Skyline V8 T/T?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

philt

Hi all,

I am looking at building a V8 Skyline based on a '95 R33 GTS-T. I have a '91 Soarer engine complete and an R154 gearbox.I also have a Celica GT4 flywheel but have yet to source a clutch.I am making up an adaptor plate at the moment, to connect the gearbox to the Soarer bellhousing.The car arrives from Japan later this month.I would like to turbocharge but have a couple of questions.

1) How much boost can I run safely without an engine rebuild to decompress.I intend to use a large FMIC and after market management for ignition and fueling.

2) Which turbo's would be most suitable - I would like a pair of GT25r's but these are beyond my budget.I can obtain Skyline GTS turbo's for reasonable money, or possibly Impreza turbo's - again readily available and cheap.

I would like to acheive 350 - 400 bhp at the flywheel which would probably require 6 - 8psi?The car will be for road use + the odd track day.

Cheers,
Phil.

hey mate, i tooo would be extremly interested in this.
i would love to get a r32 and drop a 1uz in that, i posted some stuff on sau.com.au but they deemed it turning to the dark side and deleated my post the bastards. if its possible can we get some pics of a r32 with out motor in it, and dimensions of the engine bay.

i think it would be weird pulling up to a skyline that had a bug catcher and v8 burble lol. i soo cant wait to do it, on a dedicated gas system too

GT25Rs are perfect for the stock application. However, if you decided to increase boost, those turbos will give you plenty of lead way too. Sounds like a realistic swap and goal. With little engine mods, you can run up to 20 psi.

Please keep us updated in here.... very interesting project..... Remember, nothing is impossible if you put your mind and money into it.

philt said:
Hi all,

I am looking at building a V8 Skyline based on a '95 R33 GTS-T. I have a '91 Soarer engine complete and an R154 gearbox.I also have a Celica GT4 flywheel but have yet to source a clutch.I am making up an adaptor plate at the moment, to connect the gearbox to the Soarer bellhousing.The car arrives from Japan later this month.I would like to turbocharge but have a couple of questions.

1) How much boost can I run safely without an engine rebuild to decompress.I intend to use a large FMIC and after market management for ignition and fueling.

2) Which turbo's would be most suitable - I would like a pair of GT25r's but these are beyond my budget.I can obtain Skyline GTS turbo's for reasonable money, or possibly Impreza turbo's - again readily available and cheap.

I would like to acheive 350 - 400 bhp at the flywheel which would probably require 6 - 8psi?The car will be for road use + the odd track day.

Cheers,
Phil.

You'll need a pull type clutch, as all 3s-gte clutches are a push type. Did your R154 come from a 1jz?

Eric