My engine is Jealous

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Get Bodge to give you some clearance !!

It's only potentiometer and if there's any movement it won't work as it should...

Yep if it looks like a duck ??

Did some more work on the problem.

Turns out the TPS doesn't hit the firewall.

My last thought is what would happen if the spindle the TPS rotates around was fractionaly too long?

These thigs are pretty fragile inside and if they were being forced out of alignment I can immagine all sorts of problems.

Looking at it and measuring as best you can because its an odd shape I think if I took less than a mm off the spindle things may sort out.

No reason why the shaft can't have been cut a little too long.

My plan is take off .5mm and see what happens.

Whilst searching for a new TPS I found a company in Mlebourne who does them mail order.

I picked up two (nothing like having a spare) for $66.00 delivered.

Makes the Holden price of $240.00 look a little rich!

There's method in my madness.

If I have a second I won't need it, whilst if I only buy 1 it will fail and I'll be waiting for another to be delivered.

The car's currently "beached" in my garage with the T/B off it and it's holding up the next project as I need to move it to my FIL's garage for the next few months.

5 weeks after my last post I can report the car is running much better.

I ordered the two TPS units but they never arrived!

Turns out we forgot to pay for them by bank transfer. Did that 2 weeks after ordering and then waited another 2 weeks but no TPS's.

Gave them acall and turns out the bank details on their Website were incorrect so once sorted they sent me 3 TPS's for the price of 2. This made them around $25.00 each! Holden charge around $240.00 and my local parts man around $120.00. I think it was a good price but lousy service.

Threw it all back together yesterday and started it up. No different. Coughing and back firing still. I've checked and e-checked all sensors and the wiring.

I took it out and gave it a good thrashing and it's going much better.

My theory is it fouled the plugs sufficiently that it would run but as you cracked the throttle open they broke down. It was fine once on boost and going.

Each time I drive it, it gets better.

I'm planning on storing the car at my in-laws over winter so my garage is free for me to get on with my next project, so come Saturday the garage will have a new inhabitant.

At one stage I was so discusseted with it was I was ready to give it away.

I'm so looking forward to a factory engine with great drivability and reliability.

I love working on cars but I hate having to fix them.

To be fair throw 20Lb boost through the Genlll and see how it holds up ???
Yea tinkering is one thing .. But unreliability is another..
Turn the key it should start !!!!!!

As much as I'm over the car I was out driving it today and it does bring a huge smile to your face.

The accelaration is simply stunning.

I hope the next one is as quick (or quicker), with the front wheels either on the ground or in the air!

Not sure how a Gen III would take to 20psi. If it held together it should be putting out well over 1,000hp!

I moved the van into the garage today so things are on the move.

Over the last 6 weeks I've gathered together a lot of what I need so once the body is off the chassis it should fall together pretty nicely. I now have almost the entire brake system assembled ready to mount and the engine/trans/transfer are all hooked up and ready to drop in once engine mounts are built. Then it's a matter of getting the rear end narrowed and mounted and it will be ready for wiring. This sounds quick and simple but I haven't mentioned narrowing the chassis by 250mm (to fit 295 50 x15"tyres on 10"wheels under the back as I'm after the "Gasser"look) and a myriad of other not so little issues.

Give me 12 months.