Got my car dynoed today.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

200sx-v8

Hi guys!

Had my car to the dyno today. Very happy with the results.

At 0,7 bar, I got 427rwhp and 458 ft\lbs.

502 flywheel hp if I assume that there is 15% drivetrain loss. Will post the graph as soon as I got it scaned.

Here is a pic of the car from the drag strip yesterday.

The turbo is a Master power. Cheap but quality. Much like a old school Garrett.

The Microtech ecu does control ignition. But it does use the stock distributors and coils. You can remove the dizzy's and run it directly, but then it wil be with waste spark. Now I'm running 33 degrees max advance, with 1 degree retard per psi of boost. It's also a little retarded at max torque rpm.

The only thing I have noticed as a small problem with this ecu, is that it should have had a little bit bigger map resolution at idle\cruising. It's a bit hard to tune it at some of these points perfect.

Mate that is very impressive and almost identical to my figures. With the twins on 13psi (0.85 bar) i got 430rwhp but my torque figures were a bit higher. Would love to see your dyno graph if you can post it up.

You run alot more advance than i do so i'm definitely getting back to the dyno to wind in some more advance.

How'd you go at the strip BTW?

427rwhp
Was it on stock compression?and 98 okt RON?
What rpm did you get full boost?and how good is it reving?
I belewe you have enough power/torque to drift now :)

Thats what I have told every body this 1uz is the cheapest engine you can get 500 reliable bhp.Nice work.I will be with you in the higly exlusive norwegian 1uz club next summer.

You can take a pic with digital camera if you dont have a scanner.
....I realy wants to see how it the spools up.

Stock compression, 98oct pump gas. 450 injectors.

If you run AF12.6 and begin with low timing and go up, you could get much more HP on this engine with the same boost.You will also get higer boost earlier and are able to strech the hp higer up in rpm.

Running 10-12 in AF is not gona help you much anyway in regards of detonation. Then its gona be better to go down to 0,6bar(witch I dont think you need) of boost and get a good mapping on it.

But you must have a tool to listen to detonation.Call me If you dont have,its realy simple to modify a stettoscope.

How'd you go at the strip BTW?

We only have a 1/8 mile strip here, but it's better than nothing.

Started with 8.3 then 8.2 and the three last runs I got 8.1
Speed at the finish was 152 km/h at best.

@Rydning
I'm going to fine tune the afr's but I have had some trouble with the logging on my wideband lambda, so haven't gotten that far yet.

I do need a proper knock amplifier. Was thinking of a device made by Martin Schanke, but if your ide works well I can give it a shot.

We only have a 1/8 mile strip here, but it's better than nothing.

Started with 8.3 then 8.2 and the three last runs I got 8.1
Speed at the finish was 152 km/h at best.

@Rydning
I'm going to fine tune the afr's but I have had some trouble with the logging on my wideband lambda, so haven't gotten that far yet.

I do need a proper knock amplifier. Was thinking of a device made by Martin Schanke, but if your ide works well I can give it a shot.

I also have a ampifyer from wellman you have to build self(180,-kr) that also work exelent with the stock knocksensors and earplugs.You cant miss the detonation sound...

You have traction issues eh :) Not surprising. Do they give you a 60ft time still?

I laid your dyno over mine and the similarities are amazing. Peak hp and the drop are pretty much the same as you would expect i guess with both of us running stock internals. I think our setups are as good as you can get with stock internals....haven't seen any better and nearly all others are worse. Could squeeze some more max out but will still peak around the 4000rpm and then plateau and drop away. Even the a:f are similar :)

The main difference is your low end comes on much harder than mine...i suspect because you run alot more advance but i guess i am spinning up two large compressors as well. From that initial squirt your hp buildup is a little slower than mine to max as the twins have more flow capacity. We both max out around the same and i wonder if we are close to the flow capacity of the stock heads/cams?

I'm definitely going to look at more advance. Any chance you could email me your ignition timing table?

A 1UZFE in a light Nissan body! That's great! Even if I turbocharge my SC and get the same hp figure, I still lose to you. :boggled: Normally, most Nissan guys use the Skyline engines instead, but you've changed the idea.

A 1UZFE in a light Nissan body! That's great! Even if I turbocharge my SC and get the same hp figure, I still lose to you. :boggled: Normally, most Nissan guys use the Skyline engines instead, but you've changed the idea.

He told me that the weight of the car became pretty much the same with this engine 1270kg/2800lbs.
With the same weight distibution after moving the battery back.
If you use skyline engine its gona be much heavier up front.