Dynoed my 2009 GS460 bone stock!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

designo

Dynoed the car when it was bone stock. Disappointing results as the car obviously has been tuned to run really rich for our environment. This has caused a loss of around 20 crank hp's.

Going in for a dyno soon to see the results with all my mods installed. Fingers crossed.

Below is the video of the dyno run and result

GS460Dyno.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaXKEZB7jvE

Nice numbers if we consider 30% of losses.
The 460 Lexus in Saudi Arabia came with no direct injection feature … its rated about 340 HP.
Does your car have the direct injectors + the regular injectors?
What is the modification you have done for the exhaust system?

Strange, all Gulf Spec GS460's are imported with 322hp. That's a detune of 20hp from the rest of the world which are rated at 342hp.

That is due to our low grade 95RON (91MON) fuel which has sulfur in it. I believe our cars are DFI not EFI. I suspect the local Lexus are not being truthful about the engine. If our cars are indeed EFI, then why does the dealer clean my injectors every 10k kms?

I have installed Tanabe Medallion Axle Back Mufflers, Invidia Mid Pipes and Tom's air filter.

Also look at my dyno sheet, you will notice how rich my Air/Fuel ratio is. This is what's killing the power, and this is why our engines run colder in this part of the world.

This what I’ve told by the Lexus dealer here!! He said this because the fuel is not clear enough and will cause a lot of maintenance problems. Not because of the RON grade!

I’m not sure if the USA 460 has EFI + DFI … any one confirm

BHP in question

Ive seen BHP for the GS / LS 460 quoted at between 322,344 and 375
depending on which 'Lexus' site your looking at.....
.. Not good.... :(((

The deal is very simple,

Because the LS models are Direct Fuel Injection, they had to detune the Middle East LS460's to 342hp. And since the Electronic Fuel Injection GS460 is rated at 342hp, for marketing reasons, they detuned that to 322hp.

No technical reason whatsoever! Only for marketing because they cannot have the GS out-perform the LS.

They detune the car by simply altering the Air/Fuel ratio and running it rich which is also good for our engines in our climate!

I see...... what's a Tanabe Medallion Axle Back ?

In a Lexus 3GS, you have three sections to your exhaust. The manifolds ( headers ) which come from your engine. Then you have the midpipes which have the cats in them. And then the rear mufflers ( which are basically from the rear axle back )

Tanabe medallion is my rear mufflers.

06-07%20GS300%20350%20430%20Tanabe%20medallion%20touring.jpg

Also look at my dyno sheet, you will notice how rich my Air/Fuel ratio is. This is what's killing the power, and this is why our engines run colder in this part of the world.

That isn't as rich as some Toyotas. Namely turbocharged models. Toyota uses this tune in place of forged pistons which are noisy and not permited in luxury cars.

Hi designo

Here's a few qustions...
These 10mm wheel spaces you put on... Why did you put them on ? Did they make any difference ? Were they worth the money ? Would you put wider ones on ? Has it affected your tire wear ?
Thanks designo :)