Nissan GT-R vs. Chevy ZR-1...Unfair comparison

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stevechumo

There's the comparison by Edmonds.com between the Nissan GT-R and the Chevy ZR-1. I found it's very biased and unfair for the GT-R. The specifications are way off between both cars, but the reviewer still brought that up. :madfawk: I believe it's for his marketing purposes.

Nissan GT-R:
$80,000 MSRP
480 bhp
430 lb/ft of tq

Chevy ZR-1:
$103,970 - $113,000 MSRP
638 bhp
604 lb/ft of tq

With the unmatched specs and prices, I'll vote for the GT-R that wins hands down over the ZR-1.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/user/InsideLineVideo

I don't know much about the Chevy, but from all the media reports on the insane GT-R that vid doesn't seem right. Funny how the ZR-1 is over a second a lap quicker with their short course testing, yet the it's only 2.5sec quicker over an entire official lap at Nürburgring

Attachments

• ARP Nut Cam Breakage.JPG
    ARP Nut Cam Breakage.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 5
Well, when it comes between the GTR and the ZR1, of course the GTR is going to win, but that's because GM took a step back when they designed the LS9. A much more appropriate comparison would be between the GTR and the Z06 ($75,000 MSRP, 505 bhp)

I would bet my left nut the Nissan GTR would be a much better car as a daily driver compared to the ZR-1... I know this because I have personally sat in each one of them..

ZR-1 is easier to mod further in comparison if your really want to go supersonic in both.. I would say the LS9 is a better and stronger motor all around with alot more potential for buildup... However, the Nissan GTR is geniously engineered... Both very fast sportscars...