Whipple S/C in a Soarer.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

pwd

Well the fun starts this weekend, have everything ready to go.

The resized pulleys will be in my hot hands tomorrow, and all the rest of what I need is in the boot.

If it all goes well should be going by Sunday afternoon, and on the dyno Monday, I hope.

Will take plenty of pictures.

Good luck! All of us doing SC projects need to follow & support each other. BTW, how did you get a Whipple in Oz and which one is it?

I thought Whipple were US based, and Lysholm sold under their own name there?

Nice PWD, how big is your SC pulley, and what kind of ratio are you running?

Dimensionally, your configuration should be very close to mine, so it'll be interesting to see which pulleys work for you.

Originally it was a 110mm top pulley, and I got a bit cautious about hood clearance, so Andrew redid some numbers and reduced the top pulley to 93mm and a crank pulley down to 135mm.

Andrew said that should give me 8lbs of boost, which will do for a start, when I upgtade later I just have to go back to standard crank pulley of 145mm, which equals approx 11lbs of boost.

Got all the alterations done today, so I will see what happens tomorrow.

PWD, just a minor point - where did you take the 145mm measurement for the stock crank dampner?

If you used a set of calipers, I'm thinking you probably measured the lip of the pulley as I did below:

IMG_1137Medium.jpg

But if you notice, this outer lip is a bit larger than the grooves of the pulley themselves, (presumably to keep the belt from jumping the sheave?):

IMG_1136Medium.jpg

I then used a diameter type measuring tape to measure around the outer circumference of the grooves and got 5.53 inches or 140mm:

IMG_1139Medium.jpg

Also, what did you get for a height comparison between the two intakes?

When I took the pics below, comparing the stock intake to the Richwood/Opcon-Autorotor, it looked like the stock intake was around 9" (230mm) tall, while the Richwood/Autorotor was only 1/4" higher at 9 1/4" (235mm).

I'm curious to know how high your setup is sitting, as it affects the pulleys, hood clearances, etc.

Thanks!

John

Andrew, worked the numbers John, I think he used the outside diam of both pulleys to get the right sizes needed.

We measured the height difference between standard and F/I at approx 7mm, or 1/4 inch like what you have.