Hydraulic fan pump spec

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

RichZilla

I'm putting a 1UZ in a Mercedes 280SE and I'm wondering if anyone knows what sort of pressure the 1UZ hydraulic fan pump runs at on 100% duty cycle. I've got a crazy idea that involves running the 280SE self levelling suspension off it.

I would be very surprised if the Toyota pump couldn't power the Benz suspension.

The benz pump is only about the same size.

I'd give it a go.

By the way it isn't on 100% duty cycle in the Benz.

It only needs to move fluid when the ride height changes suficiently to call the load leveling into play.

The pump on the merc engine is mounted to the front of the timing cover. Looks to run off the exhaust cam. A guy at Mercedes told me today that the Merc pump runs on about 25PSi.

I'm planning to use the hydraulic fan pump with constant ignition power to the solenoid so it's fully open - to replicate the Merc pump which is always turning when the engine is running. Therefore, the existing pressure regulator in the Merc system should still control the pressure. Just wanted to make sure the fan pump would be up to the job.

Thanks for the help!

Man, I don't want to hear that! Hoses to handle that sort of pressure are expensive!

Maybe I can come up with some sort of variable solenoid controller so I'm only using 10% duty cycle. Meh... I'll sort it out somehow.

i have wired upa 1uz into a vn commodore and the 1uz had been siting round for ages so bits went missing off it and one bit was the power steering pump

the workshop didnt really know about the hydraulic fan pump setup so they thought it was the power steering pump so they hooked up the power steering lines to the hydraulic pump lines thinking that was standard

we went for drive steering stillworked butnot perfectly

so the hydraulic pump has enough pressure to sort of run a power steering rack

Attachments

• soarer production.pdf
    107.3 KB · Views: 31
Hey Sideshow, its Sean from quick fit.

From what you said about the VN, I could assume that the solenoid or valve on the pump is normally open and the computer varies pressure by closing it.

Makes sense. If the fan ECU were to die, you'd still have a fan. Sounds like toyota to me.

hey did u find any coil terminals

the solenoid is always about 1/3 or so open in the closed position

this is so like u said if fan ecu fails the fan will stil lspin in low speed

then when u open solenoid full u get full hydraulic power to the fan

Thanks Lambo.

Woah that's some pretty high pressure. I have the Merc manual coming in the next couple of days, so I'll check it out.