Supra vs. Skyline

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
No question - Skylines are bad*ss, but keep in mind the Supra in that clip had a stock motor, and basically just a bigger turbo, a chipped ECU, and a free flowing exhaust, along with suspension mods and tires. With a stock motor and stock rods, the best you can hope for is a 7K to 7.2K redline.

In addition to the Supra's mods, the Skyline had a built motor - most likely with rods that were good to 10K.

So to build that Supra, you'd probably spend all of $5K to $7.5K, but to build the Skyline, you'd be looking at an additional $10K to $15K motor build, minimum, on top of that.

And that's to get around that circuit 4 seconds faster than the Supra....

Not an apples to apples comparison, IMO, but still entertaining!

You're right, John. It's not an apple to an apple but it's interesting to watch. Supra could also be built to rev unlimited. I've read some articles that a supra was built to reach the 200 mph. What RPM is it at? Maybe 10000 RPM. It just depends on how much $ is on spent.

Justin,
I've watched a clip that shows the 600 hp red Celica with a bodykit (I don't know if it's yours...heh..heh) vs. 1005 hp Supra. The Celica just took off the line while the Supra was always behind. I think maybe the Supra driver didn't know how to drive nor it has too much lag and not enough response for a 1/4 mile.

Ahhh.. The crazy fast MINE skyline. I personally love both skyline and supra. They are both inline 6 and they are both capable of making awesome power. Too bad Skyline never make it to the us market. I still would love to swap an RB26 into a 240sx or the old school 280z. But getting parts for it is a pain. 2jz is easier to get parts.

Yeah i was just talking motors Steve, once you slot them into a car it's a different story...The Supra is a fairly capable machine but not in the same league as the Skyline GTR.

Put a 2J into a Skyline and then you have a total weapon :)

I personally saw the Skyline with the right steering wheel 2 times on the streets. I then checked with all of the tax & fees to import a non approval car by the EPA. It turned out to be around $30K just to import that Skyline..Woop! However, I'd rather spend that $$ on my SC4 and beat the Skyline.

Dude's I have never even heard of the Skyline until this thread...WTF...

I love the Supra's, but hate the lowend power the 2jz offers... Great car other wise, and I would trade my SC4 for a clean one all day long...

So exactly what motor does the Skyline come stock with? Is it a good motor?

Jezzus Jibbby, where you been mate? probably the most iconic *** car ever produced. You US guys crack me up...there's a whole world out there :)

Do a google search and prepare to spend the next week trying to come up to speed :)

John, you never heard of skyline?? Okie I'm gonna freak buddy.

BTW the supra got pretty good low end on the sequential turbo setup. But once you upgrade to big single turbo then no more low end.

Steve, post up some pics of skyline please.

I think the main reason why the Skyline GTR is more popular is because it has the All Wheel Drive system where the Supra's only have Rear Wheel.
You can easly launch a GTR from a set of lights at 9000rpm, try that in a Supra and see what happens.

JIBBY may i present you with my not so common 4door varient, some people hate them i love them. its a R34 GTT it has a 2.5l single turbo.
i think the skyline would have to be the easiest and cheapest car to modify.
attachment.php

Skyline, hmmmm????...It looks like a heap to me... I still take the newer Supra's or a Soarer/SC4 over it all day long....However, the AWD is alluring too me though.....

Have you guys ever heard of the Buick Grand National and the lesser Ford Taurus Sho's...The buick sports a wicked supercharged 6 banger that will power up just as well as he above cars...The Taurus SHo has probably one of the best built American 6 banger motors that also can be boosted to move...

Dude's. I live in the US and not in Japan or the UK.......Soooo sorrry!!!!!:006:

Have you guys ever heard of the Buick Grand National and the lesser Ford Taurus Sho's...The buick sports a wicked supercharged 6 banger that will power up just as well as he above cars...The Taurus SHo has probably one of the best built American 6 banger motors that also can be boosted to move...

Dude's. I live in the US and not in Japan or the UK.......Soooo sorrry!!!!!:006:

I really hope you are joking, the SHO doent even come close to comparing to a GTR maybe close to one of the lesser model 4 door skylines.

the GN stock for stock would pull on a GTR in a straight line race and i guess modded would always give the GTR a run. but i wouldnt even dream about taking a GN around a corner at anything more then normal traffic speeds. the GTR on the other hand is a very refined car although a whole lot of computers help keep it stable.

american car makers still havent figured out that turning is kinda a reqired thing for a car to do at some point in its life.