Daily driver SC400 in the 12's

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
KC, it'll be going in my '97 6spd Supra eventually (once I get tired of playing with it on the engine dyno)

The link to this project is in my signature, ie Supercharged Supra.

Great numbers for your daily. What was that honda rocking? If you don't mind, may I ask how hard it was to shim the actuators? Will this increase shift response? I have a transmission class next semester and plan to bring a 2nd a341e to rebuild and wanted to now what the obvious improvements are. Mine is un-opened at 200,000 w/ 3000rpm stall so more power will have to wait. I tightened my T-cable after my centri install and it made the shifts much quicker.

WOW...

350 RWHP and 300 RWTQ.... amazing..... and only 8.5 psi. That is some good tuning my man.... awesome job... Those are great numbers for centrifugal charger. Very proud to see those numbers.

Thanks for the compliments guys, and thanks Lex for posting the graph!

I do want to note on the graph though, the lower line is before the headers, exhaust and smaller pulley. The upper line is the new numbers. So about 33rwhp and 24rwtq from the mods.

I love the tq curve myself.

spf - This is the best writeup I've found for the trans mods. http://www.lexusclub.co.uk/lsocautoboxmod.pdf The guts of my transmission look a little different but the idea is the same. The regulator adjustment also looks a bit different but the important part is to make sure when you turn it, the regulator valve is pushed into the valve body further.

As far as that Honda, I don't have the time slips in front of me but if I remember correctly, he was almost 3.5 seconds behind me.

KC

Attachments

• P1020735.jpg
    P1020735.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 6
  • P1020737.jpg
    P1020737.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 4
From the stand point of PSI and HP. It is damn good. I remember my twin turbo produced 325 rwhp at 8-9 psi. However, centrifugal supercharger has heavier tax bracket, but 350 rwhp at 8.5 psi is absolutely awesome...

From the stand point of PSI and HP. It is damn good. I remember my twin turbo produced 325 rwhp at 8-9 psi. However, centrifugal supercharger has heavier tax bracket, but 350 rwhp at 8.5 psi is absolutely awesome...

Not too shabby for sure. The funny thing, the V-9 I have is almost the smallest blower Vortech makes. I've seen lower numbers with bigger Vortech's with more boost. I must be doing something right.

Some numbers I've been looking at..... If you assume 80% drivetrain loss on the 356 uncorrected pull - 445 crank hp. That is 111.25 hp per liter. 1.8 hp per cubic inch.

I suppose the biggest thing holding back power now is the cams, then maybe the intake. If only I had the money. LOL.

KC

Any engine putting out 100+ RWHP per Liter deserve props, thats good efficiency. Your V9 is interesting, I have a neighbor with a vortech'ed S2000 and I caught a very quick glimpse of it and it's of similar size. How early does yours build boost? I'm guessing it has a "small turbo" effect, quickening spool?

Any engine putting out 100+ RWHP per Liter deserve props, thats good efficiency. Your V9 is interesting, I have a neighbor with a vortech'ed S2000 and I caught a very quick glimpse of it and it's of similar size. How early does yours build boost? I'm guessing it has a "small turbo" effect, quickening spool?

Boost builds pretty quick. Without an intercooler, its instant with anything over 1/4 throttle. With the intercooler, it's the same just takes a little more throttle.

Man, that S2000 must be a fun ride!

KC

KC..... Enjoy your car and up the boost in the future..... Get up to 400 rwhp will be very very nice.

Any suggestions on how to add 50 rwhp? I'd love to but I'm broke. Damn economy!

I'm really about maxed out on boost. I could gain 1-2 psi by ditching the intercooler and using water / meth injection. Or using a smaller air to air or a good air to water unit.

KC

If your decent at welding aluminum a straight runner lower plenum will open a lot of hp. It would in effect feel like another 2psi gain, just need to buy the aluminum stock, 1/2'' thick by whatever dimensions and run on jig. Thats all the hard work. I have siilar problem w/ schoo + no money and a decent garage + mig welder. Plan on killing a few weekends making mine :)

If your decent at welding aluminum a straight runner lower plenum will open a lot of hp. It would in effect feel like another 2psi gain, just need to buy the aluminum stock, 1/2'' thick by whatever dimensions and run on jig. Thats all the hard work. I have siilar problem w/ schoo + no money and a decent garage + mig welder. Plan on killing a few weekends making mine :)

Me = no welding skills. Have you seen my exhaust? Functional but ugly.

I have been thinking allot about the short runner idea. I had been following the thread on it. It's a shame he's not making more. I'm sure there are a few people around that could fab one up. I am thinking about contacting Rush to see if they could make one for a descent price.

KC

Attachments

• CL.jpg
    CL.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 2
  • TH400-SC470 005.jpg
    TH400-SC470 005.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 42
So.....some awesome news! I'm still in shock.

I ran the 1/8 today. I removed my subwoofer and left the laptop at home. Still a little heavy on gas but not nearly as bad as I was on my last trip to the track.

I go hoping to get my 60fts in the low 1.8's...hoping to run some 8.1's. Well, most of my runs had low 1.9's. I was running very consistent 8.2's.

Then, something amazing happened. With a 1.788 60ft I ran a freakin 8.038! A few runs later with a slightly higher 60 I ran an 8.017.

Being on the safe side, that 8.017 should equal a 12.39! Likely a few hundreths faster!

I have a slip scan but I can't upload it! What's going on Mr Lextreme?

KC

Congrats KC,

For those of us in the northern hemisphere, as the winter approaches and temperatures drop, our turbo'd & SC'd cars are loving the denser air, and it shows at the rear wheels.

KC,

Not sure why you can not upload. Perhaps the file it too large? Please email and I will upload it for you. [email protected]

12.39 is very fast. Most high performance cars are in mid 12s.

Attachments

• coated-header 008.jpg
    coated-header 008.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 274
  • coated-header 012.jpg
    coated-header 012.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 274
  • coated-header 011.jpg
    coated-header 011.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 275