Im In Desperate Need Of Some 1UZ Knowledge

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Sorry for the late reply on the exhaust. Here's a pic of my 2.25" setup:

2.25" mandrel aluminized steel
2 magnaflow straight thru's
swaged pipes from 2.5" to 2.25" for header fmanges
magnaflow X-pipe (H-pipe is fine also)
4" tips

DSCN1045.jpg

Sorry its taken me so long to reply, this has been a seriously hectic weekend.

My car is actually a 1993, I found that shifter at a junk yard but couldnt find the trans. Some day soon, Im hoping to swap out my a341 for an a650.

I got my exhaust done on Friday with 2.25 dual pipes and Flowmaster mufflers and I hate it. If the car was a mustang or a camaro it would be fine but the sound of my exhaust does not fit my car, I think Im gonna have them put 2 of the resonators back on, on monday.

I do want to do forced induction eventually but I really need to get a new trans and rebuild my motor first and which I figure will give me a good opportunity to learn about engine internals.

My car is actually a 1993
Well thats great news, that means you have the beefy early UZ rods. 1994.5 is the cutoff for the beefy rods. Slap a blower on there and crank it up to 7-9psi and you'll be boosting daily (reliably).

If you want a cleaner, smoother sounding exhaust, install an X pipe. What kind of balance pipe are you running? W/O one will really give it that "mustang/cmaro" style note that your referring to. Personally I cant stand flow masters.. they always sound too raspy but this is a personal preference. If you want a nice mellow note w/ solid bass... swap (2) quality 2.5" canister mufflers like HKS, Blitz, tanabe, JIC etc. If thats too much dB for you, try running the provided silencers or swap over to magnaflows... I have them on both of my rides w/o any hint of raspiness or droning.

Any pics of the new system?

A resonator up front either side should help...
Helps wider spectrum harmonics..
Nice exhaust in above post....
Would putting the 2 round resonators back on fix it?
If you want a cleaner, smoother sounding exhaust, install an X pipe. What kind of balance pipe are you running? W/O one will really give it that "mustang/cmaro" style note that your referring to. Personally I cant stand flow masters.. they always sound too raspy but this is a personal preference. If you want a nice mellow note w/ solid bass... swap (2) quality 2.5" canister mufflers like HKS, Blitz, tanabe, JIC etc. If thats too much dB for you, try running the provided silencers or swap over to magnaflows... I have them on both of my rides w/o any hint of raspiness or droning.

Any pics of the new system?
Im finishing an interior rebuild on a 94 Corvette this weekend and I let the owner borrow my car in the meantime so I havent had a chance to take pics of the new exhaust

Well thats great news, that means you have the beefy early UZ rods. 1994.5 is the cutoff for the beefy rods. Slap a blower on there and crank it up to 7-9psi and you'll be boosting daily (reliably).
Thats exactly why I bought a 93 (wanted a 94 but couldnt find one). I remember seeing this pic when I was thinking about putting a 1uz in my 2000 4runner
Lexus-Toyota-Rods.jpg

Last edited: