2009 Toyota Super Supra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Seriously.... that has got to be the ugliest prototype car I've seen in quite some time.

Toyota hit the nail on the head with the MKIV Supra... no need to see the image die with cars like this.

Might look real nice in 50 years. I would hate to see them kill a great car. Now that GT-R lays it down real well and looks good (sorry jibby)

Toyota's design studio lost the plot around 2000 and they have been turning out increasingly ugly cars without any soul.

They need to sack that whole lot and bring in some Europeans to show them how to turn out good looking cars with some personality and attitude again. The French/Brazilian/Lebanese guy at Nissan has done just that.

THAT'S the kind of person that should be running Toyota.

there have been so many rumors regarding the next supra concept, this looks to be another one. everyone has been so impatient about the next supra that every two door coupe that toyota has spit out has been deemed a supra concept by magazines and enthusiests. ill start believing when toyota acctually says something about it.

As for the next Supra vs. GTR battle, it's gonna need a lot of ass whoppin to take on something as powerful as the GTR. only time will tell....

How about all the new Lexus cars? I'd like any of them

Seriously? You like that IS-F?

Well, different strokes I guess. As much as I like both my Supras, and haven't owned anything but Toyotas (for myself) since the late 80's, they've lost my business. I doubt if my next "new" car will be anything that either Toyota or Lexus manufacture, and in fact I don't think I'd care to own anything either one of them made after about 2002.

Wonderful engineering, but they're just ugly as sin these days, IMHO. They need to keep their engineers, but sack their designers.

Toyota's design studio lost the plot around 2000 and they have been turning out increasingly ugly cars without any soul.

I agree with this opinion.

Perhaps I have a soft spot for the older Toyota cars. I love my SC. Inside and out, it definitely has soul. My neighbor has an 86 Celica All Trac. That is a wiked car. It's big brother, the MK2 Supra is a beautiful car with a 2.8L that is barely broken in at 200k miles. The MR2 still turns heads to this day. It is exotic and handles like a dream for an OEM vehicle.

I feel that Toyota has become too driven by dominating the magazine articles. I still have full confidence in Toyota engineers, but it is frustrating to read -for example- that the Celica was cut from the Toyota line up because the Corolla-S was deemed sufficient to satisfy those looking for a sporty compact vehicle given the advent of the Scion tC. Decisions like these sting as a Toyota fan.

However, I must admit that the new LS looks damn fine on the long wheel base.

Yep, I agree with both your comments...The 2002 and newer Toyota's are not that impressive in the looks department... Designers need to take a long vacation and regroup or something....

Toy needed to hire the Merc or Bentley designers but not their engineers...

Yep, I agree with both your comments...The 2002 and newer Toyota's are not that impressive in the looks department... Designers need to take a long vacation and regroup or something....

Toy needed to hire the Merc or Bentley designers but not their engineers...

Unless they hire the original designers/engineers of the Mercedes-Benz Unimog.... Then Toyota would put every other company to shame in the off-road department :love: . While on the topic, I don't know what idiot came up with the current FJ Cruiser design :261:.

Yep, I like the FJ Cruisers as far as the drive and the off road capabilities are concerned but the looks are just a bit off to say the least...They really got away from the classic Cruiser look on that design...

The Tundra's look Ok but that is a simple pickup truck, hard to screw up a pickup truck design..I am suprised Toyota didn't F that one up too..

The New Supra is butt ug, the Camery's are nothing special, the new Cruiser is suspect, what else? The new Lexus's look ok, but still not jaw dropping.... The new 600H looks good to me, but still it just a 4 door sadan.....

Look at the Mercs, and Jags and you will see progression in their designs over the years, especially the newer Merc's..I think most newer Merc's look amazing...All the AMG's are good looking rides... It's just a shame the Merc's aren't engineered to perfection...

Have you guys seen the new Dodge Challenger? It looks pretty sweet in the "muscle car revival" sense.

http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/challenger/

That looks awesome. What goes around definitely comes around.

I can't wait until the Toyota Performance freaks start realizing that the 2JZ motors are getting up there in age, and for the price of rebuilding and stroking to 3.4L, you can have 4.0L or 4.7L fully forged with thousands left in your pocket to make a wiked set up.