thinking of running a bug catcher on a m112??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

v8commy

i am currently running an m112 on my 1uz and have for some time now. the blower is the lightning truck type top entry inlet. now at the time i thought a cool setup would be using two throttle bodies (v6 commodore) running twin intake pipes and i have set up throttle bodies using a progressive linkage.so the first gets about 1/4 open before the second starts to open , which works great. recently have thought about replacing this setup with a more hotrod style setup, like an enderle efi bug catcher . i think this would look better but also allow a massive gain in air flow, but am wondering if this type of bug catcher would have way too big buttiflies , therefore too much air as they have 3 and at a guess 2and a half inch buttifles. not too sure how this would be to tune or would drivability be sacrificed. the blower is pumping only around 8psi at the moment but have replaced the supercharger pulley for a smaller one to give me around maybe 13-14 psi.i will upload some pics of setup as soon as i can. what do you guys think?

You could end up with idle problems due to air leakage past the buterflies.

I know of a 1UZ in Sydney running a bug catcher and they got the butterflies sealing well enough for it to idle. From all reports it goes well.

They installed the tps on the shaft the butterflies rotate on.

Getting enough vacuum to operate the brakes could be a problem as well.

Depending on what size the idle bleed holes are, and how many off them there are on the bug catcher, may affect the idling off the motor.

You can block same of the holes, or make the holes smaller to drop the idling down to suit your needs.

then its a matter of mounting a tps to it?

You would have the same problem with the 2x v6 throttle bodies, idle will be high as it will be using both idle bleed systems in the tb's an will make the engine idle around 1500rpm and will send the mixture out off wack, i know this as this is what i am running on my engine 2x v6 throttle bodies, but i have them working at the same time, not progressivly

here is a link to my setup of the twin tb's
http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=106911&postcount=110

Vacuum should not be a problem unless you have a big cam in it.
Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

as far as using a tps goes, my setup just runs a link v4 so running off the map, or what ever, (cant remember the name but not tps) so hope this would still work. motor still got standard cams etc. did not seem to have a problem with the idle with my 2 throttle bodies, idles at around a 1000rpm or so, can get it down to about 5 hundy. as far as air leaking around the buttiflies on the injector hat, i would only imagine that this type of injector hat ,as it is used in efi setups, that the seal around those buttilies would be sweet, but havent seen one up close as yet. hare is some pics off mine

hey scotturnot, i like your setup, one thing caught my eye tho, i see your supercharger pulley is a gilmour type, can i see some pics of the crank pulley? and what size is it? would love to change my top and bottom pulleys for that type, as have a bit of a problem with mine slipping at high revs.
cheers

hey scotturnot, i like your setup, one thing caught my eye tho, i see your supercharger pulley is a gilmour type, can i see some pics of the crank pulley? and what size is it? would love to change my top and bottom pulleys for that type, as have a bit of a problem with mine slipping at high revs.
cheers

ahh actually msg for hypronet

i had the pulleys changed over to the gilmour type as i was warned that i may have belt slip when running 30psi with this combo.

The supercharger pulley is a 40tooth while the crank is a 50 tooth, this combo gives me 16psi.

Here is a link to my thread that shows the front off the motor before installing the motor into the car, it shows the pulleys, belt tenison system and the type of belts that i used to get this to work.
http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=99073&postcount=60
The belt that im using for the supercharger is a nissian gtr timing belt LOL, and it does the job.

i do have a 30 tooth pulley for the supercharger that will give me about 30psi which will be installed once i have run the engine in?

have you thought about using the original ford lighting throttle body system.
Its a twin 60 or 65mm butterfly single throttle body and mod the intake to a custom 90* adapter to mount it to the supercharger, then it a matter of a hat/scoop or filter on the otherside?

have you thought about using the original ford lighting throttle body system.
Its a twin 60 or 65mm butterfly single throttle body and mod the intake to a custom 90* adapter to mount it to the supercharger, then it a matter of a hat/scoop or filter on the otherside?

yeah i got one of those, it came with the blower when i got it. had crossed my mind at some stage, i think im just gona get one of those injector hats and just throw it on and see what happens. just got to get one that is not going to bust the bank too much. i think i will just make up an adapter to mount it the the top of the supercharger, and also have some type of mid plate inside the adapter to sit a flat panel filter on. that should be the go.

When I was looing at running one I thought I had it all figured out. Since the three large butterflys are way to much air, You could do it but the throttle will be so sensitive you would be at WOT at about 1/4 the pedal movement. I had planned to block off 2 butterflys inside the unit and just use the center one. I also had it planned to install a Aircleaner inside the rear of the hat. I really think this would make a real streetable motor and still look impressive as heck. One butterfly is still a lot more airflow than the stock TB. Take a look inside the enderle hat, it even has ridges where you could add dividers. just my 2 cents.