group buy

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jappa

Is there any plans for another group buy of Lexus forged pistons? I would like a set for my 3uzfe.

I wouldn't expect it to happen.

The demand just isn't there nowadays.

Going back 10 or more years there were plenty of these engines being built (I built one) but people have moved on to newer engines.

You need to keep in mind the oldest of these engines is now 30 years old.

You could try contacting Ross Racing Pistons as they made the last 1UZ sets and may be able to help.

Going back 10 or more years there were plenty of these engines being built (I built one) but people have moved on to newer engines.

You could try contacting Ross Racing Pistons as they made the last 1UZ sets and may be able to help.
Cheers for the reply, I will give Ross a go.

This post just depressed me, as someone just getting into the 1UZ. Seems like there are at least a couple of options for forged pistons from Suprastore:

Are they no good?

Sorry I can't answer the question as I have never used either brand.

Suggest a bit of Googling to try and get user feedback.

what are your HP goals? unless you are going upwards of 400 whp, I can't see why you need forged... If you are looking for 500-600whp you may want to look at the threads of some of the other members who are having heads lift at 600whp even with best of everything and major coin....not trying to disappoint but the cost per hp after 400whp kind of becomes counter intuitive. The Aussies have a lot more experience building 1000hp monsters...maybe they would be a better resource for these...

I got a new replacement from Ross this week (Dropped a valve). Showed up in 3 days. The Ross pistons are $850/set and readily available. Good to over 1000hp.

I got a new replacement from Ross this week (Dropped a valve). Showed up in 3 days. The Ross pistons are $850/set and readily available. Good to over 1000hp.
My set for a 3uzfe showed up last week from Ross, $1346.52USD, not sure why mine were so expensive.......

1. The 3UZ may not be a standard part (they are larger diameter)
2. You may have bought direct from Ross. You can get a better price from dealers.

what are your HP goals? unless you are going upwards of 400 whp, I can't see why you need forged... If you are looking for 500-600whp you may want to look at the threads of some of the other members who are having heads lift at 600whp even with best of everything and major coin....not trying to disappoint but the cost per hp after 400whp kind of becomes counter intuitive. The Aussies have a lot more experience building 1000hp monsters...maybe they would be a better resource for these...

I cranked mine up to 20psi this weekend. Ran like a champ. This block has Eagle Rods (good bolts), Ross Pistons, ARP studs top/bottom, Springs and Ti retainers. Shifted between 7200-7500.