1uz-vvti..Help a total 1uz noob please.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

BigKriss

Greetings all, Im from South Africa and planning on fitting a 1uz to my Alfa Romeo Giulietta. Yes,An Alfa Romeo.. I joined a few days ago and have scoured the forum for basic info to no avail.My searches come up with the lovely Chevy based intake thread and another about supercharging. Not knowing the 1uz at all,Id appreciate a helping hand here. I looked at a 1uz with "Toyota" on the cam covers . The next one was identical but for "V8 quad cam" on the covers. And then my favorite-a bully 1uz-VVTi in all its glory. I was informed that the first engine above was the low output spec.The second was the 210kw engine and the beans was the VVTi engine. Can the knowledgeable amongst you please fill me in on the outputs and identification of these engines. Is the 1UZ-VVTi a constant variable VVTi system or is it on/off. Im attaching a pic of an Ozzie car with a 1uz fitted already.Im planning another stonking monster with the finesse attached to it.. Thanks all,Kriss. Lexus.jpg Lexusv8.jpg

Attachments

• IgnitionSource.JPG
    IgnitionSource.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Lexus.jpg
    Lexus.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 0
Constantly variable via PWM. Interestingly, despite the scissors gear arrangement, only the intake cam timing is varied.

I have this day bought one!Big plastic cover over the top,pretty complete except management.Says 1UZFE-VVTi all over it.
Std. 1UZ cost R6900.00-VVTi engine cost me R12000.00.That about 3500 Ozzie Dollars..It was a no brainer imo..

I have this day bought one!Big plastic cover over the top,pretty complete except management.Says 1UZFE-VVTi all over it.
Std. 1UZ cost R6900.00-VVTi engine cost me R12000.00.That about 3500 Ozzie Dollars..It was a no brainer imo..

Can you convert it to USD

Yes,rather..I wanted to leave it alone until the weekend as I have another small project to finish..You know how it is..cover is off and Im cleaning and checking things like crazy..
I was going the BMW route but they are very expensive here..looked closely at the 1UZ and thought why not..
Im going to move the thread to general unless the mods can move the whole topic over..would appreciate that..
Cheers,Kriss.

bloody expensive here to mate thats why i went with the lexus to. I opted for the post 95 1uz (more power than the early one) but pre vvti as the aftermarket computers for the vvti engines are much more expensive to buy and tune

D,You running Lexus in the Beemer?That could be a lot of fun.
Ive got a Haltech e11 ver2 thats surplus to requirement..That will run 1UZFE no probs.
Im concerned as to the constantly variable VVTi..Thats not that easy to control as the factory ECU does.What Ill do is get more info on how the factory ECu really controls it and decide what to do from there.

Its not a Lexus,but a project Im busy with.After this,its me and a certain v8..
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b324/BarryHenning/?action=view&current=DSC03649.jpg

D,You running Lexus in the Beemer?That could be a lot of fun.
Ive got a Haltech e11 ver2 thats surplus to requirement..That will run 1UZFE no probs.
Im concerned as to the constantly variable VVTi..Thats not that easy to control as the factory ECU does.What Ill do is get more info on how the factory ECu really controls it and decide what to do from there.

Its not a Lexus,but a project Im busy with.After this,its me and a certain v8..
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b324/BarryHenning/?action=view&current=DSC03649.jpg

I dear say that the Haltech e11 wont run the vvti, you may have to get some cam gears.

Bigkriss ,

To keep the VVTI running you should go with MoTeC or similar ECU's But its expensive , So I suggests to use the stock ECU if its available