2009 Nissan SKyline GT-R

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Where is our Supra? Nissan is coming out with some serious weapon. This 2009 Nissan Skyline GT-R will be making 480-hp, all-wheel-drive and will be as fast as the Porsche 911 Turbo. Toyota Supra?
photo_skyline.jpg

They maybe fast, they may be AWD, but they look like like crap...An every day looking car to me.. I personally think the G37 Infinity and the slower Nissan 350z's with some good rims look way better and that really isn't saying much.... This new Skyline has one of the uglyiest black looking front grills you will ever see, what was Nissan thinking?...Butt ugly like the Christmas twins... As you can see I am not shy in my opinions....

Is this car going to be available in the States and what is the sticker price?

As Lex says - Bring on the new Supra turbo as I am sure that will be an eye catcher....

it always seems that when a new design comes out there are few people who call ugly, then give it a few years and it ends up with a cult following and no one talks crap any more,

i rember people calling the mkiv ugly back in 93, the current viper, current mustang, people made fun of the miata for being a gay car till people figured out it was a perfect autox and track day platform and instanly it wasnt gay any more, oh but the H3 oh thats balla yo (most poser car on the road.) the elise was another car people called ugly. current skylines, mainly becouse there trying to be anti skyline fans becouse they want to hate it just beocuse alot of people like it. no one talks crap when gm comes out with a new grand am, or some other crappy car, i guess becouse no one cares. so you even taking the time to call it ugly must mean its a great car, atleast good enough for you to care.

Jake my boy, I want to love it I really do..... Last time I checked ugly means ugly and I have to call it as I see it..... Surely some other people on this forum see what I am seeing..This skyline does not have alot of sexy curves like an exotic, that ugly non exciting front end and grill have got to go, the rims look like pizza cutters, etc..etc..... Need I continue?

If I drove the skyline I might like it better though.... Any car that houses 500hp and can beat a porsche 911 turbo in the flats has got my thumbs up... That kind of juice I may just overlook the appearance for a while...

I've roasted a 911 turbo years back, and to me that was one of the fastest rides that I have ever driven in that it handled like it was on rails... The E55AMG that I drove was about the same to me in straight away power...

Attachments

• ban (Large).jpg
    ban (Large).jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 0
*the r32 skyline was 1 of the greatest cars a true legend of its time.
*the r33 was a huge disaster ugly as and feels and looks like a whale.
*the r34 is a beautiful peace of art and a truly fantastic car
*the rb engine also was fantastic motor and really made the skyline what it was

now on to the more modern skylines, well all i have got to say is that they look like crap, they are family cars that can go fast they are a disgrace to the name of the skyline (bathurst winning r32 legend) they should of called them something else. i will say that this is a improvement from the previous model r35 but that is not very hard. Personally i don't like it at all, apart from the power it makes. when they stopped using the rb26det rb25det rb20det etc they turned 2 crap anyway thats what i think

family car that does the Ring in 7mins something? sure, ill take one of those and let you get back to your worries about familes et al

now on to the more modern skylines, well all i have got to say is that they look like crap, they are family cars that can go fast they are a disgrace to the name of the skyline (bathurst winning r32 legend) they should of called them something else.

Im not sure how you came to the conclusion that skylines are not famely cars, of each generation of the skyline they made quite a few versions that where ment solely to truck the kids and wife around town and a single version that was a beast. The model started out as a prince 4door luxury car and only later did they add the gtr.

i would say with the latest generation the ratio is the best. being there are only 3 versions, 1 4 door famley car, and 1 2-door sporty version, and the gtr being a seprate model now and not really even a skyline. and with this latest generation the 4-door famley version wasnt a total slow ass pig like previous versions of skylines. have you ever driven a R32 4door around? might as well drive a buick. accually the old 60s skylines did look like buicks.

Reminds me of the GT500 Mustang some...The Mustang is simple looking but to me has the nicer front end look...

This Mustang GT500 also produces 500bhp and has a sticker price of just $50,000USD... My guess is the Skyline is double that...

What do you guys think of this comparison?.:22:

As regards to the new concept Supra, it looks like a spaceship. It's not really my taste, but it's nice to have one. I think it looks better in person, and this happens to most cars.