evo 8.. OWNED by LS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

vipcelsior

So I was cruising down the 605 coming back from a CL meet down in Fullerton. I see a white Evo8 coming down with his HID's on and the little ass high beams me. I shrug it off, but the guy is literally right on my ass. He flashed me for about a minute and I guess he got frustrated, so he pulls up next to me and flips me off, and swerves a little into my lane. Needless to say, that pissed me off. I'd guess we were going about 70mph and the guy swerves and I hear him downshift and get ready to take off. I turn the A/C off and just floor it. He pulls ahead, about half a car, for about 10 sec, and then my car shifted into 4th. I'm guessing we were at about 110 about now, and I slowly begin to pull away from him. I can't hear anything now because my exhaust was so loud, but it looked like he was still trying to catch up. I put on my hazards, and the punk high beams me again. The second time, I didnt even give him any room to breathe. I floored it and cut him off becuase he was pulling up fast and that was that. He got pissed off as we merged onto the 210. VIP style bitch lol. He was just jealous. Mitsubishi still can't compare to a Lexus, regardless of how old each is. The freeway is my domain!

ermmm.. for now, i've just installed k&n cone intake, straight pipes and y pipe, magnaflow mufflers, tokico blue struts, xenon 2" drop springs, replaced oem bushings, kaizen control arms, and cleaned out my throttle body. i'm planning on installing JIC coilovers, then having my intake manifold p&p'd, then installing the headers that a CL member has been attempting to create. lastly, i'll be installing lextremes s/c kit when i have the money.

Shouldnt this be in the street race thread, lol
I dont want to be the only one in there, especially since there wasnt another car involved.
Nice story though, Its good to see the top end of the Lexus
(Unfortunately the 8 would still beat you off the line, that is untill you get your supercharger kit, then itll be a bit closer)

Logan

hi. not to be stink to you and your lexus, coz iv got a 1uz in my bmw, but i've been in both a lexus and an evo 7 (basically the same as an evo8) and the evo was damn quick. he probably either was bouncing on the electronic speed limiter (180kph), or didn't have enough balls to race faster. evos are lighter and have more top end horsepower than a standard lexus v8, plus with 4wd. his car should be faster. so it looks like you're the better driver. it will be a killer with the sc kit..

340i said:
hi. not to be stink to you and your lexus, coz iv got a 1uz in my bmw, but i've been in both a lexus and an evo 7 (basically the same as an evo8) and the evo was damn quick. he probably either was bouncing on the electronic speed limiter (180kph), or didn't have enough balls to race faster. evos are lighter and have more top end horsepower than a standard lexus v8, plus with 4wd. his car should be faster. so it looks like you're the better driver. it will be a killer with the sc kit..

Why would the 4WD car be faster? Quicker yes, but faster? I don’t think so. Of course an AWD car is going to smoke any RWD car off the line. But an AWD car is not going to have the top end speed of a good RWD car like the LS. There will be a large load on the car at high speeds because of the AWD setup and the car is going to have a harder time accelerating at higher speeds then an LS. I raced a WRX from a stand still and ya, he raped me off the line but a little after the 1/4 mark, I flew by him as he struggled to push the car faster. Im not saying a WRX comes anywhere close to an Evo 8, but im sure a LS would pull on a stock 8.

I've ridden in an SRT4 neon (rated at what, 240-250 hp?) against an Evo 8 (278 hp?), and the neon actually outran it slightly from a roll at 55mph. From a stand still its no comparison, the FWD of the neon spins for days...but from a roll...Neon wins. I would not have guessed.....so I guess it could make sense.

+1, i cant see how a near stock lexus can beat an evo 8.

lol edit - didnt realise how old this thread was.

There is no way a standardish LS would get near a EVO8 im sorry but no. It must of been a kitted up N/A Lancer or a shocking driver.

Even up top, im sure an LS at the end of the 1/4 will only be pulling 95-100mph max? An EVO will pull around 108mph+

I ran down an 08' EVO X in my LS400, but I had an ATI procharger at 7psi, and this was from a red light :) They pull hard off the line but fall short at freeway speeds, I always smoke my buddy's, unless the road's got some twisties mixed in. LS has good mojo at 60-65MPH roll. I figure it was fair because I had no tune (FMU only) and he had a reflashed ECU w/ 22psi, and still could not gain any ground after 3rd gear.

Old thread but the stories darn't lol. Good to hear you smoked that kid. I love boosted I4's, kids think because it flutters... it's fast!