Soarer dyno figures

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gloverman

Here is a dyno sheet with the before and after figures from dyno tuning. Engine is a 366000km stock item with rush headers , manual R154 box fitted. Supra brakes all round and raceseats in the cabin. The seats don't move forward enough for me to reach the pedals easily. Lucky the owner has longer legs than me. I flicked out the stock ECU and fitted a Vipec i44. I also stripped out the AFM to find it netted 3rwkw by doing so. They are definately a restriction so I'm glad I got rid of the internals. Gains from 145rwkw / 300nm to 179rwkw/350nm is a massive improvement. Traction control is all still operational and a/c is controlled by the new ECU too. Vehicle now also has OBD2 which enables customer to monitor live data via Bluetooth devices.

Attachments

• 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 22
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 35
Looks the business.
Nice power and torque curves. Seems right on the money for power too.
I bet it must be strong just off idle, delete that dead feeling until 2800 in the factory tune. Be interested in seeing a graph with the AFR's.

The AFR's are at the bottom but they can't be seen. The Stock ECU was Lean on the light throttle areas and mid range then dropped down in the low 10s and early 9s under full throttle. I ended up between 12 and 13 with the aftermarket ECU. This one with the rush headers needed more timing than usual. Due to other work being done the time allowed for the tuning was reduced but still a really good result overall and tuned it from a bit of a slug into something really fun.

Here is a dyno sheet with the before and after figures from dyno tuning. Engine is a 366000km stock item with rush headers , manual R154 box fitted. Supra brakes all round and raceseats in the cabin. The seats don't move forward enough for me to reach the pedals easily. Lucky the owner has longer legs than me. I flicked out the stock ECU and fitted a Vipec i44. I also stripped out the AFM to find it netted 3rwkw by doing so. They are definately a restriction so I'm glad I got rid of the internals. Gains from 145rwkw / 300nm to 179rwkw/350nm is a massive improvement. Traction control is all still operational and a/c is controlled by the new ECU too. Vehicle now also has OBD2 which enables customer to monitor live data via Bluetooth devices.

Kelvin, nice gains!

I'm particularly interested in this statement "Vehicle now also has OBD2".

How did you manage that?

Many hotrodders don't want to go to a standalone ECU because they then can't pass an OBDII scan check at a state inspection station to get their annual emissions sticker.

9's and 10's is well rich, and seems fairly typical of a stock tune once at operating temp. Really explains alot when these stock tuned 1uz's fall on their face at WOT.

Kelvin, do you feel top end power is gained largely through fuel trim ? are you addng any more advance up top under load ?

Removing mixture and adding timing are both included in the new setup. This has Rush headers which like more timing than most. Also the progression through the mixture range is improved.

Those figures look good for a stockie. What timing figures are you using to get the torque curve like that

I start with my own base set of timing figures then tune to suit the engine. This one has a idle timing map of 17. Once the throttle opens it ramps up to 32 at light cruise and begins dropping at the vaccuum drops. It didn't want want too much (19-22) at full throttle until around 4500 rpm where it was stretched out to 28 degrees.

For the OBD2 I wired it up to a plug.

The newer models Link and Vipec have OBD2 in them which is designed to give enough information to pass emission testing requirements. It's just a matter of wiring up the can channels to a 16 pin plug. So far there has been enough information to get some through the testing. Vipec the OBD2 is enabled when purchased and with the Link it is a upgrade which can be enabled anytime at an additional cost.

This should help some of the hotrodders out where these tests are required.

Hope that helps John.

For the OBD2 I wired it up to a plug.

The newer models Link and Vipec have OBD2 in them which is designed to give enough information to pass emission testing requirements. It's just a matter of wiring up the can channels to a 16 pin plug. So far there has been enough information to get some through the testing. Vipec the OBD2 is enabled when purchased and with the Link it is a upgrade which can be enabled anytime at an additional cost.

This should help some of the hotrodders out where these tests are required.

Hope that helps John.

VERY interesting & helpful; thanks Kelvin!

Do you know if the OBD2 information is customisable? In other words, does it have any user accessible fields where you can enter vehicle information, and store in in nonvolatile memory?

There is presently a list of live data which has been enough to get through emission testing and the guys at Link are working on more from time to time. I asked if they could add oil pressure to the list as I sell the concept as being able to connect to smartphones to monitor the engine. Water temp is already present and I wire up a suitable pressure sender for oil on many engines.

It is very strange connecting to an aftermarket ECU with scan tools. Even allows clearing of codes.

It does allow the user to enter chassis number. What other vehicle information do you want to input?

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 4
Kelvin, I'll get a list of points from one of the local inspection stations.

Here in TX they only sniff the older non-OBD2 cars. For the newer ones, if there's no CEL lit, and no MIL, and it passes an OBD2 scan, that's it. I just need to figure out what they consider an "OBD2 scan".

I would imagine they would consider an "OBD2 Scan" as one that the vehicle was originally equipped with rather than a custom install. Looking at it from their point of view, they may think that if you have the knowledge to implement such a system then you may have an equivalent knowledge of how to alter the system to your advantage for scans. Just a thought though.

This is the adaptor for this install part way through it's development.

The OBD2 on the link ECU was developed to overcome the issues with testing where OBD2 scans were required for compliance checks. Others in the states have used these scans to get through but I suspect there may be differences from state to state. We don't require OBD2 checks here but still have other tests which differ from tester to tester.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 8