IMF Headers Group Buy!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Chase

Approved Vendor
Note to mods: i paid to be a vendor on this site, just letting you know so you wont think i am breaking any rules ;)

IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!!

These are the same EKT headers that are now sold under a new name. I purchased the rights for these headers from EKT and now selling them under my own company name which is IMF.

These headers retail for $999.00 but i am offering a special on them to kick start my new business.

Special pricing is $699.00 plus shipping, that $300.00 in savings over retail and this price WILL NEVER BE OFFERED AGAIN! This is a promotion to get the name and product out there so if you are interested in headers make sure you take advantage of it.

There are already a few people out there with these headers and they have only great things to say about them.

Please be advised that these headers are 100% bolt on on 92-94 SC400's.

95 and up models will require minor modifications to the flanges on the exhaust system since lexus redesigned the stock parts in 95, 97 and 98. I dont know why Lexus did that as its only the angle of the flanges. These headers will also fit all other Lexus v8 engines with minor modification to the exhaust flanges.

Its a very easy fix that any muffler shop can do for you in under 30 minutes.

This special price is limited to 5 sets only, after the first 5 are sold i will offer the headers at $799.00 each until the end of October. Nov 1st, its back to retail price of $999.00.

If anyone has any questions or if you would like to place an order please e-mail me at [email protected] or feel free to PM me.

The headers are in stock and ready to ship the same day you place your order as long as its before 2pm.

Thanks, Chase

Chase, it might be good if you'd include full specs on these headers, ie what they're made of, how thick are the flanges, coated or not, etc.

We have a number of new members that may not know or remember this info from the last time when they were EKT.

Chase, it might be good if you'd include full specs on these headers, ie what they're made of, how thick are the flanges, coated or not, etc.

We have a number of new members that may not know or remember this info from the last time when they were EKT.

Sorry about that. I was so busy today i just forgot. Thank you for bringing it up.

The headers are made out of 304 stainless steel and polished for show like looks. There is not coating on the headers.

For more detail please visit this link.

http://imfabrications.com/product.sc?categoryId=3&productId=1

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Chase.

First person to order at $699.00.

I am going to start a list so everyone can keep track.

$699.00 + shipping

1. middlemarkal - paid and shipped.

$799.00 + shipping

Only 4 spots left at $699.00.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

IIRC;

Tubing and collector material is 304 grade stainless steel, polished, no coating, 1.625" outside diameter tubing on the primaries. Estimated primary lengths range from apx 14" shortest to 22" longest.

Head flanges appear to be 3/8" and also be of 304 stainless steel (some headers use mild steel flanges even with stainless primary pipes)

Downpipe flanges appear to be 1/4" inch and also 304 stainless steel.

This is a great price compared to any USA manufactured stainless headers.

1219528774194368131478.jpeg

BTW, the collectors used are ok but for someone wanting to improve the torque range merge collectors would be better. This of course would require the expense and fabrication to either buy or build merge collectors as well as cutting the existing ones off and welding on new ones. Of course doing so would void any warranty.

Here is a company that makes very affordable formed collectors that are 9/10s as effective as a fabricated merge. Nice option.

http://www.coneeng.com/collectors.html

The formed outer cone is about $60 ea in 304 stainless

pic1.jpg

The inside "bullet" kit is about $50 ea fully welded in 304 ss.

bullets.jpg

construction image

19.jpg

left.jpg

There are 11 days left to get in on these prices, it will go back up to retail as of the 1st.

Hey all, thought I'd throw in some info since I have the headers installed!

Goods - They are of very nice construction IMO. The flanges are quite thick. They seemed to be a bit lighter than the stock manifolds and definately lighter than the stockies and cats. Shaved almost a tenth and a half off my 1/8 mile time with the headers alone. With the headers and a full 2.5 inch mandrel exhaust setup, I'm about 4 tenths faster on my 1/8 mile time. The car runs consistent on the track now, before the headers my times would be all over the place. I'm sure there are other factors involed in the times but you get the idea. They car sounded a bit raspy with the crap exhaust I had with the Dynomax mufflers but sounds great with the 2.5 inch with Magnaflows.

Bads - They did not line up with the down pipes (I have a 95). The pre-drilled holes for the EGR pipe studs were just a tad off, but I just made a block-off plate anyway. They are a PITA to install, but that's the fault of the Lexus engineers. They took forever for me to get which shouldn't be an issue anymore. That's all really.

There is a guy on CL who installed them on a pre 95 and he's having interference issues between the headers and the steering shaft, don't know if he's resolved the problem.

If there's anyone who hasn't seen my thread go here - http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10302

That's all I can think of for now. In summary, I love the headers and the 699 deal is less than I paid for them. I'd reccomend them if you want some headers for your SC.

KC

Hey all, thought I'd throw in some info since I have the headers installed!

Goods - They are of very nice construction IMO. The flanges are quite thick. They seemed to be a bit lighter than the stock manifolds and definately lighter than the stockies and cats. Shaved almost a tenth and a half off my 1/8 mile time with the headers alone. With the headers and a full 2.5 inch mandrel exhaust setup, I'm about 4 tenths faster on my 1/8 mile time. The car runs consistent on the track now, before the headers my times would be all over the place. I'm sure there are other factors involed in the times but you get the idea. They car sounded a bit raspy with the crap exhaust I had with the Dynomax mufflers but sounds great with the 2.5 inch with Magnaflows.

Bads - They did not line up with the down pipes (I have a 95). The pre-drilled holes for the EGR pipe studs were just a tad off, but I just made a block-off plate anyway. They are a PITA to install, but that's the fault of the Lexus engineers. They took forever for me to get which shouldn't be an issue anymore. That's all really.

There is a guy on CL who installed them on a pre 95 and he's having interference issues between the headers and the steering shaft, don't know if he's resolved the problem.

If there's anyone who hasn't seen my thread go here - http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10302

That's all I can think of for now. In summary, I love the headers and the 699 deal is less than I paid for them. I'd reccomend them if you want some headers for your SC.

KC

Thanks KC! Good to hear from you.

The pre 95, who is it? it should be a 100% fit as long as he installs it correctly. I just had a local customer install one on a 94 with no problems.

Was it a PITA to install them or was it a PITA to remove the stock ones? For me its the removal of the stock ones that is a pain in the ass but goes on pretty easy once the stocks are removed. ;)

BTW, so far these headers have been installed on 92,93 and 94 models with no issues that i know of. Have whoever it is that is having issues E-mail me, much appreciated. Chase

Thanks KC! Good to hear from you.

The pre 95, who is it? it should be a 100% fit as long as he installs it correctly. I just had a local customer install one on a 94 with no problems.

Was it a PITA to install them or was it a PITA to remove the stock ones? For me its the removal of the stock ones that is a pain in the ass but goes on pretty easy once the stocks are removed. ;)

BTW, so far these headers have been installed on 92,93 and 94 models with no issues that i know of. Have whoever it is that is having issues E-mail me, much appreciated. Chase

No problem Chase. Again, I love the headers.

Sent you PM with info on the guy having some issues.

The whole job is a PITA. I would agree that installing the headers is easier than removing the stockies. It's just a very tight space, hard job.

KC

I know some of you think part of the PITA is removing the nuts. If you have the short 12 mm and 14mm swivel sockets (short enough to cover the nuts and a little bit of the studs), you'll find some breaths when trying to get the nuts out. Don't use the universal swivel socket adapter because it's too long and it won't help that much. Regular auto part stores don't have this specific socket. You can find it at Sears (Sears has somewhat shorter than the required length) or Snap-on, or even Ebay, or some mechanic tool shops. Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Snap...trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ360055361670

Only 7 days left for the special pricing.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks, Chase

Only one set of headers left at the $699.00 price.

Tomorrow is the last day to get these headers for the special price of $699.00 and there is only one set left. After this last one is sold the price goes back up to the retail price of $999.00.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Thank you, Chase

Just wanted to day thank you for everyone who ordered the headers. All orders have been shipped out. If anyone wants a tracking number go ahead and e-mail me to [email protected]

Thanks, Chase

Just wanted to day thank you for everyone who ordered the headers. All orders have been shipped out. If anyone wants a tracking number go ahead and e-mail me to [email protected]

Thanks, Chase

How many did you sell Chase? Just curious. You might have good luck at CL. I've had a few people ask me about them in the past, I reffered the ones I could remember to this thread.

Also, any word on the y?

KC

How many did you sell Chase? Just curious. You might have good luck at CL. I've had a few people ask me about them in the past, I reffered the ones I could remember to this thread.

Also, any word on the y?

KC

I sold 4 sets. There was more interest but most people are low on funds these days. Hopefully it will pick up.

I want to advertise on CL but they are asking for a lot of money for advertising. We'll see how it goes.

The y-pipe is going into production and should be available to ship first Q of 09. I'll post some pics and info on here soon. Hopefully there will be interest in this product.

I have one set left that i am willing to offer for $699.00. If anyone is interested e-mail me or PM.

Thanks, Chase

Hello again,

I bought these headers from the last group buy, but haven't had time to install them yet.

From what i can tell, they are very well constructed and the flanges are thick, like Kc has mention earlier. They pretty light as well.

The price is cheaper then I've bought them for. (Do you accept price adjustments :veryhappy:)

Hello again,

I bought these headers from the last group buy, but haven't had time to install them yet.

From what i can tell, they are very well constructed and the flanges are thick, like Kc has mention earlier. They pretty light as well.

The price is cheaper then I've bought them for. (Do you accept price adjustments :veryhappy:)

Sorry, you know i cant do that. However, since you are one of the first people to ordersthe headers anyhow, and had to wait for them since they werent in stock, i will be offering you a discount on the other parts (y-pipe and exhaust) if you would ever be interested in them.