Daily driver SC400 in the 12's

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Congrats KC,

For those of us in the northern hemisphere, as the winter approaches and temperatures drop, our turbo'd & SC'd cars are loving the denser air, and it shows at the rear wheels.

Yes, it was about 15 degrees cooler than when it was at Rockingham. But I think the lower 60fts had the most to do with the lower time.

Nemesis- said:
lol does that influence it at all that much weight?

My 4Runner has a spare tyre and wheel carrier that weigh 60kg on their own :pat:

They say for every 100lbs removed, a tenth in the quarter will be gained. Also good for gas mileage.

I'd say between the gas, laptop and subwoofer I was maybe 40-50lbs lighter than the last time I ran.

Lextreme said:
Not sure why you can not upload. Perhaps the file it too large? Please email and I will upload it for you. [email protected]

12.39 is very fast. Most high performance cars are in mid 12s.

I'm not sure either, been a problem for a few weeks now. I sent you an email.

I'm still a little shocked by the time myself. I know a good 60ft would do wonders but I didn't think it'd be that much.

KC

lKc

Before you swapped over to MAP, did you develop a leak in the top of your MAF? just started re-checking all my vacuum lines and noticed a slice in the rubber holding my MAF together... I took it out and blew in the crack and air whistled out the bottom of the sensor!

-Plan still is to get MAP over x-mas but need a band aid fix so I just slathered a thick coat of RTV grey and if it seeps between that I think I might just mix up 2 entire tubes of JB weld and MAKE my own air tight lid, any objections?

lKc

Before you swapped over to MAP, did you develop a leak in the top of your MAF? just started re-checking all my vacuum lines and noticed a slice in the rubber holding my MAF together... I took it out and blew in the crack and air whistled out the bottom of the sensor!

-Plan still is to get MAP over x-mas but need a band aid fix so I just slathered a thick coat of RTV grey and if it seeps between that I think I might just mix up 2 entire tubes of JB weld and MAKE my own air tight lid, any objections?

Yes, mine leaked, two of them actually. The KV MAF's don't do very well with boost.

If it's leaking out the top it's also leaking internally and IMO is useless. I had posted pics over here somewhere but I can't seem to find them. Go over to this link.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...c400-into-a-lake-and-leave-it-for-dead-3.html

KC

Hey guys. Finally have some new vids!

Keep in mind I haven't been able to make any since before the 2.5 inch exhaust. Sounds SWEET IMO.

Burnout - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIpPY...eature=channel

20mph downshift to 1st equals spin - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-JUQ...eature=channel

Some launches with spin - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmH85...eature=channel

Cruising back home from the Rock, which was closed sad.gif - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzVbC...eature=channel

All attempts to get on a track this weekend failed. Might go to the 1/8 Thursday night with the camera.

KC

lKc

I plastic welded the lid shut with a soldering iron on mine, lasted a few months. It seems to have totally died the other night though, dunno how, worked fine when I got home, the next day my engine wont even build revs with it plugged in...

I agree that the MAF is the root of our phantom problem. I have an ignition miss on top of that, been hectic and haven't had any good hands on time until this week. I think I might sspring for the maf controller and start getting educated on it's hook-up.

As for air leaks I have a couple. I found that the stock band clamps easily create leaks and swapped all of them (anything tied to vac/.boost) to screw type clamps and made improvements.

Nemesis-is your engine running fine at idle/off idle and fine at WOT but sketchy from light-medium throttle? Mine seems almost like an "on and off" state.

I just drove back from Colorado to California and the 5,000ft change made HUGE changes. The boost levels aren't any different but 7psi down at sea level is a whole different animal. With adequate traction I feel confident my 0-60mph has got to be in the low 5 second mark, possibly crack 4 sec mark. It's just frustrating that it can run so well down here but total opposite up high.

I plan on contacting MAFpro tomorrow for some verbal OK's before I plunk down my $ but I need to get this ball rolling. I don't want the problems I am seeing anymore, this kind of power is too fun to neglect!

That's a bit weird and consistent hp is the strength of using a turbine similar to turbocharging?... altitude has little to no impact on the performance of a turbo as pressure ratio means MAP is maintained ie boost is boost given equal inlet temps. Was it hotter?

I just found it weird how my car is MUCH easier to drive, less effort needed to bring her up to speed. WOT is about the same but it feels like I had my car tuned down here and drove it up there. I know the air is thinner, my best friend in CO has a 2008 evo X and with an ecu reflash and when we are pulling against each other we both belch black "rich" smoke out our tails. Looks like 2 cummins turbo diesels lol. I am pretty sure my MAF is FUBAR and the air change is messing with it.

KC,
How much did you pay for the MAF Ecu? Are you running MAF #1 or #2? Could you tell me where you bought it from? I just spoke to a tuner and he said he recommended the MAF for the SC400.

Went to Darlington dragway in South Carolina last night. Conditions less than perfect, about 65 degrees and humid as heck. I could actually feel the moistrue in the air so I'm pretty sure the track was damp.

Anyway, best run -

RT - .121
60 - 1.872
330 - 5.386
1/8 - 8.208 @ 87.26
1000 - not listed for some reason
1/4 - 12.685 @ 110.67

This is awesome considering the conditions. If I could have only cut that magical 1.8 60.......... I had nothing but trouble hooking. I only had one other 60ft time under 2 seconds.

KC

Edit - I have some in car video I will be uploading soon.

Nice work....

More to come soon, very close to purchasing a set of Hoosier et quick time's.

Should I be worried about anything breaking?

KC

Attachments

• L1010625.jpg
    L1010625.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 24
  • L1010657.jpg
    L1010657.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 143
  • L1010680.jpg
    L1010680.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 35
  • L1010699.jpg