WOW! V8 Turbo exhaust headers and A/C..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

chrisman

well,, everybody seems to be "asking for it".. j/k.. i have been working with a friend--actually hes been doing alot of work,, and im just helping..but i wanted to get a pic online.. im kinda doing this without his permission,, but i dont think he will mind..
what your looking at is a supra -lexus power-and the begining of the headers that will be keeping some turbos busy.. in his case,, he will probably be using one turbo,, but i am trying to make the header to also work with 2 turbos..
yes,, the ac will still be in its place,, although not in this pic..
yes,,all of the other acc will also still work, in thier original locations,but the hydraulic fan pump has been removed on this engine..
yes,, 3 inch down pipes will be used,although a little tougher with the twin setup..
yes it will be running very soon..
and yes,,i have been wanting to get this done for a while--to make it available for everyone..--
cmon everybody--lets hear it.-good or bad..

by the way,, although this particular supra has already run deep into the 8s,, it is not where this particular v8 will end up.. it is being used for mock up..but who knows,, it may be using its own turboed v8 soon enough..:veryhappy

david,, thanks,,-i think-- j/k.. i am making these from scratch, the 1 5/8 primaries are stainless,, and NOT equal length.. but my main concern is to make headers that fit well, and perform well.. the collectors can be removed, slip ons..and id like the same headers to work with either a twinn or a single setup.. i need to start work on the other side..

im guessing you have the lexus/soarer..they use the same chassis as the mk4 supra.. the only difference i see is the upper rad support seems more square-ish on the supra, and is different.. i think that it puts the rad a bit more rearward.. but everything else is very similar-bar a few small things..but the headers will work on either chassis.. maybee even other chassis..well see..

heres a pic off the car--this is upside down.. it clears the steering column, frame rail, etc. and it leaves room for the downpipe..
.this one will have a v-band and they have slip on collectors.. you can see that theses will not be equal length,, but they will go on a car with some serious potential..

Chris,

I was thinking about the same thing few months ago using 4 V-bands so the turbos can come out very easily for maintaince work.

anaema,, those ugly things on top of the intake in the pic are some of the plastic covers that go on the engine,, and the aluminum part is the front water bridge.. it is not where it belongs because i did some welding on it, and the owner has not reinstalled it..

david, yes, the owner of this engine wants to use the vbands.. i like them al;so because the allow for a little misalignment compared to flanges..and are easy to get on and off..