Supliers of twin screw blowers in Australia

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

quadcam boat

Does anyone know of some of the supliers that sell these things. I have in the past spoken to Sprintex and FAT but been unimpressed with them. Surely there must be someone else in Australia that sells Autorotor, Opcon, Lyscholw or Whipple?

Are there any other brands out there?

That blitz setup used to use 2 sc14 bowers off a 1GGZE toyota engine which are roots blowers. The ones on this link look slightly different to the usual sc14. Are you sure they are twin screw????

awhile ago i was quoted $700 for the sc off the 2.3 miller cycle mazda/eunos 800 engine. I've tried looking around, but have never worked out how much boost these things can make and at what revs..... also heard they're Lysholms... can't be a bad thing

Found this on the net.
Starr Performance is Australasia’s sole distributor for Whipple Superchargers and products.

Address: 13a Ceylon Street, Nunawading 3131. Victoria, Australia.

Phone: +613 9894 8860

Fax: +613 9894 8488

Email: [email protected]

On the other hand I wonder how much one from mercury would be?

http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2489/article.html

When the supercharged comodore first came out you could get a eaton m90 from holden spare parts for around $800 $1000 I am told. Pricing has changed since.

The IHI blowers off the mazda eunos are troublesome. They have commonly have bearing problems.

I´ve written a comperative article in this matter, unfortunatley the article is in Swedish, but the conclusion of superchargers efficiency related to:

# pounds of air per hp (hp wich the supercharger needs)
# psi per hp
# psi per degree of heat

is that the most efficient supercharger is:

1 - Lysholm
2 - Autorotor
3 - Roots-blowers

These conclusions is NOT based on the manufacturers own opinion in the matter, but on research made on various universitys and the results of the Merscedes and Merscedes AMG testlabs findings. (Superchargers connected to electrical motors with known variable outputs and energy consumtion, and close monitoring of flow, psi and heat buildup)

For a boat, where the lowest end maby isn´t the most interesting part of the power band (?) I would consider a ROTREX supercharger. www.rotrex.com ok, its Dennmark, but the support is excellent and the efficiency and package size is superb.

Cobolt said:
I´ve written a comperative article in this matter, unfortunatley the article is in Swedish, but the conclusion of superchargers efficiency related to:

# pounds of air per hp (hp wich the supercharger needs)
# psi per hp
# psi per degree of heat

is that the most efficient supercharger is:

1 - Lysholm
2 - Autorotor
3 - Roots-blowers

These conclusions is NOT based on the manufacturers own opinion in the matter, but on research made on various universitys and the results of the Merscedes and Merscedes AMG testlabs findings. (Superchargers connected to electrical motors with known variable outputs and energy consumtion, and close monitoring of flow, psi and heat buildup)

For a boat, where the lowest end maby isn´t the most interesting part of the power band (?) I would consider a ROTREX supercharger. www.rotrex.com ok, its Dennmark, but the support is excellent and the efficiency and package size is superb.
link/url for your article? and/or the source research?

The article was written for a couple of car-magazines, and is not on the web.

The article was an overwiev of different superchargers, and mainly discussed the differences between roots superchargers, helical twin screws and centrifugal superchargers. The angle wasn´t to decide wich was the best, just to declare every concepts advantages and shortcomings and let the reader do the comparison based on his/hers specific needs.

When I was researching this article I was in contact with, Eaton, autorotor, lysholm, rotrex, vortec, paxton, various dragracing teams, trackracingteams, ENEM (a respected tuningcompany that build superchargerkits on lysholm and autorotor), BSR (developer of koenigsegg that changed from lysholm to rotrex), and a source in Mercedes-AMG:s development team. Mercedes is especially interesting in this matters since they (to my knowledge) is the only brand that OEM mounts either roots (eaton) or helical twinscrew (lysholm) supercharges on one engine. This makes them a good platform for comparisons and therefore I base much of my conclusions on their testlabs findings from when they made tests to decide wih supercharger to use for the AMG models. The racers I´ve spoken with also support their results. Unfortunatley, evil me won´t rewrite a 4 pages article from swedish to english, ;) but I´ll be happy to try to answer your questions! =)

Cobolt said:
The article was written for a couple of car-magazines, and is not on the web.

The article was an overwiev of different superchargers, and mainly discussed the differences between roots superchargers, helical twin screws and centrifugal superchargers. The angle wasn´t to decide wich was the best, just to declare every concepts advantages and shortcomings and let the reader do the comparison based on his/hers specific needs.

When I was researching this article I was in contact with, Eaton, autorotor, lysholm, rotrex, vortec, paxton, various dragracing teams, trackracingteams, ENEM (a respected tuningcompany that build superchargerkits on lysholm and autorotor), BSR (developer of koenigsegg that changed from lysholm to rotrex), and a source in Mercedes-AMG:s development team. Mercedes is especially interesting in this matters since they (to my knowledge) is the only brand that OEM mounts either roots (eaton) or helical twinscrew (lysholm) supercharges on one engine. This makes them a good platform for comparisons and therefore I base much of my conclusions on their testlabs findings from when they made tests to decide wih supercharger to use for the AMG models. The racers I´ve spoken with also support their results. Unfortunatley, evil me won´t rewrite a 4 pages article from swedish to english, ;) but I´ll be happy to try to answer your questions! =)

One of the main points of interest for me is to know what range of pressure ratios (boost) were tested/reasearched.

From my investigations the autorotor was the only unit engineered for PR's aproaching 3 (approx 2bar/30psi). As I am running 1.8bar the choice was therefore Autorotor. I can't see how Lysholm would cope with this application, and their internal PR's were very low so the efficieny at high manifold pressures would be far lower than Autorotor(with higher internal PR).

I'm guessing any OE applications in cars would not get anywhere near 1Bar let alone 2 bar...

Also I thought that the screw units that mercedes use are manufactured by IHI.
:ninja:

You are correct, the test pressure wasn´t higher than 18 psi so I can´t say anything about the higher pressure range, it´s absolutley possible that autorotor has an edge there.

Mercedes C-Class and SLK Roadster uses Eaton superchargers, the AMG V6 and V8 has a Supercharger that my Mercedes source call Lysholm and Lysholm development technichans claims to have built a supercharger for OEM mount on the AMG. If IHI is the actual supplyer, is that a recent change or is it maby some kind of Licenced manufacturing??? I´m not familliar with IHI:s designs.

Cobolt said:
You are correct, the test pressure wasn´t higher than 18 psi so I can´t say anything about the higher pressure range, it´s absolutley possible that autorotor has an edge there.

Mercedes C-Class and SLK Roadster uses Eaton superchargers, the AMG V6 and V8 has a Supercharger that my Mercedes source call Lysholm and Lysholm development technichans claims to have built a supercharger for OEM mount on the AMG. If IHI is the actual supplyer, is that a resent change or is it maby some kind of Licenced manufacturing??? I´m not familliar with IHI:s designs.
I think IHI has license from Lysholm to make kompressors. I'm not 100% certain that mercedes uses units made by IHI, just something I have been told.

Whilst i am not new to the forced induction scene i lack the techincal understanding.
I often here arguements about the choice of two small turbos over one larger unit and each have there own benifits in depending on your requirements and set up.
Why is it that we don't use the same principal with superchargers ?
Two smaller units in replace of one larger unit ?
Once apon a time, suprechargers were only for the fithy rich and a turbo a poor mans alternative but know both are nearly on a equal pathwhen you include set up costs.
Secondly, superchargers are a lot more accessable and feesable.
So now i ask the question again why is it that we don't look at twin supercharger set ups ?
Can people with true knowledge shed some light to the pro's and con's.
I expect extra drag, cost and the right blowers for the job are going to be the first comments thrown. So what i am wishing is that someone can actual give some suggestions on how we could make the idea work ?
Whilst something like this sounds crazy http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f3105
Could this or something like this be a good bang for bucks ?
Considering these blowers are only $300 dollars each to buy .

Regards

Stephen

A twin mount, is actually quite common.
Mount it parallel, just like pressureside on twin turbos, with a well designed system, you get the small superchargers flow and parasitic losses times two. You controll boost with pulley-sizing and use two tb before the sc:s or individual tb:s per runner and use a BOW solution. Either use separate IC:s, or the flowpaths should converge before the IC so that it gets a laminar flow into the end-tank.

If one doesn´t have space enough to fit one big supercharger or gets a really good price on two small, this could be a good solution. People with extreme flow needs has problems finding a helical supercharger that´s big enough, and they´r often using twins.

21.jpg

08.jpg

13.jpg