Turbo Q45

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Well, I have got the car running now. Still have to take care of little things. Here are the pics:

2_2007_0613turboinstall0001_1.jpg

Thanks to Lextreme for his post on the Homemade Catch Can.
2_2007_0613turboinstall0002_1.jpg

I put a drain hose for the Catch Can.
2_2007_0613turboinstall0005_1.jpg

2_2007_0613turboinstall0004_1.jpg

2_2007_0615turboinstall0001_1.jpg

LOL... Love that Home Depot catch can.... You should route it back to the turbo.... That way your car dont have smoke when u stop on a redlight. Secondly, your car wont have the fuel smell.
2_2007_0613turboinstall0002_1.jpg

your oil catch can drain is horrendously dangerous.

dripping oil in front of your wheels? are you nuts?

hook it up to the turbo oil drain immediately - especially if it rains 8 months of the year where you are.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 173
your oil catch can drain is horrendously dangerous.

dripping oil in front of your wheels? are you nuts?

hook it up to the turbo oil drain immediately - especially if it rains 8 months of the year where you are.

LOL. There is a bit of confusion here. I should have explained the catch can setup better. The line on the right of the can goes to the air filter. The drain hose is there so I can empty the catch can as necessary. There is a small valve at the bottom of the can. These pics should clear things up.

This is the plastic hose barb that was installed on the filter.
2_2007_0606turboinstall0001_1.jpg

A hole was drilled and the hose barb glued on. Pretty simple.
2_2007_0606turboinstall0004_1.jpg

Here's the back view showing where the hose barb enters the filter assembly.
2_2007_0606turboinstall0002_1.jpg

Oil/water separator from Home Depot. Notice the drain valve at the bottom.
2_2007_0606turboinstall0003_1.jpg

sorry dude! i thought it was just a drain with no valve!!! i was thinking - for everything you've done that just killed it!

awesome ride though. i'm currently between a rock and a hard place deciding between an 91/92 LS400 and a 95ish Q45 myself.

me personally i would have picked an external gated GT35R, but if it works for you then thumbs up.

sorry dude! i thought it was just a drain with no valve!!! i was thinking - for everything you've done that just killed it!

After I posted the pics, I realized that it was a bit confusing. I can imagine the havoc with oil dripping in front of the tires.

awesome ride though. i'm currently between a rock and a hard place deciding between an 91/92 LS400 and a 95ish Q45 myself.

They're both good cars but a bit different. You know which one I am partial to. The biggest gripe with the Q is that there is very little aftermarket support for them but if you're motivated then you can make things happen yourself.

me personally i would have picked an external gated GT35R, but if it works for you then thumbs up.

I've been driving the car around on shakedown runs. Believe it or not, the turbo spools at 3000 in first gear and is at 4 psi by 3500. This is what I was hoping for. In the higher gears, boost comes on a bit faster so I'm thinking some longer gears would help the car. I have aftermarket 4.08 gears in the car and I'm thinking of going back to the stock 3.54 diff. Right now, my wastegate is set for low boost and it cracks open at 4 psi. I have to install a MBC to get some more psi.

what is the dyno No. for this Q45 ...??

I've never had the car on a dyno. The power output before the turbo project was around 300hp. I did some testing with a Gtech meter and my 1/4 mile times were around 14.0-14.1 secs at 100-101 mph. With the turbo in the car, I'm hoping for low 13 second quarter mile times on low boost.

They're both good cars but a bit different. You know which one I am partial to. The biggest gripe with the Q is that there is very little aftermarket support for them but if you're motivated then you can make things happen yourself.

i noticed you run coilovers - are they from another vehicle or are there Q45 coilovers available in the states?

i noticed you run coilovers - are they from another vehicle or are there Q45 coilovers available in the states?

Actually, I'm running Eibach springs with Tokico struts. To my knowledge, there are no coil-over kits available in the States. You might get some from Japan. Some people have installed the Z32 300zx coilovers on the Q with slight modifications but the car will sit very low.

The Q, Z32 300zx, Skyline R32,33,34 and the Silvia/240sx have the same type of suspension. A lot of the parts will interchange between them. I have the rear upper control arm from the Z32 on my car along with a bunch of other stuff like Nismo Z32 rear bushings and Energy Suspension subframe bushings. The problem is that the parts are not listed as fitting the Q.

when you say very low - could you make the rear match with lowered springs?

are we taking 2in or 4in difference here?

reason i ask is - i'm really between a rock and a hard place. Both the Q45 and LS are great cars, and now it comes down to how easily i can get aftermarket parts.

like if i can jump on ebay and get 300ZX coilovers for the front end, with slotted GTR rotors and 4spots then that's a big plus.