MA61 with 1GZ-Fe swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yes, the Ford rad is slim and the Ford twin fans are popular for swaps over here. There is a bit more space than the pic shows.

I want one of these for Christmas :)

Newclutchoptions015.jpg

I have nearly lost the whole year of spare time for car modding to do workshop modding.
Had to raise the roof to fit in my new blue toy :) :)
The shop is mostly blocks so I had to call on some old skilz for the rebuild.

Supragarage138.jpg

I can hear that motor begging for a set of ITB's like these (plus 2 more per side, of course)

Attachments

• V8_2.jpg
    V8_2.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 36
I'm wanting these plenums to be temporary, up and running and road leagal is the main aim.
Been looking at horizontal ITB's, crossing over the valley to get straight runners but the runners would need a dent where they pass each other.

Supragarage140.jpg

Supragarage151.jpg

Got around to doing the other side

Supragarage163.jpg

Had to dodge around RH steering, glad the starter and steering are not on the same side

Supragarage165.jpg

Remember those puzzles where you had to separate the rings -hours of fun

Supragarage161.jpg

The headers are "180 degree", the cylinders that are at TDC at the same time are paired with equal length primaries.
That's why they appear symmetrical - even looking a little gay, if they were built down from the ports as the headers make their way to the rear, I couldn't get the equal length primaries, hence building them upwards first.
The Y junctions have a divider to keep the gas velocity up by reducing the cavity of the junction to produce the maximum negative pulse in the other runner.
180 degrees later the other cylinder returns the favor :)
The design is to maximise scavenging.

Hard to do on V8s because you have to pair cylinders on opposite banks such as done on the Ford GT40.

Supragarage153.jpg

These outlets are high, "downpipes" will connect the cats at about 45deg as they appear on the stock manifolds.

Supragarage166.jpg

Care to duplicate them? :)

The headers are "180 degree", the cylinders that are at TDC at the same time are paired with equal length primaries.
That's why they appear symmetrical - even looking a little gay, if they were built down from the ports as the headers make their way to the rear, I couldn't get the equal length primaries, hence building them upwards first.
The Y junctions have a divider to keep the gas velocity up by reducing the cavity of the junction to produce the maximum negative pulse in the other runner.
180 degrees later the other cylinder returns the favor :)
The design is to maximise scavenging.

Hard to do on V8s because you have to pair cylinders on opposite banks such as done on the Ford GT40.

Supragarage153.jpg

These outlets are high, "downpipes" will connect the cats at about 45deg as they appear on the stock manifolds.

Supragarage166.jpg

gte, I don't think you will want me to make you some, I take way too long, welding is less than average and now I'm testing them to fix welds and all the pin holes I found :(

To fit them in the car I need to slack off engine mounts and prise motor over 1/2" to drop in from the top, in fact, the cam covers have a vent pipe pressed in horizontal, if they could unscrew it would be no problemo.

Just about finished a fresh xmember, I had altered the one I did for a UZ but unhappy about that.
Pleased with new one + factory mounts, now have to move sway bar forward to clear the sump, 3/4".

I def have to remote mount that cruiser oil filter however that won't be too hard other than finding the space, damn this bay is going to be full.

I'm trimming down the size of the popups, mainly for looks but the upside is they will clear the airway for the cold air intakes :)

Supragarage173.jpg

Supragarage171.jpg

I will be cutting 2 honeycomb grills to make a full width in place of fog lights, I really like the look.
With the low profile popups, when they are fully closed they are just entering that space between the "new" grille and air box intake :)

primary pipe reinforcement

Hello, heres a technique I read about in a Carroll Smith race car fabrication book. These reinforcements have been used on many types of road racers for years with good results. Are your headers stainless or mild steel? How are you fabricating them? Prebent tube? Pipe notcher? MIG, TIG..?
-cale

Attachments

• PIRIMARY PIPE REINFORCEMNT.JPG
    PIRIMARY PIPE REINFORCEMNT.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: