98 celica, fryed fuses? worth the price?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Skatony

I know this isn't about a v8 but i couldn't find anywhere else to ask for some info from some semipros!:p
i've been looking for a good and cheap daily driver for a little while now and this car came into my life. Its a 98, non GT, celica with under 140k miles that runs and drives well since the last time i was in it. However since then the current owner was replacing the battery because he was going to sell it. He didnt lower the battery low enough and when he started it, the poles on the battery apparently made contact with the hood or something of that nature and fryed it. I would figured that means all the fuses are blown, and im hoping its nothing beyond that. i dont think it is because he says the car still runs and drives... i dont know for sure im going to look at it again this week to give it a more thorough going over and to get a diagnostics ran on it. (If anyone could have any other ideas on what could have happened during a bad battery install i'd appretiate it.) Heres the kicker- HE ONLY WANTS 200 BUCKS FOR THE CAR! thats why i figure any basic fuse replacement or wire running would be very worth it! if i end up going through with it, here stands my first but deffinitly not last toyota! (my next being a 97 sc300 that will be located and plucked this summer!:D)