what is a fair price for a set of 1UZ ported heads?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

FoPar

:phey guys, next year we are looking to start doing alot of stuff for the 1UZ's. first off the bat will be CNC heads, these are the same heads we use on our street/strip car. it's a relatively mild port, port matched to the factory bottom manifold (which we still run). the heads flow 289cfm @ .500'' (12.7mm) factory valve size, i can't remember what the exhaust made we will have to check the flow sheet. we are also looking at doing another full race port we are confident the heads will flow a decent more, but most importantly we are confident that the heads will be efficient. as most of u know it's not about how big but how efficient the head is.

the heads have been tested both on the dyno and on the 1/4 mile. we believe this is the best way, as dyno are just for tuning the track is the real proof in the pudding.

we run 2 GT35/40's .6 rear good for 550hp each. a Powerglide gearbox so the figures may be slightly lower compared to a factory box, a Powerglides drivetrain loss is around 25%. the heads have shown to make 675rwhp 22psi on 98-octane and 800rwhp 26psi on E85 turbo's were done, we couldn't get more out of it, with bigger housings should be a little more. the car weighs 3080lbs and has run a 9.02@151 on 98 and a 8.34@164 on E85. using a Moroso chart and going off of weight and MPH that shows the engine making 830hp on 98 and 1060hp on E85, have had people tell me we are restricting our HP using the factory bottom manifold so possibly there is more HP in it if u don't run a factory manifold.. there is video links and pics of the car here http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13376

would like to know what people think is a fair price for a set of heads like these? seems when u mention 1UZ everything shoots up a few grand in price :p we have seen similar fully assembled heads like ours selling in excess of $10k.

Last edited:
I supplied a set of heads to be cut up to check thickness etc..
Then ported digitised to CNC program etc..
My CNC heads are around $3.5k...
Some areas are very close to coolant passages...

I just got 4 inlet flange plates cut...
Making an inlet similar to what you have on the Cobra..
The inlet runners are made & welded already..
Maybe have inlet facing firewall with w2w intercooler under dash...
For short inlet and save under bonnet room !!!

Last edited:
once u get the digitising out of the way, it doesn't cost too much. it's fairly dear to get CNC porting in the US i have seen as low as $500 up using a 5-axis machine. i am going to have a talk to a couple places in a few weeks, and see if we can work out a deal.

the manifold sounds good. is it a bottom fed manifold? what size runner? i like the bottom entry fed manifolds on the small cube cars, has worked a treat on the modulars and the new Coyote, i wanted to try one on Joe's car also, but, will be something for the future.

I'll post some pics.. The inlets are not welded yet to flange plate..
They seem quite large for a 4.0 but are same size as ports..They have 2.5* tapper, almost 90* to head... After welding inlet tubes to flange we're cutting out a one piece alloy sheet that covers the inlet runners..
The part to work out is how to weld them all.. So you don't box yourself out... Yes bottom feed should give longer runners which hopefully help in lower rpm torque..Adds to larger plenum which seems to work on boosted engines...

inletcelica001.jpg
Then welded together.. We had issues with welds splitting while cooling..
;
inletcelica002.jpg
;
It doesn't look like it but the inside is the same as CNC ported head..
inletcelica003.jpg
The inlet angle may change, to have enough room for under plenum feed this is about right..
This is my mock up dummy engine...Sorting these inlet runners out is the foundation for the rest of inlet..
Critique all you can...

Last edited:
looks good. i will get a few pics of the bottom etc of mine when i go back in to finish the motor, to give u a rough idea how Hogan's did it, if u like. i'm not allowed show u the inside but i'm happy to tell u what they have done.

Last edited: