1992 SC400 dynoed at 300 rwhp???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Lots of errors in that site about the Lexus SC400 parts.

Probably so; I think they use a generic fuzzy logic program to match a user's input with the parts their suppliers recommend for those vehicles. Once you get to their checkout page, you see that most of the parts are tagged as "Universal" and not guaranteed to fit your application, so it's best to call them before making a purchase, unless you know exactly what you want. Most of us know pretty well what we want, and whether it'll fit or not, but there's always the newbie that has a generic shopping list and money burning a hole in his pocket.

For specific UZ engine parts or other Lexus items, David (Lextreme) is the man of course, but for generic JDM alphabet soup stuff, or items he doesn't carry, these guys (HPF) do a pretty good job. I've done a fair bit of business with them since 2002 and haven't had any problems. And no I am not a poster child for them, nor do they sponsor me in any way.

Not a snow balls chance in hell.....

300whp with only exhaust mods, not happening...I got all the exhaust mods, intake, ECU and I can't get over 225whp on my 1992 but this guy dyno's at 300..Yeah right.......

However, if it's a 98 SC400 which it is not with the VVTi addition then maybe 275whp with exhaust mods and that's stretching it abit.......

For a 1992 SC400 to dyno at 300whp it would have to equiped with these mods...

1) Complete exhaust mods headers, straight thru piping with the X member, no cats and straight thru mufflers....

2) Eight Throttle Body intake, MAP....

3) ECU stand alone and tuned to perfection...

4) GE head swap, or a major port job on the FE heads...

With all that you may just dyno at 300WHP on a stock 4.0 1uz-fe motor.....

I think the stock SC400 dyno at around 175-185 rwhp. With the mods mentioned on the picture there is no way that car can gain 115 rwhp. Perhaps we should email them and ask for a dyno sheet. Hack! I would like to follow their mods if it can produce 300 rwhp. If we do the math.

BFI: 10 rwhp MAX
Exhaust 25 rwhp MAX

Does 10 + 25 = 115?

Update: I just emailed HPF to verify the article.

David, I'm sure that was on a DynoJet, which, as we all know, can be made to read just about anything the tuner or dyno operator wants it to read.

This is very convenient for the poor sap who has just dropped $5K into some dubious go fast parts like a body kit, rims, neon lights, etc. Oh and a K&N canister HOT AIR intake....

So our poor sappy desperately wants to see something good on the dyno for his $5K, and so does the shop that just fleeced him.
Well bucko, that's no problem for an experienced Dynojet operator. :sgrin:

But just maybe this guy's SC400 dyno run is halfway legit and he simply forgot to mention the 150 shot of nitrous he had to give it to goose it up to 300 RWHP?

Maybe this guy is running straight jet fuel on this miraculous dyno...Actual even with that he probably would not dyno at 300whp...

Maybe our friend Dante Guererro the owner of this power house 1992 SC400 is smoking crack?

Lex with complete exhaust mods I think you can pick up as much as 40whp with the stock 1992 SC400... My estimates -

1) Delete the three cats - 7whp
2) Straight piping with X - 8whp
3) Headers - 15 whp
3) Straight thru mufflers - 10whp

My take... Also a stock 1992 SC400 after 15 years and 200K will not dyno at 250bhp like new...No way!!!

This guy would be lucky to dyno at 200whp in my opinion with his mods and his 1992 SC400....

I'm also not so confident you can pick up 10whp off the BFI intake...Maybe 5 whp in my opinion....

So lets break down all possible mods and what to expect....

I would say a stock 1992 SC400 with 150,000 miles on it would maybe dyno at 170whp and that is 16whp short of the new stock numbers..Considering carbon buildup over time, electrical wear and power lose, old stock exhaust clogging, etc...170whp on a stock 1992 is generous...

1) Exhaust mods total 35whp
2) Intake BFI 5whp
3) ECU piggy tune 10whp
4) Electrical, electric fans 10whp That includes all electrical upgrades..
5) Stock dyno 170whp
6) Delete A/C, power st.. 7hp

That all totals 227whp and that would be a super dyno result on a 1992.. That about breaks it all down.....

It's kind of funny that there're some people just love to stretch out the truth like this. It could be 200 rwhp, but a typo said it's 300 rwhp. Or our friend Dante here just loved that number 300 rwhp. He should have known the 1UZFE community has a lot of motor gurus now.

I think this guy simply used one of the MANY online HP calculators that INCORRECTLY give results as RWHP. Here is just one example:
http://www.carforums.net/hpcalc.php

Using my car, 4000 pounds, 14.22 et, 99.38mph and I get either 275rwhp using the et - or - 306rwhp using the trap speed.

Of course my ACTUAL engine power on that run is near the 306 number and my ACTUAL rwhp for that run is around 235rwhp.

It is UNFORTUNATE that so many rumors and "sites" have misleading and flat out incorrect information. Rumors and misinformation have always been around but the internet makes the problem faster and bigger!

A perfect example would be exhaust pipe size and notice this guy has 3" inch pipes!!! Poor guy has spent a bunch of money to make his car slower than if he had not spent the money... sad.

So, here is a guy that has been fooled by incorrect online "dyno" and has bought into the BIG exhaust pipe myth. He now posts his "results" and others that do not know any better say "WOW... I want 300rwhp also" and then go and try to duplicate this guys "mods" and then "know" they then have 300rwhp... :tired:

Trying to convince one of these guys he does NOT have 300rwhp or that 3" pipes do not help him is exhausting. This same guy will argue with you and he may even post insults about you when all the time you are trying to help him learn and make his car better and faster for cheaper.

I always enjoy the horsepower arguement. If the car with the most horsepower was the fastest it would make life much easier but this is not the case. I have several cars we worked on recently and tuned on the same dyno. (1) Nissan silvia with VG30DETT - 200rwkw on 8psi with 100kw at 3000rpm. (2) Ford sierra cosworth 2L turbo 138rwkw on 10psi, 100kw at 4000rpm. (3) Toyota Altezza (sportcross or IS200 in other markets) 2L NA 123rwkw with 100kw at 5700rpm. My 1UZ van on another dyno has 148rwkw and we have a customer with a B18C civic with 135kw (Hub dyno). While the sierra KW is lower than I expected it is very fast for a 1988 car. I am sick of seeing articles in magazine mechanics books where only the maximum KW figure is shown. When tuning I now focus alot more on the midrange and getting the 100kw rpm as low as possible. The cars are alot more fun the drive than laggy pigs with big turbos and big maximum horsepower. I am no longer ashamed to say one of the cars I work on has lower than expected horsepower when I know they are nice cars to drive especially when matched with drag strip times and fuel economy. Cheers