New guy thinking about V8 swap please help :)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JMSV14

So I've been looking around and decided installing a 1uzfe v8 in my ae86 would be a nice upgrade for my daily driving. I don't want a show car or an all out race car... just a daily driver with more oomph. I have a couple questions:

I have a 1986 corolla sr5 automatic. Since it's carbureted, do i have to do more modifications since the v8 is fuel injected?

Will I need to change my fuel tank to hold more fuel?

What major mods are needed besides custom mounts, custom driveshafts?

I just want a daily driver so I want to keep the auto tranny it came with. Since I will basically keep it stock with smog equipment, the car should pass BAR'd? cause I live in CA.

Thanks for your help guys, I really wanna do this swap, my car needs a slight upgrade :)

The list of items to modify for this swap includes:

* engine mounts
* radiator and plumbing
* wiring in the ECU
* Exhaust headers and complete system
* driveshaft
* replace the diff
* upgrade the brakes
* you may need to mod the front crossmember and/or steering
* upgrade springs for the heavier weight
* instal a surge tank
* run new fuel lines for the EFI to/from the tank

There'll be a few I've overlooked but that's a good start.

You won't be able to retain the original transmission and from what I've seen the standard Lexus trans won't fit in the trans tunnel without a lot of chopping.

Nice swap but not something you will do over a long weekend nor without spending a goodly amount of money.

But don't let me put you off it would make a real nice ride.

why not go for the nissan sr20t
will be shitloads better
just abit more wiring if u want it auto

they will be easier to fit and go much better
or even so the vq30det its a screamer of an engine
ive wired up afew these days

1uzs are nice for something big and 4wd but for a small toyota keep it small
dont fill out the enigne bay
and i recon it will go much better than a 1uz

I live calidornia too so I know what you mean about BAR, I would sugest geting and early obd1 engine so there won't be much smog stuff to deal with.. you will need to wire up the stock computer and somehow still use the stock headers, check out youtube there are some people that all ready did this swap you can ask them some question...

I live calidornia too so I know what you mean about BAR, I would sugest geting and early obd1 engine so there won't be much smog stuff to deal with.. you will need to wire up the stock computer and somehow still use the stock headers, check out youtube there are some people that all ready did this swap you can ask them some question...

Yup, checkout ck1uzfeae86 on Youtube. Meant to go visit him this year but the time got away from me and I never made it over to the east side of the state. Now it's time for the cars to be parked since the salt season is almost upon us here in MI.