Daily driver SC400 in the 12's

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kc95sc400

Hey guys,

I know I don't post over here nearly as much as I should but I thought I'd share this.

I ran the 1/8 mile last night and had a best run of 8.285 @ 85.885 mph on street tires. Based on some 1/4 mile runs I've made recently, this time should equal at least a flat 12.8 quarter!

Quick list of mods...

95 SC400
Un-opened motor
The Fish with a Vortech V-9 2.25 inch pulley about 9-10 psi
FMIC
Colder than stock plugs
Bypass valve vented to atmosphere
315 Supra injectors
Supra turbo wheels 275/40/17 rear and 245/45/17 front
Supra struts with swift lowering springs
2.5 inch exhaust with 3 Magnaflow mufflers
Stock gears with Supra Torsen center
EKT headers
Transmission accumulators shimmed
Transmission line pressure increased
Dragon convertor 2800 rpm
Coolant bypass, IAC and throttle body
170 degree thermostat + redline water wetter
EGR deleted
MaftPro piggyback running MAP, MAF sensor long gone
Spare tire replaced with fix a flat

Current plans - going to put in a newer transmission. Hopefully this will fix a little problem I have bouncing off the rev limiter on the 1-2 shift.

KC

Thanks Lex, wouldn't have been possible without the fish. And again, sorry I don't post over here more often.

Now just imagine what I could do with slicks and a proper 1-2 shift!

KC

KC, what was your 60ft time? Can't really make out the numbers and it doesnt list 60fts specifically.

Great reaction time!

Solid performance.

Sorry, I know its a horrible scan.

60ft is 1.793 and 330 is 5.403.

It's interesting, before the headers, I had about 3 60ft times in 50+ runs under 2 seconds. After the headers, about 50% of my 60ft times were under 2 seconds. After the rest of the exhaust, I am always under 2 seconds and quite a few in the 1.8's. Than run is the only run in which I am under a 1.8.

I can launch much harder now and my runs are more repeatable. Being able to launch harder is probably proof that I've lost some low end, but I honestly do not miss it at all.

On a side note, I think I need to look into enlarging the supercharger intake pipe now that I have free flowing exhaust. I have 3 inch pipe on a 3.5 inch inlet.

KC

KC,

What do you think of a 5.2L with a Procharger P1SC? I think 15 psi is what I am aiming for now. I have other plans for another car that I am trying to get after I sale few of my other items.

KC,

What do you think of a 5.2L with a Procharger P1SC? I think 15 psi is what I am aiming for now. I have other plans for another car that I am trying to get after I sale few of my other items.

Sounds awesome but, if you're trying to sell it to me you better take payments. LOL.

Vander said:
How do you increase the pressure in the transmission line?

Tighten the throttle valve cable and / or turn the adjuster on the main pressure regulator on the valve body itself.

I'll be taking some pics of shimming the accumulators and adjusting the regulator in the next week or two.

KC

Hey mate, after testing mine today with a bigger intake, you should definitely see a fair bit more with a 3.5" feed pipe. I've already discovered that small air intake restrictions hurt. THough careful you don't overboost with a big intake!

Speaking of which, how old is your motor and is that still on stock head gaskets?

Top stuff by the way, you could probably build your SC (over here) for less than a slightly modded 6TT one, yet a V8 is so much cooler!

Hey mate, after testing mine today with a bigger intake, you should definitely see a fair bit more with a 3.5" feed pipe. I've already discovered that small air intake restrictions hurt. THough careful you don't overboost with a big intake!

Speaking of which, how old is your motor and is that still on stock head gaskets?

Top stuff by the way, you could probably build your SC (over here) for less than a slightly modded 6TT one, yet a V8 is so much cooler!

I will at some point find a way to test the intake. If not before on a track run, when I get a chance to get back on the dyno.

Just over 142,000 miles. Stock head gaskets. I have not opened the motor at all and as far as I can tell, no one has been in it before I got the car.

KC

BTW, not sure if I posted this over here... I had run a 13.006 1/4 at Rockingham a couple of weeks back. My 1/8 time on that run was 8.428. This is one of the reasons why I figure an 8.285 1/8 should get me a high 12.7 to a flat 12.8.

The difference between that 1/4 run and the run at the 1/8 track, I was manually shifting somewhat. Much less time spent bouncing on the rev limiter before shifting to second.

KC

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 7
  • supercharge 002.jpg
    supercharge 002.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 3
Thanks guys.

Scott, I'd really love to but I'm being a wuss (and broke). I'm really concerned that the no doubt HUGE power increase I would get from the cams would require way to much upgrading of everything else. Head gaskets, level 10 tranny, bigger injectors, ect...

Any guess on a gain from the cams?

According to the 1/4 - hp calculators, I'm pushing about 360rw and 450 crank. Much more and I'll need to upgrade more than I can afford to.

My two biggest goals for now are to swap the tranny and hopefully fix that problem and expirement with my intake setup. The intake could possibly be worth a fair amount of ponies by itself. It was fine for the crappy exhaust I had but might be a restriction now that the exhaust is wide open.

KC

Scott, I'd really love to but I'm being a wuss (and broke). I'm really concerned that the no doubt HUGE power increase I would get from the cams would require way to much upgrading of everything else. Head gaskets, level 10 tranny, bigger injectors, ect...

Any guess on a gain from the cams?

KC

Well as far as power gains I dont know what others would guess but I would take a stab that they should be good for 30hp+. I base this totally on John Cribbs motor. I think his first round had stock cams and then the second time he used stage I cams. I know his HP went from 400-500 but I dont think that was all cams but the cams surley played a role in the increase. John, please correct me if I'm wrong. I would guess 30 is minimum and it could be more. The cams i am selling are stage II so that could change the result as well.

I have a nice large tranny cooler I will throw in on the deal, it is brand new made by thermal dynamics.

I do understand about money, my car is parked on my wallet currently.:surprised:

Well as far as power gains I dont know what others would guess but I would take a stab that they should be good for 30hp+. I base this totally on John Cribbs motor. I think his first round had stock cams and then the second time he used stage I cams. I know his HP went from 400-500 but I dont think that was all cams but the cams surley played a role in the increase. John, please correct me if I'm wrong. I would guess 30 is minimum and it could be more. The cams i am selling are stage II so that could change the result as well.

Scott you're correct about the sequence of things; the early dyno runs were on stock cams, and the session we just finished was with Lextreme Stage 1 cams. I wish I had a better "before" baseline to offer, but there were so many things we changed in that motor from the first runs to the session we just finished that incremental gains from the cams just got buried in the overall picture. If anyone has a "desktop dyno" program, these cams probably could be modeled to see what sort of gains should be possible with them.

30 or so rwhp wouldn't be too big of a deal I think. But, I tend to think that the gains would be exagerated with boost.

cribbj, is your motor boosted?

I also have to wonder about the daily driveability with the stage II cams. Are we talking no engine vaccum and lopey idle?

Scott, I simply cannot afford them right now. If you still have them at tax refund time, I might take them off your hands. Do have a question though, are you including the springs, buckets and shims along with them?

My main priority at the moment is to actually use the full potential of the power I currently have. Hopefully this trans I'm getting will fix my rev bounce problem, if not I will need to look into a shift kit I guess. The rev limit problem is really bad, at Rockingham a few weeks back (1/4 mile track) I could actually feel the car slow down before shifting to second. I am also beginning to think that there definately is a problem in the trans, wether it be one of the solenoids or something more major, I have noticed that the 1-2 shift is much slower than any other shift under all driving conditions. 2-3 shifts quick, 3-4 shifts quick and the convertor lockup almost feels like a 5th gear. But, the 1-2 is slow and soft even with over a 1/2 inch of shim.

I am going out of town for a few days, the trans will be waiting for me at work by the time I get back. Plan on modding it and putting it in late next week. If it fixes my problem, it will likely be another week or two before I get to a 1/4 track.

I'll keep udating though, you can count on that.

KC

cribbj, is your motor boosted?
KC

I have an Opcon Autorotor twinscrew supercharger on a built 1UZ motor. It made 498.3 at the flywheel recently on an engine dyno at around 17-18 psi of boost.

Here's the dyno curve:

attachment.php

Sounds like a beast in the making cribbj. What are you putting it in and what gearbox are you planning to use. Post a link.

I hope to have some better times in the near future and I'm hoping to get back on the dyno soon. Hopefully I'll have some updates soon.

KC