Twin Screw Supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Santa came early!

Andrew at Richwood Technologies has been assembling an Opcon 222 twin screw blower mounted on one of his manifolds with the ssociated drive for my engine when it eventually gets built.

The quality is outstanding.

The whole asembly is driven with it's own 8 rib belt with a dedicated tensioner system mounted off 4 fixing point on the front of the engine.

The crank pulley fits isnide the normal balancer and is held by the balancer bolt and two smaller 8mm bolts to stop it rotating inside the crank pulley.

It looks so good I'm tempted to have it polished but what's the point on a 4x4?

Phots below show the quality.

Note not all the mounting bolts have been used on the front plate as it is only mocked up for the photos.

Throttle body required is 75mm or larger. Probably use a Holden t/b.

Starting boost will be 18lb and I'll use Snow Performance water/methanol injection. Future plans could see it go to 24lb boost.

I had to reduce the length of the left hand threaded tensioner bolt's head to clear the plate. I'll also need to replace the studs on the fan idler pulley so they clear the belt.

Rod and Andrew,

WOW Triple thumbs up for both of you. Very Very nice work. Pure engineering. Its just absolutely fantastic! Love the setup. I love the independent belt idea. If the supercharger belt break, the car still run. When is my Santa coming?

Hi Rod.

Man, It's beautiful ! I want one !

I'm just curious about a couple of things as I'm in a fix regarding the Norwegian MOT at the moment,
they changed the rules on me, long story won't bother you all with it.

Does the the snout of the opticon have any kind of support ? I'm wondering as I have heard/read that
a support is needed on these kinds of setups.

How tall is the setup compared to the stock intake ?

-
Trond

Steve,

The engine is going in a Range Rover. I currently have a stock 1UZ in there. Not your average Range Rover but the chaasis and suspension are Range Rover.

The new engine is expected to put out 600+hp and 550lbft of torque. There goes the diffs!

Trond,

Due to the solid construction of the drive it doesn't need any support.

I think Eatons need the additional support because they are a bit light in the size of the snout.

You're right.

It's actually 10mm or just under 1/2" taller than the factory plenum.

Probably couldn't get it under many hoods!

Hi All,
This set-up will, I say will fit under the standard bonnet of the Soarer & other Toyota-Lexus vehicles, the only caution is with those whom run the late model uz32 with active suspension, the motor is some 40mm futher forward, the snout hits the bonnet rib crossover, we have overcome this by making a 8 rib replacement drive system, replaces the stock 6 rib, crank, a/c, p/s, tension, air pump, this brings it all back some 40mm.
The only superchargers that have bonnet clearence are M90 GM(taller than the Ford by 10mm) and the larger 3300 superchargers from Whipple and Lysholm, in these cases we can machine the manifold down some further 10mm, which makes it a custom.

Cheers, Andrew
[email protected]

Hi Dave,
We have had complete kits available for the last year, most inquires from the USA are for manifolds and semi kits, costs of shipping superchargers over the pond I guess.

Members can purchase a manifold thru to complete kit with supercharger.

We do suggest members send an email first with the intended supercharger of choice.

Cheers, Andrew

Steve,

The engine is going in a Range Rover. I currently have a stock 1UZ in there. Not your average Range Rover but the chaasis and suspension are Range Rover.

The new engine is expected to put out 600+hp and 550lbft of torque. There goes the diffs!....
It's a real monster with all the body and muscles that it'll beat any same vehicle size. Cadillac Escalade, Yukon, Nissan Pathfinder, Lexus LX470, Land Cruiser...etc. will stay put and cry when they see your Range Rover. I've recently talked to a new Range Rover owner and he said his Range Rover just had the tranny rebuilt at 70,000 miles. So you might consider this factor because its tranny is relatively weak. However, it'll differ from vehicle to vehicle.

My Range Rover is a Range Rover in name only.

The chassis and suspension are Rover the rest is custom.

I'm using a Chrysler Torqueflite transmission as it can be built to take 1,00hp without selling my kids. Although that's agood idea.:))

So you understand here's a photo of my baby.

My Range Rover is a Range Rover in name only.

The chassis and suspension are Rover the rest is custom.

I'm using a Chrysler Torqueflite transmission as it can be built to take 1,00hp without selling my kids. Although that's agood idea.:))

So you understand here's a photo of my baby.
You even made me more crazy to think of 500-600 hp in that off-roading vehicle. When the engine screams at its 500 hp, all of the clothes should fly away and leave you...:tapedshut:

Hey zuffen,

Is that a real "dakar 4x4" or a rotrax kit on a LaRo chassis?

I thought the dakars and rotraxes only were sold as kits or turnkey kitcars in the UK,

Nice to see there are more around.

ideed that will be bloddy quick as it weighs about half of the original LaRo if i'm not mistaking, so the gearbox will probably hold out for a good few miles, the transfercases however are horrible,

Diffs are quite strong in the rigid axle's and if not upto the task there'll be something availeble which would cope, there's so much you can get for these for good money.

cool car thats for sure.

grtz Thomas

Thomas,

It's a genuine DAKAR.

We had it built in Australia in 1994 as a race car.

There are about 12 genuine DAKARS in Australia plus around 30 Bushrangies which were a rip-off DAKAR.

If the axles can't take the power I can swap to Toyota centres and use special axles made here in Oz.

The car weighs 1850kg as in the photo.

I'm looking for low 12's on the 1/4 mile! I guess it would run around 15 seconds at the moment.

A bit off topic but here is another Rover based car, don't know any more about it other than my Father is stood next to it in the UK.

Rod that thing of yours will be awsome fun in the dirt.

Thomas,

It's a genuine DAKAR.

We had it built in Australia in 1994 as a race car.

There are about 12 genuine DAKARS in Australia plus around 30 Bushrangies which were a rip-off DAKAR.

If the axles can't take the power I can swap to Toyota centres and use special axles made here in Oz.

The car weighs 1850kg as in the photo.

I'm looking for low 12's on the 1/4 mile! I guess it would run around 15 seconds at the moment.

1850 kgs! thats insane. thats got to be hard on the shocks.

really nice I didn't know that those where availeble in Aus aswell.

indeed it's heavey 1850kg without the laro body on, are the austrailian versions also build from GRP, if so I know of one far lighter containing the 6 kilo heavier origineal rover engine. why's yours so heavy?

btw doing 12sec in a 1850kg car would indeed require something insane!

grtz Thomas