IMF headers holiday group buy $599!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Thanks for the pics, i never actually seen the 98 model before. Do you have a picture of the 98 cats? The 97 you can clearly see the cat so i assume its a cali spec and the 98 is a fed spec. That explains why the cali cars were able to pass the emissions test. Good info!

Actually, IIRC the 98-00 LS400, GS400 and SC400 were all 50 state certified LEV (low emission vehicle) with only the two primary cats and did NOT have a center cat. The 01 430 vehicles were ULEV (ultra low emission vehicle) and went back to the center third cat AND went back to the single tube exhaust manifold (the SC never got the dual tube)

First pic is a set of 430 ceramic core stock catalysts bolted to S&S headers. This is the same configuration for ALL Lexus V8 engines. They all have the primary cats bolted to the exhaust manifolds.

Next is a pic of the 98-00 metal substrate (excellent flowing) stock catalysts.

Attachments

• SS%20Headers%20plus%20cats.jpg
    SS%20Headers%20plus%20cats.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Im000363.jpg
    Im000363.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
If your car is cali spec then you already have the center main cat. Look under the car, it is very easy to spot. If you have a fed spec and need to get your own cat then get any OBDII cat and you will be ok. Magnaflow cats are good.

Actually the 98-00 Calif spec Lexus V8s did NOT have center cats. Also, the IMF headers for the SC400 will NOT fit an LS400. IMF may build cats to fit the GS400 that would physically fit an LS400 but modifications would be required and the stock catalysts would not fit. Passing emissions would be difficult. You could install a cat at the Y pipe junction and probably pass the emissions test but this would be WITH MODIFIED GS400 IMF headers IF and WHEN they get built. For now you could modify S&S headers for your LS to work with your stock cats as that is what I am doing. Not easy and not direct bolt in.