IMF headers holiday group buy $599!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Chase

Approved Vendor
Just in time for the holidays!

Checking for interest in a group buy for the IMF headers for the SC400. I also posted on another forum so as long as we get 5 people total this GB is a go.

The new retail on the headers is $799.00 as of today and if there is enough interest i am willing to offer the headers for $599.00 plus shipping. I will need at least 5 people to join in to offer this price. If you are interested please let me know by posting here or PMing me. As soon as we have at least 5 people i will start taking orders and shipping. Headers are in stock and ready to ship.

Customers and members of this forum are already running this setup on their cars with great power gain.

Here is a picture of the headers

http://imfabrications.com/images/1219528774194368131478.jpeg

Fits 100% all 92-94 SC400's. 95- and up models require minor modifications to the flanges that connect to the stock y-pipe.

If anyone has any questions please let me know.

Thanks, Chase

Chase, remind us again what size the primaries are, and what they merge into, etc.?

- Made out of 304 stainless steel and polished for show quality looks.
- All necessary gaskets are included with the headers.
- 2 year limited warranty.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

The EXACT sizes are 1.6 going into a 2.4.

That is good to know. I don't remember seeing those stats before. I believe the sizes you quote are better for street performance that these sizes I thought and quoted.

Since standard USDM sizes are in inches and there are no 1.6" or 2.4" pipe I am they are most likely metric sizing.
2.4" is just a little over a 60mm pipe so maybe the collector is "exactly" 60mm/2.36" ;)

Unless you are quoting internal diameter?

That is good to know. I don't remember seeing those stats before. I believe the sizes you quote are better for street performance that these sizes I thought and quoted.

Since standard USDM sizes are in inches and there are no 1.6" or 2.4" pipe I am they are most likely metric sizing.
2.4" is just a little over a 60mm pipe so maybe the collector is "exactly" 60mm/2.36" ;)

Unless you are quoting internal diameter?

It all depends where the metal is ordered from. 304 stainless is 304 stainless, doesnt matter where its from. BTW, i just pulled a set and measured so the numbers are exact as the eye can see.

Last edited:
I sense that you are expecting me to be negative about the headers you carry. On the contrary, I feel they are an excellent value and a nice option for SC400 owners.

My response above included the wink ;) since you stated "EXACT"

When the headers were first available is "seems" like the stats I quoted were provided by either a customer or distributor. Again, not really important and I think that being smaller is better for torque. I spend a fair amount of time designing exhaust upgrades so it is interesting to know specifics.

IMO, these headers look great, fit, work and are more than reasonably priced. Are they better than the Rush headers or S&S headers? The 304 stainless is a better base material. The rest can be discussed and I would love to see accurate performance testing. There is probably not a significant peak power difference between the 3 available designs. It would be very interesting to get solid reliable data for the performance at low to mid range RPM.

All in all I am glad you are making these available to the market. Cheers!

I sense that you are expecting me to be negative about the headers you carry. On the contrary, I feel they are an excellent value and a nice option for SC400 owners.

My response above included the wink ;) since you stated "EXACT"

When the headers were first available is "seems" like the stats I quoted were provided by either a customer or distributor. Again, not really important and I think that being smaller is better for torque. I spend a fair amount of time designing exhaust upgrades so it is interesting to know specifics.

IMO, these headers look great, fit, work and are more than reasonably priced. Are they better than the Rush headers or S&S headers? The 304 stainless is a better base material. The rest can be discussed and I would love to see accurate performance testing. There is probably not a significant peak power difference between the 3 available designs. It would be very interesting to get solid reliable data for the performance at low to mid range RPM.

All in all I am glad you are making these available to the market. Cheers!

Not at all, sorry if it seemed that way, i was just explaining why there could be differences in the sizes. I didn't get any negative vibes from anything you were saying. In fact i appreciate you helping out with the answers.

All is good :)

As for who's headers are better that is a subject with no end. Its all a matter of opinion and the only way to really get accurate results is to test all the headers back to back. Although some might perform better then others for various uses. The headers i am offering are designed to be an all around performer, its a good mix of a daily driver and track use while still maintaining acceptable sound levels. So far i have gotten great feedback from customers who have already installed these headers.

I am not here to claim these are the best headers from the best company, just here to offer another great product at a great value. The more options customers have, the better.

Last edited:
Sorry, no one makes CARB legal headers for any of the lexus models. You'll still pass the emissions test but they are not carb legal.

Not so fast. You cannot install the IMF headers without removing or moving the stock cats. Without cats the car will NOT pass emissions testing. If the stock cats are re-installed under the car you will probably pass the sniffer portion of emission testing but possibly fail a visual inspection as it is not permissable to change the stock location of the catalysts. As noted the S&S headers are NOT CARB legal and are not designed to accept the stock 1992-1997 catalysts. The 1998-00 catalysts will bolt on but are too long and out of position. Aftermarket cats can be installed in the stock location

I have a 99 LS. Has this header ever been installed on a 98 to 2000 LS?

Thanks!

Neither the IMF or the S&S headers work as a direct bolt in for a 1998-2000 LS400. IMF is planning a header for the 1998-2000 GS400 that may fit we will have to wait and see if this is tested. The S&S headers will fit but they are slightly shorter than the stock manifold and the catalyst flange is rotated 180 degrees preventing a direct bolt in. I have just received a set that I will be modifying for my 1999 LS400. I am fairly certain that the IMF headers for the SC400 will not physically fit in an LS400 of any year due to chassis component interference.

Last edited:
Not so fast. You cannot install the IMF headers without removing or moving the stock cats. Without cats the car will NOT pass emissions testing. If the stock cats are re-installed under the car you will probably pass the sniffer portion of emission testing but possibly fail a visual inspection as it is not permissable to change the stock location of the catalysts. As noted the S&S headers are NOT CARB legal and are not designed to accept the stock 1992-1997 catalysts. The 1998-00 catalysts will bolt on but are too long and out of position. Aftermarket cats can be installed in the stock location

The headers remove the two precats but retain the main cat. You can still pass the emissions test with the main cat in place, its been done before. Visual is another story, it all depends how hard they look.

The headers remove the two precats but retain the main cat. You can still pass the emissions test with the main cat in place, its been done before. Visual is another story, it all depends how hard they look.

Well, actually some cars have a third cat but most have a center resonator only. The third cat is a California and possibly Canadian emissions change and it is not the main cat it is a extra cat. The cats bolted to the stock manifolds are the main cats. So, most of the cars do not have a center third cat and will need a cat(s) installed for ANY hope of passing emissions. Cars with the 3rd cat will probably pass the emissions sniffer test.

Below are pics of both designs.

The first is a 98 model (viewed from the rear looking forward) without a third cat but is representative of the earlier cars without a 3rd cat.

The second is a 97 model (viewed from the front looking rear) with a 3rd cat and is also representative of the earlier models with a 3rd cat.

Attachments

• 1998 SC400.jpg
    1998 SC400.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 1997 SC400 3rd cat.jpg
    1997 SC400 3rd cat.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 8
Well, actually some cars have a third cat but most have a center resonator only. The third cat is a California and possibly Canadian emissions change and it is not the main cat it is a extra cat. The cats bolted to the stock manifolds are the main cats. So, most of the cars do not have a center third cat and will need a cat(s) installed for ANY hope of passing emissions. Cars with the 3rd cat will probably pass the emissions sniffer test.

Below are pics of both designs.

The first is a 98 model (viewed from the rear looking forward) without a third cat but is representative of the earlier cars without a 3rd cat.

The second is a 97 model (viewed from the front looking rear) with a 3rd cat and is also representative of the earlier models with a 3rd cat.

Thanks for the pics, i never actually seen the 98 model before. Do you have a picture of the 98 cats? The 97 you can clearly see the cat so i assume its a cali spec and the 98 is a fed spec. That explains why the cali cars were able to pass the emissions test. Good info!

My 99 LS needs to pass the California sniffer tests.

So if I get this header, I will need to get a center main cat.

Is there a main cat that you can recommend?

My 99 LS needs to pass the California sniffer tests.

So if I get this header, I will need to get a center main cat.

Is there a main cat that you can recommend?

If your car is cali spec then you already have the center main cat. Look under the car, it is very easy to spot. If you have a fed spec and need to get your own cat then get any OBDII cat and you will be ok. Magnaflow cats are good.