1979 bmw 340i engine bay photos

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
340i said:
the peak power reached was 180.9kw at the wheels at 5189rpm, and 1548.2Nm torque at 4137rpm. (sorry americans i dont know what that is in ft/lb).

242rwhp
1147rwtq

Now, for all crying impossible on the torque... remember, this is RW torque and torque can be multiplied. My guess-timate is that the dyno pull was done in 3rd gear (not 1-1 ratio) and approximately 3.5 final differential gears for a corrected (al-la American standard dynojet charts) back to engine RPM torque of give or take 250.

hi
yeah i didn't think when copying the figures off the dyno printout. i think it was done in top gear, with diff ratio of 4.2:1, giving 360ish Nm at the engine (after losses?).
whatever the result, its probably over twice what i had, so no complaints here.

340i said:
hi
yeah i didn't think when copying the figures off the dyno printout. i think it was done in top gear, with diff ratio of 4.2:1, giving 360ish Nm at the engine (after losses?).
whatever the result, its probably over twice what i had, so no complaints here.

The "approximate" conversion figures for kW to HP and Nm to TQ are 1.34 and 1.35 respectively. Multiply kW for HP (or divide HP for kW) and Divide Nm for TQ (or vice versa).

1147rwtq / 4.2 (diff ratio) gives a very impressive 273rwtq.

well iv got the engine and gearbox out again to fix the hydrualic clutch release bearing which blew up after one hours use on the dyno. it seems it has possibly overtravelled or done something to break one of the o-ring seals on the inside of it. i will be investigating this soon and may have to buy a smaller master cylinder or change the spacing on the placement of it, so that it doesn't do this again next time it runs.
if anyone has experience with these and has any ideas, im all ears.
i have also polished and modified the water bridges for increased bling.
i am considering relocating the fuel pressure regulator to be out of site and also have twin feed and return lines going to the ends of the fuel lines. i think that all i need is some banjo fittings and y-blocks to make it all work. will this setup work ok or should i just leave it as is?
thanks

hi
i had the hydraulic release bearing locater piece modified so that it cannot overtravel and break the seal again. havnt had much time to work on the car, but am mid way through re-doing the engine bay, and am doing a false firewall to get the smooth look to the engine bay. i hope to get the engine back and the tune finished by the end to the year.
updates will be posted on this site from now;
http://www.bmwe21.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1230&highlight=

Hi just looking at your conversion and its dam impressive, i hope mine will
be half as nice as yours. Ive just posted a new thread up and was hoping yous fellas could help me out please :happysad:

cheers