what is needed for a low mount turbo?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I'm lovin' it. You're definitely an achiever. You've even got some Kentucky chrome on the radiator! I bet that truck can haul.

Attachments

• Celsior Throttle 01.jpg
    Celsior Throttle 01.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 257
If i wanted the ideal turbo for this because i really only want to do this once what would it be? i am wanting a single turbo. i want about 600 crank hp a little less would be ok to but not to much less. i want it to be a street set up meaning fast boosting also about 8-12 psi would be were i would run it at. I also would like the turbo to be about $1000 or less. is there any turbo that would fit that description?

Imo the T70 from Master Power will do what you want..
Part # MP t70 810015/810031

http://www.vsracing.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=812

Another brand making good power is the Borg warner..
The S 366 / S375 would spool well...
http://www.vsracing.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=812
The extended tip helps spool for there size..

Garretts T04Z is another option ?? Though alittle more expensive..
They are ball bearing, water called etc etc..
http://images.google.com.au/images?...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCUQsAQwAw
A T51R is another...

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with a T70 turbo. A 5.7L engine will make up for the lag the 4.0L has. If you pass 8-9 psi, consider a good ECU that can retard the timing. The late V8 engines tend to have week rods.

What size t70 the .68 or .96?

Yea I already have a stand alone ecu.
Depends on wheel trim ?? But I would go the .96 A.R..

On a 4.0 maybe .68 ?? The larger A.R would make it spool slower and gentler on rods..
Low rpm spool and boost is hard on rotating assembly..

Last edited:
Also how good do the t70 hold up?

On another Turbo forum this question has been asked..
Other than initial stuff ups which are covered through warranty..
Which most turbo's have this issue..Usually oil supply on start up!!

They are quite a good turbo with many miles on them...
Maybe not a durable as a Garrett / Precision etc...
BUT they are far more expensive.. Seiko v Rollex / G.M v Lexus ??
Make sure it's a genuine Master Power though!! The Ebay t70's are Chinese crap... Master Power are made in South America.. Brasil...

ok so the t70 with a .96 is there any other options as trims or is t70 the trim? how do you know what size oil lines and fitting to get? will they tell me when i get the turbo?

It's kind of hard to match by the trim. The best bet is there should be a compressor map to compare where its best efficiency is, then match it with the air flow of the engine. There has been a thread with the compressor map with the flow of the Toyota V8s somewhere on this forum.

You'll be o/k ..
You can run a GT42 on a 4.0 litre so a T70 is nice with 5.7 capacity..
Plus I guess the trans is auto ?? Auto's have more load and can easily be stalled up on converter which spools the turbo up quick-smart..

Keep in mind the old Clevo Fords [popular down under] which are 5.8 run well with S475 Borg Warner with 1.32 AR on T6 housing 96 mm turbine wheel inducer..

I don't think we have a turbo sponsor ?? So try these guys for all your parts etc..Talk it over with these guys...
http://bgturbokits.com/storebg/inde...Path=3&zenid=193f94101c485469c3a693de171658b0

I would say -4 oil feed and -10 oil return ..

Don't forget to remove crank case breather from induction side or you will pressurise the crankcase, blow oil seals etc..
The PCV is OK usually but keep an eye on it...
Extra crankcase ventilation doesn't hurt !!!

Good luck and keep the pics comeing...

Pics afterwards! We're thirsty for pics. :D Don't go too big of piping before the turbo or after turbo. I'd go for 2.5" before the turbo, before intercooler, then perhaps 3" after that to reduce lag. Intercooler core thickness & length are more important than intercooler height. The air doesn't really travel up high for a standard rectangular intercooler.

Last edited:
Between compressor and air cleaner, keep the same size as outer comp housing which could easy be 4" or so.. Use silicon hose to join..
This part the size should be big as possible due to no pressure area..
The outlet should be the size of outlet comp and kept small enough to get through engine bay etc.. The at approx 1/3 distance to intercooler [if front mount ?] increase to the size of intercoolers inlet ... Same with pipe from intercooler to throttle body..
Should be same size, a 3" pipe is easy enough for 700+ h.p...

The dump pipe?? Run as big as you can,,, Then if you want ?? Y pipe to Run twin X 3" exhaust. With cat on each side.. You won't loose too much of the V8 sound.. Use mufflers which are straight through, no baffles...
Here's my push rod with twin 3" exhaust, straight through mufflers.. Click on image to hear..
Idle from cold..th_DSCF0237.jpg
Even though turbo quietens things down.. You still don't loose that V8 sound...
Unless you want to...
I used mild steel and had them ceramic coated .. They look like stainless steel and keeps heat away or doesn't radiate heat too much..

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice on the pipng size. as my truck is right now i have duel
3 1/2'' exhaust after the headers. so it looks like i will have to shrink it down to 2 1/2 untill i hook them together before the turbo. It already has duel straight through 3 1/2'' magnaflows muffles. for the rest of the turbo you are say to have as big as you can for the intake of the turbo then on the outlet to the intercooler have it at 2 1/2, then after the intercooler step it up to 3'' to the throttle body?

well sence you guys said you like pics ill put a few up for you. the fist is before i swapped engine. sorry for the bad pic it was a cell phone pic. the next is trying to fit the 5.7 in.

Attachments

• photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 12
  • PIC_0382.jpg
    PIC_0382.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 11
  • PIC_0383.jpg
    PIC_0383.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 11
there is way to many wires in this truck!
the next is my brother programming and testing the throttle control board that he made.

Attachments

• engine 1.jpg
    engine 1.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 7
  • programmiong 1.jpg
    programmiong 1.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 8
  • photo(31).jpg
    photo(31).jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 6
  • exhaust 1.jpg
    exhaust 1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 7
  • exhaust 2.jpg
    exhaust 2.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for the advice on the pipng size. as my truck is right now i have duel
3 1/2'' exhaust after the headers. so it looks like i will have to shrink it down to 2 1/2 untill i hook them together before the turbo. It already has duel straight through 3 1/2'' magnaflows muffles. for the rest of the turbo you are say to have as big as you can for the intake of the turbo then on the outlet to the intercooler have it at 2 1/2, then after the intercooler step it up to 3'' to the throttle body?
Ooops that right .. Low mount...Alittle different..
You may require one of these to return oil to motor ??
One good part about using elect pumps ? You don't need to drill and tap sump for oil return..It can be returned back to rocker covers or any part of the crankcase..
http://www.summitracing.com/search/...r-Differential-Oil-Cooler-Pumps/?autoview=SKU
Some pipe length before pump keep heat out of pump or small oil cooler will help with durability??..
http://www.tiltonracing.com/pdfs/43.pdf