340i dyno vids

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
97.5 Octane is much more potent then the normal 91 octane supreme that most run....That would increase the dyno numbers some right there... Still 260rwhp is very remarkable...

RMS what octane fuel did you use on your 308BHP dyno?

100 Octane Avgas.

For NZ tuners to claim 240/260rwhp means only one thing - they are in a bhp race - marketing hype. "I can do a better job and show you more rwhp".

got to go --- have to give the pink elephant and the fairy's their breakfast.

Higher Octane does not necessarily equal Higher Power. Unless you're running higher compression or running boost having a higher octane fuel in your car than your car needs can actually hurt power.

Flame on.

just to make sure, everyone is familiar with a hub type dyno right? it is when the rear wheels are unbolted and the dyno is connected directly to the rear hubs.
after thinking about it a bit, i reckon that on a rolling road dyno with my 17x8 rims and tyres, it would probably be more like 240rwhp, which i am still quite happy with. (does this seem a reasonable output?). also, the tuner was aware it is a road car, and has tuned the car as such. there was no instruction to get the max power out of it, just to tune it so it can be driven.

regarding itb's, i dont think you'd get your moneys worth without cams to match. with a 50mm intake per cylinder, you'd be wanting to be make massive power up round 8-9000rpm, which the factory cams just werent made for. it could actually be worse for power (than say 40mm itb's)???

Aaron D,
higher octane fuel will only make more power when the car is tuned for it (or as you say, if you run more boost), but iv never heard of a car having less power with a higher octane fuel.

Higher Octane does not necessarily equal Higher Power. Unless you're running higher compression or running boost having a higher octane fuel in your car than your car needs can actually hurt power.

Flame on.

But if you have tuned your car with an aftermarket ecu you can take advantage of the higher octane, and gain extra power, you will not hurt power.

100 Octane Avgas.

For NZ tuners to claim 240/260rwhp means only one thing - they are in a bhp race - marketing hype. "I can do a better job and show you more rwhp".

got to go --- have to give the pink elephant and the fairy's their breakfast.

But the funny thing is they DONT claim that for every 1uz engine, he said that alot of them only make around 200hp atw. so they are not in a hp race it might seem.

Bet he won't give what correction factors he uses either !!

Probably corrected to 0 deg F,:tapedshut:

Stock early 1UZ with 50mm ITB's, dry sump, 1 7/8 headers, 55 amp alternator only and Motec M800 ECU, corrected to 25 deg C and 29.92" barometer gave 308 BHP @ 6500 and 270 lb/ft at 5000 on engine dyno !!

Change the correction to 0 deg C and you would get around 340 BHP !!!!!

Ill find out the correction factors when im back from alice springs :006: this week

But if you have tuned your car with an aftermarket ecu you can take advantage of the higher octane, and gain extra power, you will not hurt power.

I assume you mean advancing the timing if there is room for it, then yes, but the gain will be minimal in these lower power numbers (300 or less). When I say you could hurt power that's also assuming no tune was done. In that case the higer octane fuel doesn't burn as well, again, a minimal differance in lower power levels.

It's just the way it was phrased in earlier replys made it sound like it was a matter of fact that if I just filled up my '83 honda with 100oct it was going to give me 20more hp. There's definately more power to be had with higer Octane levels, just have to have the equipment to go with it.

So if one motor is tuned for 91 octane fuel and then that same motor is later tuned for 98 octane what kind of increase in power is one to expect? Hope that question makes sense....I am trying to compare my motor which is tuned to run on 91 octane to 340's that is tuned for 98 octane....I have no clue when it comes to fuel octane gains when tuning for the two....Any wild guesses maybe?

When Tuning your motor to handle higher octane fuel the goal would be to retard the timing at higher rpm's, is that correct? Changing the fuel/air ratio mix really shouldn't matter right?

I assume you mean advancing the timing if there is room for it, then yes, but the gain will be minimal in these lower power numbers (300 or less). When I say you could hurt power that's also assuming no tune was done. In that case the higer octane fuel doesn't burn as well, again, a minimal differance in lower power levels.

It's just the way it was phrased in earlier replys made it sound like it was a matter of fact that if I just filled up my '83 honda with 100oct it was going to give me 20more hp. There's definately more power to be had with higer Octane levels, just have to have the equipment to go with it.

Haha i reckon the 100oct fuel will give the honda at least 1000hp more!

Yes i do mean advance the timing, so there must be some good gains to be had from the 1uz from this if these dyno figures are correct. And according to the tuners here there is very good gains from tuning the 1uz on higher octane gas. Remember these 1uz are getting old now and when they came out, generally speaking the fuel was not as good as it is now and toyota engineers had to tune these to run on almost any kind of fuel including crap fuel.

mine? duno, still havent driven it. it should do 12's, so yes it will be about at fast as an m3 or m5. not top speed though, those m5s haul. they are worth 15 times what iv spent on my car though... :)

Yes, the M5's and M6's motor and handle very well....Lowend the M5's are very fast aswell....The M3's are just a bit slower....I know this because I have raced a newer M5 once. I also raced two of newer M3 BMW's....

There seems to be alot of the BMW M series models driving around my part of town... Alot of AMG Merc's too...