thinking out load..112 manifold

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
thanks...

here is it so far..only got the metal at 4pm, photos taken at 8pm..not finished as you can see, run out of mig wire..poo:mad:and the brand new hole saw (for inlet ports to manifold) shed its teeth..gonna have a good moan at RS tomorrow...

SP_A0214.jpg

SP_A0210.jpg

SP_A0208.jpg

sc not mounted to top plate yet,not doing that till i know where to mount it!.still to getting bottom and top faced off,can't do that till welded it all up...looks like i dont need a new snout,as i can align it up easy just by moving it along top plate...will need 6 rib pulley though..please see other pulley post.

Looking good.

Why not run the 8 rib to prove it all works and change to the 6 rib if you're happy with it.

6 ribs are known to have slip issues so I would suggest see how it goes first.

manifold is looking good mate, must be very cheap using steel instead of alloy !
you fitting a chargecooler or just running hot ?

no charger as of yet...where to get 8 rib crank pulley??

Attachments

• intake 001.JPG
    intake 001.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 50
  • intake 002.JPG
    intake 002.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 49
im using the intercooler form the new mini, its about 260x150x50, plenty for a first draft :)
also ordered an ac dc tig, it should be here by friday along with the rest of my alloy :)
makinf the inlet from steel though as ive enough lying around

correct me if im wrong but they dont use steel because it reacts to aluminium, therefore vapour in the air will cause the inside to rust if you haven't sealed it(powdercoat or paint) and that will make its way into the engine eventually causing electrolysis. Also i beleive aluminium is a worse thermal conductor than steel so the steel one will get hotter quicker and stay hotter for long

yes aluminium wouod be a better choice to dissipate some heat, but if you dont have the means to weld it, a steel manifold is still better than nothing !

keep up the good work mate :)

correct me if im wrong but they dont use steel because it reacts to aluminium, therefore vapour in the air will cause the inside to rust if you haven't sealed it(powdercoat or paint) and that will make its way into the engine eventually causing electrolysis. Also i beleive aluminium is a worse thermal conductor than steel so the steel one will get hotter quicker and stay hotter for long

ali conducts heat better, ie better thermal conductor..steel stays hot longer.yes it does..so what?they make engines of iron and steel..

ali reacts to steel .yes..i am using gaskets..so they dont touch..takes years to react if done properly..my car is steel and ali panels..they are 40oyrs old and still good..ie it wont hurt nothing...

if i could weld ali i would have done so..but i cant..so...

The internal rust is the worrying part,

Electrolitic corrosion is quite managable.

Assuming it all works well I would recommend having the manifold ceramic coated to try and prevent it rusting.

I know ceramic can lift in manifolds so galvanising may not be as silly as it sounds.

thanks for all your concern..its staying steel..,.next one will be ali..

it will be getting coated anyway..what in ? not sure..chrome??teflon?

ali is a better conductor of heat..steel is worse.(thats why steel stays hotter longer,it takes longer for the heat to transfer into it,and longer for it to dissapate it...).they use ali for heatsinks cos its so good (and cheap compared to gold and copper )

anyway..coating....galvanising is a possibility too..(and quite cheap)..save hours of polishing compared to chroming..

When you do your next one in alloy mate, if you need the alloy let me know, they guy i get it from (6082 grade) is very cheap, for 4 plates roughly 350x250 12mm thick was about 80 quid delivered for the lot :)