Whipple S/C in a Soarer.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I think a Whipple would be fantastic but one stupid question: There does not seem to be any flanges to bolt those things down to the intake; how does that work?

No kidding; very clean looking install!

What other mods are you running with the SC?
Bigger Injectors?
Bigger Fuel Pump?
Piggyback EMS?

Are you driving your SC with a separate serp belt?

Like Lew said, a few minor setbacks but nothing major.

After all it is a generic kit for multiple applications.

Does the inlet casting of the SC have a built in bypass valve or did you install a remote valve?

Separate by pass at the bottom of the air intake

View attachment 6692
What other mods are you running with the SC?
Bigger Injectors?
Bigger Fuel Pump?
Piggyback EMS?

Are you driving your SC with a separate serp belt?

For now standard injectors
stock fuel pump/ fitted a rising rate reg
stock ecu
single six rib

View attachment 6691
Gotta say though, with out putting the boot right in, it is a very responsive
ride.

View attachment 6689

View attachment 6690

Nice work, looks great don't it. what type off boost will you be running and what size is the supercharger.
why you ask, i have on order a 3.3ltr whipple for my ls400 and will start at 15lbs with a target off 30lbs. have a set off cams on the way and my heads are been cleaned up

Nice work, looks great don't it. what type off boost will you be running and what size is the supercharger.
why you ask, i have on order a 3.3ltr whipple for my ls400 and will start at 15lbs with a target off 30lbs. have a set off cams on the way and my heads are been cleaned up

I am only set up for 8lbs to start, gotta to paddle before I can swim.

It is a 2.3 litre

Any updates on this awesome project?

I am contemplating the same thing myself. Did you have any issues with belt tension, vacuum leaks or anything else that others seem to have?

Have you done any monitoring of the engine yet to check the AFR? What was the fuel regulator you used?

Cheers
Matt.

Any updates on this awesome project?

I am contemplating the same thing myself. Did you have any issues with belt tension, vacuum leaks or anything else that others seem to have?

Have you done any monitoring of the engine yet to check the AFR? What was the fuel regulator you used?

Cheers
Matt.

Have had some issues, but have been too busy with work to sort out the problems.

First issue I had was a leaking rising rate fuel reg, it was leaking from a relief hole in side of reg, and of course Holley are saying that we fitted it wrong and I am at fault. Still trying to get some sense from them.

I purchased another reg, this time a Magna Fuel.

During the fitting of the S/C, I think I pinched an O ring on a fuel injector, the end result was one blew out and I had an engine fire, some damage was done to various parts and I have been replacing or repairing where needed.

The downside is the motor is running crap at the moment, when it is cold feels great, as it gets to running temp it starts to miss and backfire and I havent been able to find out why yet.

I have changed leads, had the injectors tested and cleaned, new plugs, tried another ECU , gone over the loom where it was fire damaged. Had to replace the battery and alternator, one cooked and the other died. My throttle position sensors where damaged as well, got and lend of a couple to try but they were different, so I dont know if that could cause some issues.

Now when I drive it to see whats happening the temp gauge does some weird things and the cat light has started coming on.

All I have left is to strip back the engine loom and see if there is some other damage in the loom that I may have missed earlier.

Once I get it running properly or maybe sooner to see if some issues can be sorted, I will put it on the dyno and see what happens.

I really want this going properly.

Bummer mate, that's not cool.

If it was me I would disconnect the super charger and remove the rising rate reg and get the vehicle running stock again.

That will make it MUCH easier to diagnose problems. Sounds like you need to read the codes as well to see if anything is showing up.

Good luck.
Matt.