340i dyno vids

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
WOW! That's awesome! I'm new here and haven't seen any developing story about your car there. Do you have a thread or a webpage?

http://www.bmwe21.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1230&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

there is an old thread somewhere here, search 340i pics and itll pop up.
final numbers are 193.2kw at 5052rpm (at the rear hubs) and 1681NM at 3995rpm at rear hubs (divide by diff ratio of 4.3 to get engine torque??). it runs 98 octane pump petrol. weight should be round 1200kg im guessing. its still a few months off getting road legal, so i still havnt driven it.

Thanks fellas..... Those are super good dyno numbers for that motor.......I Didn't know they could dyno that high....260rwhp on a N/A 1uz-fe, wow.. The best mine did is like 215whp without the juice.. How is this possible? 340 - do you have cams, side exhaust or a hidden exhaust turbo that we can't see? That little beemer should motor very well.....

expensive dyno tuner, prayer, side exhaust, and very little intake restriction (no maf, no traction butterfly, no intake tube). it is an internally stock motor.

Outstanding!!!!! How were you able to dump the MAF and butterfly? You probaby went with a Stand Alone ECU, and MAP right?.. Also, which god did you pray too? I need to follow in your footsteps..

I would have thought you would need cams and maybe even an eight throttle body intake design to make that kind of power on a non VVt-i 4.0 liter 1uz..motor... However when you think about it, I guess with virtually "no intake" and "no exhaust" the motor really flows effortlessly...

What year 1uz-fe motor is that?

thanks guys. its running a regular Link computer (as opposed to the better Linkplus), MAP sensor, and although the exhaust is pretty free flow, it isnt overly loud under most conditions. (twin 2.5" with a resonator in each side behind the gearbox, into 3" 90 degree bend, out a 3" straight through stainless muffler. all mandrel bends and still using the factory manifolds, only slightly modified to clear the steering). the throttlebody mod isnt too difficult, just took a bit of time with a hacksaw and file, then i just made a plate up to hold the cable. and i deleted the water passages while i was at it. that mod was more for cleanliness than power, but i suppose it helped a bit. regarding the power, i think it would have been slightly less on a regular rolling road dyno, considering some power would be used in turning the mass of the wheels.
also, i replaced the plug leads with new ones before the dyno.

i dont know exactly what year the motor is, possibly around a 91 motor. i really dont know why the numbers are as good as they are. the plugs were new too, but thats no big deal. ill try get the dyno sheet scanned and posted. the hub dynos are meant to be incredibly accurate, so i dont think it would be exagerating the numbers at all. is anyone here getting near what i have, or is my engine a bit special or something? i spoke to a guy the other day who was claiming to be getting 200rwkw out of his reasonably standard engine too.
the only other thing i can think of is that i have no aircon or powersteer pump, so the motor is just running the alternator (with a small 4pk800 belt). i would have thought this would give me maybe 5kw extra at the most though.

There is a few 1uz powered conversions here in chch that get 240/260 hp at the wheels. its not uncommon at all acording to the tuners from nzefi, although they are normally the later high comp 1uz engines 95+

Yeah based on your engine pics I would venture to guess your engine is a early model 1uz-fe motor as well...New, those motors dyno at 186whp...That's new with all the stock exhaust and intake for an brand new sc400...Taken into the account the motor is 15 years old it should not produce that 186whp maybe 170whp or so... So now, Remove the exhaust, remove the intake, ECU tuning, and maybe I could see you dyno'ing at around 230-240whp but still dought it...Why you may ask? One I never saw one dyno that high with stock internals and without the independant tb's, secondly, I have good exhaust mods on my 92 1uzfe, MAF intake, ECU, new electrical, etc...and basically a perfectly tuned motor and the best I could dyno at is 215whp which is pretty damn good from all my comparisons from over the years... If I removed the exhaust completely, went MAP like you and installed high performance cams I might then reach the 260whp.... Maybe you do have something special going on their with your motor.... 260whp on a stock internal 1uz-fe is amazing.. What is the crank pulley running? AC compressor, power steering, cooling fans, etc...If you are just running the Alternator off the crank then that will free some ponies for sure..

As i said ^ there are quite a few 1uz powered cars in christchurch that i know have made 240 to 260hp max at the wheels with standard internals on dynos. I JUST got off the phone with nzefi who where confirming that

Early model 1uz-fe's? I haven't seen any drifty, but I am not saying it is impossible, that is why I am so curious......I've been on the forums for years and never seen anything close to that.... I have seen a bare 1uz-fe once dyno at 300whp but that had no exhaust, eight throttle body intake, and cams, and was only powering an alternator...... Come to think of it I have never seen an SC400 equiped with early model 1uz-fe and stock internals ever dyno over 220whp with all the external mods....

I know i was very curious myself so i rang a few tuning experts here in NZ and they confirmed some of the best dynos on a standard 1uz are around 240hp to 260hp. But as i said it was mostly always the 95+ 1uz making those numbers, so it is very interesting a early pre 95 makes such high figures.