Jealous, Desperate & Insecure

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Honestly I am surprised to see that post from Todd. I have heard nothing but good from TMEngineering until this. The sad part is that the 1UZFE tuning community is small and having grudges and vengeful feelings within it is counterproductive.

I do not know Todd and have no dealings with him whatsoever. I will say that people do sometimes say and do things in haste and regret them later. It is possible that Todd heard negative things about Lextreme and David from a source he believes. That combined with possible financial trouble at his shop ( I have NO idea if this is true or not and am only using it as a possible condition not in any way to spread any unfounded information ) it is possible that he was spouting off in anger and or frustration and David became merely a outlet for his emotions. Unfortunately once this sort of thing becomes public any possibility of resolution fades quickly.

In all my dealings with David he has been honest and hard working. I was involved directly in phone conversations with Ross during the development of the pistons and even made requests that Ross was either unable or unwilling to accomodate. That said I find it illogical to suggest that the Pistons were the result of David copying anything. If Ross sold the same pistons to both parties that is another issue out of Davids control or influence.

For my part I would like to see a public renouncement from Todd regarding this claim at the very least. I would also like to see this community wound healed and have Todd lend his experience to our small family. Ego's are fragile. Hopefully this can be overcome. I try not to harshly judge others actions even when I am targeted. I am far far from perfect but understanding, communication and when necessary apologies are something I strive to do in my life.

Let's not feed the fire here. I suggest that David privately email Todd with the facts regarding each unfounded accusation. It will then be in Todd's court to respond.

Todd said:
His pistons he says are his, those are my pistons..
Since when did u work for Ross? JBrady, Pat from Ross Pistons and myself worked very closely to create these pistons. I sent in a 1uzfe rod and piston along with the impression of the 1uzfe head (bondo) and Pat help use to create the forged pistons design. This was our first Group Buy on the pistons. I really dont know where u get your idea from. The truth is that I am not smart enough to figure the piston designs. That is why I let the professional piston engineer do the work. I guess it doesn't take an engineering degree to figure it out.

Todd said:
His copper head gasket? ..
FYI, SCE Gaskets sell them... any thickness u want. Since when u start working for SCE Gaskets? You can order any thickness you want. Again it doesnt take an engineering degree to figure it out.

Todd said:
Mine. Rod design, mine. ..
Yes, you did send me a set of forged A Beam rods and i thank you for that. Matter of fact they are working awesome in my LS400 right now. However, the rod I have been playing around with are not your design. I am using Chevy Rods with crank modifications. Please don't tell me you have been working for Eagles Rods Inc? Since when u designed the Eagles ESP 3D rods or Pauter rods? Even its your rods, how hard it is to send a stock rod to Crower or Eagle and have them do a custom job on it? Its a matter of money. Once again, it doesnt take an engineering degree to figure it out.

Todd said:
High output alternator, JPI
High output alternator has been around in the Supra community for many years and many local alternator rebuild can actually make it. Matter of fact i have a guy locally to my house can make me 200 amp alternator. Once again, it doesnt take an engineering degree to figure it out.

Todd said:
If you want to test this out, ask him some more deeper or specific questions on his piston design - why some parts of them are shaped in some way, or why certain parts are thinner or thicker, why he decided to have the pin height where it is, what rod it is designed for, if it was made for a higher revving engine, higher torque engine, turbo, how much boost, what rings and what material, why the rings are sitting where they are on that piston. Don't email him either with time to ask someone else, ask him in person so he has to answer right then and there. These are points he won't even know about his own pistons that he is selling, but I can surely tell you the answer to each of them. But I think I will keep my mouth shut this time around. Lessons learned for me.

I don't have to know everything to make thing work. I have professional engineer figure it out for me. For example, pistons engineer can figure out what i need to make a set of pistons that can handle 1000 hp. I can have rod engineer to make me a set of rods that can handle 1000 hp. I can have a gasket engineer to make gaskets that can handle abuse. You see, I dont have to know everything and I NEVER Claim to know everything, but the statement u wrote my little 4 year old daugther would know what to do. Since I dont know everything, I get help and ask questions and share the answers. Unlike you have to hide and scare people will pick your brain. Todd, you are insecure and you are trying to put me down so u can get some credit for what u have been doing. The problem with it is because u dont share your knowledge and u keep it to yourself and someone figure it out you get mad and saying its your idea. An idea is useless unless its express into action.

Who was the first one though about making a computer? Not BILL GATE. Bill Gate acted upon his idea then now we have Microsoft. I would not be surprise the idea was around during Roman time... or earlier. Heck, when i was little i though of it too.... but i didnt act upon it. So, is that mean Bill Gate took my idea? LOL

Since the whole thing started by Todd, he should be contacting me. At this time I am still waiting for his email or pm. I would like to settle this offline, but he havent reach out yet.

Here are some of your unhappy customers' comments:
jibby said:
However I took it in to Tm Engineering to be re-dyno'd and tuned and thinking the exhaust cat change screwed up my piggy back ecu tuning or something along those lines. Todd at Tm worked with it and could not tune and fix, I then changed out the mass air flow sensor and throttle body sensor, oxygen sensors. I even put back the origainal cat and the problem still persists. I then changed back to the magnaflow cat and that did not correct the problem of course, I cleaned out the trottle body with carb cleaner nothing
jibby said:
Can A Piggy Back Ecu Produce As Much Hp As A Stand Alone? Can A Piggy Back Make Smoother And Better Timed Transmittion Shifts? And Last Can A Piggy Back Work With A Supercharger Combination With Nos, Which Is Planned For This Car In The Future? Also My Current Piggyback Is Causing A Bog,lag Or Stall Issue Between 1000-2000prm Only At Full Throttle , It Is Not Correctable According To Todd With My Current Piggy Back Which He Programmed. Any Advise For Me? Todd Also Suggested Changing Out The Mass Air Flow Sensor And Throttle Position Sensor To Correct That Problem, Needless To Say A Waste Of Money. So Who Know's? Todd Is Not A Smart As Everyone Thinks
jibby said:
I hope you are not referring to me as the (AKA Knife in the back) If you are talking about Todd at Tm Emgineering I cannot agree with you more, I am still pulling the knife out of my back which he stuck in. However, I do think he is knowledgeable and I did trust his opinion on headers, only because of his past history with these cars, and the 1200hp sc400 he is building in his shop which I see with my own eyes and may never be completed becuase he is probably broke from losing all his customers like me. The man does know a few things but is completely untrustworthy. Cheers! Payback is sweet wouldn't you say Dave

The above are direct from his customers.

Here are some nice referrals and comments about TME:
Lextreme said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to do it yourself then www.lextreme.com/timing.html and www.lextreme.com/timing2.html or contact www.tmengineering.net and Todd is very close to you.
Lextreme said:
I guess if you heavy duty equipment then u can install them yourself, but very difficult. Contact TM Engineering and ask for Todd. He can do that for you. He is locate in Torrance.
Lextreme said:
That looks like Todd Matsubara's SC of TM Engineering..Badass Car...
Lextreme said:
There are many people donated to our site. Now, I want to thank them publicly and we really appreciate their contribution and support. I would like to thank the following donors:

SC400T (Ryan Allan) - Multiple Times
Decio Hinokuma
Sniper
Xirforever
mybrainisimmense
Zuffen
Loaded From TIF
Neil Griffiths From rushimports.com.au
Miles B
The Flea
Leo from Luxurymods.com
Joe G from TPS
Carlos R. From AAP
Todd M. From TM Engineering
Jim from Injector Prefector
Daizen
Jim Walker
Strutmaster
Steve From Lextasy
Steve & Paul from Carson Toyota
Ronnie from Keyes Lexus
Danny Banh From DB Performance Engineering
Eric Hamacher AKA elhsupra

I would like to give credit to those who helped out. If I missed your name, please let me know. Once again thank you all for your financial support.

David
As you can see. I love this guy. However, he have no rights to downgrade me in a public forum. I have no problems with him, but it looks like he has problems with me. There were numerous times i got emails from his buyers complainting about his delay shipment or none email response. I backed him up and I contact Todd via email reminding his orders/sells personally and tried to confort his buyers. If he has problems with me, he should contact me via email, pm or just pick up the phone and call me. Heck we only 25 minutes away. However, he failed to do that, but rather tried embarrass me and our forum infront of a very popular Lexus forum.

I really can't believe I'm jumping in this.

And honestly despite my personal issues with Todd I'm going to back him up. I've known Todd for about 3 years and haven't spoken with him in quite a long time but I now know how mis-information is spread VERY quickly on internet forums about these kind of things. This happens to be one his pet-peeves.

I'm seeing a lot of responses on the lines regarding Todd as "less experienced, taking credit etc."

You don't know his side of the story. He has put a lot of time into researching these engines, running his business and getting where he is today. He has YEARS of experience in the automotive industry with a VERY wide customer base- from the average Joe to auto-manufacturers. Any issue like this should have been resolved through good communication, something that isn't always easy and can be improved if the person(s) are willing.

I'd really like to expound more than is needed here, but that's all I'm choosing to say.

I'm pretty sure Todd already gave us his side of the story when he posted. Anything he had to say now would mostly come off as just damage-control to try and save face & not look like a complete jackass.

What I'm posting to isn't really related to the above debate, I meant in the question of his knowledge and experience.

I don't know what's going on regarding the issue so I'm not commenting on it.

Ahhh I found this thread.....

Just an update on our good friend Todd and TM Engineering...I happen to have my old APEXi SAFC piggy back laying around.. It was rendered useless because I did not hold the security code to assess the unit... I replaced it and forgot about it until now...

Needless to say Todd intalled it years ago so I decided to give him a call and ask him for the security code so I could resell the unit....Todd wouldn't answer my phone calls so I emailed him, and he sent me back a threatening spam message in return..

This Todd guy at TM Engineering is pure scum...Low life bastard.... Harsh words on my part but every bit just... He's a total cheat, and is a sneaky as they get...... How do I put this guy out of business? He's cheated on me 3 times now and cost me money every time, but never again.....

I'm not surprised Todd said such things. I've been buying his stuffs several times and his customer service isn't too good. He even sold me a set of used Tanabe springs for my SC400. What a cheater! I found out when there're touch-up paint marks on the springs. The used springs sag so bad. BS! And there's a thread on Clublexus regarding to the Tanabe springs that don't have the even height for front and rear, he kept trying to defend that by putting me down. He's affiliated with Tanabe. However, there're several other members use these springs who took the pictures of their cars and prove that the front and rear aren't even. That's when he shut up.

Interesting, I didnt know that I had offended him almost 2 years ago. Todd if you read this please know that it was totally inadvertent, I sincerely did not mean to offend you.

Steve, I didn't know you had issues with Todd too..Man this guy, what is his problem? Maybe he was abused as a small child, not shown enough love as a youth, what's the frigg'n deal?

Morris don't kiss Todds arse, if you offended him congrats he had it coming.....The guy is a prick and half and I hope he is reading this as I am making every attempt to offend him in every possible way...... :fing26:

Now have a nice day :07:

I actually to be honest dont care who made what first and how or why, I just care there are now products out there for us to buy, while there is a market there will be people making products to service it. As part of this, I dont care if someone makes money in the process, David is entitled to like any other, providing all legal requirements are met. it saves me time to buy a part for more than its worth if I know its proven and works...

Not that I dont have empathy for the situation, every time a tuner or manufacturer is in comflict these stories seem to appear. At the end of the day, David is the guy supplying and putting in the time for a decent range of items...

i tried calling this guy for some parts last year but he never returned my calls or emails so i said f*ck him and went through someone else. btw lextreme i need a tc!! the speed bug has bitten me. LOL:biglaugh:

Attachments

• Valves-tempchart.gif
    Valves-tempchart.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 42