Toyota 1UZ carbureted VVTi DYNO RUN

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

Not sure if this has been posted before.
Found on Youtube.

Locked reground cams. Alternator, dry sump and of course water pump.
Claimed 450+hp with maybe 8500rpm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ol6E_DSdBc&feature=related

I would like to see what a factory 1uzfe VVTi is capable of on stock intake and FI with properly modded internals, cams, head and intake porting and exhaust.

400hp at 8000rpm takes 262tq which is well within stock capability of 310 peak.

Not sure if this has been posted before.
Found on Youtube.

Locked reground cams. Alternator, dry sump and of course water pump.
Claimed 450+hp with maybe 8500rpm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ol6E_DSdBc&feature=related

I would like to see what a factory 1uzfe VVTi is capable of on stock intake and FI with properly modded internals, cams, head and intake porting and exhaust.

400hp at 8000rpm takes 262tq which is well within stock capability of 310 peak.

You might see sooner than you think as that's what I have sitting there to go in....close anyways. Only stock cams and a tidy up of heads rather than porting....they don't need porting really, especially for FI.

I reckon it'll do at least 50rwkw more than the current engine on the same boost.

Any details on where and or how they locked the cams?

There is a off road race truck over here with a VVti turbo charged engine fitted. Its got some big grumpy cams with the VVti locked out which is disappointing. Its been on the dyno for a bit then came off for a bit more work. Im looking forward to seeing how it comes out. I do prefer using the VVti as all the models of engine I have tuned with VVt or VVti come out so much nicer than lock position cam engines.

We did an altezza ages ago. Pretty much the same system as 1uz. Threw the VVti cam gears away , fitted normal gears and machined a unit to replace the solenoid. Wouldnt do it again. Built another one with the VVti , smaller cams and smaller turbo, got heaps smoother power , more bottom end and same top end.

You might see sooner than you think as that's what I have sitting there to go in....close anyways. Only stock cams and a tidy up of heads rather than porting....they don't need porting really, especially for FI.

I reckon it'll do at least 50rwkw more than the current engine on the same boost.

Any details on where and or how they locked the cams?

Very cool Justen. Actually, I should have typed EFI not just FI as I meant stock with fuel injection rather than carbed. Seems that carbed engines often make more peak power though... theory seems to be the fuel getting emulsified vs. sprayed...

Now, once peak is established on atmosphere... time to add more "pressure" :cool:

I always keep in mind that member RMS got 308hp @ 6500rpm and 270hp @ 5000rpm on a pure stock longblock early gen (1990-1994) (Tokyo taxicab?), stock ports, cams, valves... with his ITB and racing exhaust. HOW much MORE is the VVTi heads and cam worth over a 1st gen? How much can the VVTi intake support stock or ported? These have got to be nearly 400hp (maybe more?) with minor porting and rods, pistons, rings and oiling that will support 8000rpm.

Yup easy. A mate's VVTi engine with Autonic ECU and fabricated headers ran 280rwhp thru a manual box. That's at least 50rwhp up on anything equiv i have seen from a non VVTi.

Yup easy. A mate's VVTi engine with Autonic ECU and fabricated headers ran 280rwhp thru a manual box. That's at least 50rwhp up on anything equiv i have seen from a non VVTi.

Dyno type and other variables aside... Rock-a-Lex over at CL reports a max of 283rwp on a GS400 with a VVTi 1UZFE, the stock 5 speed A6505 trans, headers, cold air intake, piggyback fuel controller, short tube headers and a dyno tune. Highest that I am aware of.