Total TRD package

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i also found out yamaha racing was in bed with lex/toyota. how much of their design influences, i'm not sure. remember fords sho was all yamaha 10000 rpm

the biggest problem with the V12 is the same with the V10. No parts. Otherwise at 2 Gs for 500ft-lbs, I would be all over it.

I wonder if Toyota will stick that thing in the LF-A concept? That would be sweet.

God bless yous.

Jacob

If you are talking about the Toyota V12 they are rare as hens teeth, maybe 1/2 a dozen in Australia, will cost about 7 or 8 grand for a front cut, 3 or 4 grand for a engine with cut loom, only gbox that bolts up is the factory auto.
Everything else will require custom.

The V12 comes in the Toyota Century a big limo type thing in Japan they started in 67 making them with a V8 chagned the V8 alot in them and didnt change the body or looks to much in them until 97 and put the V12 in it and gave it a face lift lot more modern look and now they come with flat panel TV's and sat. TV installed fridge, wine cooler, and all kinds of stuff. The engine code for the V12 is 1GZ-FE.

I noticed it was said these would fit into an LS400..... think about this for a second... An SC has MUCH more room front/back than LS and has been transplanted into a supra (Top Secret motorsports) so picture a TOTALLY stock sc400 (sc500 for 5.0) driving casually down the street as you pull up in your ride thinking of an easy pull.... the 5.0 v12 would be the ultimate sleeper swap IMHO.

The swap is very do-able... its tight on all sides and IC would be only problem but who cares??? you could probobly tune an extra 100-200hp from a standalone going N/A. More torque than your going to have runway to play with...

V12's, I never understood why so many cylinders and pistons are desired for performance applications?... I understand the balancing and what not, but a solid big V8 would seem more practical and cost effective in the sense of modifying...

Although all the newer street driven cars are sporting those V12's...Like the AMG Merc's, Audi's, etc.. Expensive new motors though..

I always thought it takes time to rev those V12's up in rpms, hense more like a diesel... I remember those old Jag V12's and older BMW V12's.. Kinda gutless and slow revers, not alot of torque out of the blocks, I am sure that has changed over the years though......

I would venture to say the V12's eat up the gas too... So what's the fascination with the V12's my friends? Isn't it just 12 more chances of breaking down?

A term you don't hear much anymore is optimum cylinder displacement. It was big in the 50's and 60's, especially in F1 when only the engine displacements were fixed by "the formula", and the numbers of cylinders weren't. Some teams, like BRM, chased high rpm HP, so their solution was a 12,000 RPM, H16 motor with 187cc cylinders. Others, like Climax, thought it could be done by low end torque alone, so they used 4 cylinders at much lower RPM.

Some would say the magic figure for a modern automobile motor is 500cc's per cylinder, in a slightly oversquare configuration, for the range of RPM that most (non American) street motors will see. This may be one reason our 4.0 litre V8's are such little jewels, why the 2.0 litre I4 Honda motors, and 3.0 litre L6 Supra motors are so popular, and why BMW's 5.0 litre V10 is too, and why there are a number of 6.0 litre V12's now.

The thinking that the greater the number of cylinders, the longer they take to rev is pure nonsense, and if anything, the inverse is true. It's all about the rotating and reciprocating mass in each cylinder. (And of course, how big/heavy a flywheel they have!)

Would anyone try to argue that a 1200cc 4 cylinder Honda motorcycle engine doesn't rev as fast as a 2 cylinder Harley with the same displacement?

Similarly, I've not heard too many 6.0 litre Ferrari or Lambo V12 owners complaining that their motors take longer to rev than the 6.0 litre small block chebbies in their Suburbans......

The current crop of 12 cylinder engines from Germany going into their luxury cars are built for smoothness and low end torque with "some" high RPM capability, and as Peewee said, the V12 sound and status for their owners. No they're not high RPM screamers like Ferrari's, because they weren't designed to be. These design goals are what probably create the impression in people's minds that V12's are slugs, but it's not inherent to a V12 configuration.

BTW, ask me what an expensive PITA it is to take a BMW V12 motor, designed for smoothness and torque, and try to rework it to make it a screamer.......