Short runner manifold

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
220 is when it settles..And realy moves..You are loosing time there or you would be pulling low 11's... MT radials are not as good as crossplys however.. But you need to change the front wheels as well..

Yeah totally agree but losing time from wheelspin not lag...trust me, i have the pedal the thing to half track until i can really get on it.

It'll run a 10 on MTs guaranteed :)

TKO600, shouldn't break? Boost control would be good....Autronic can do it i just need to set it up.....i get a bit lazy on the details sometimes :)

Amm? Not meaning to be smart ass but CV's etc are part of transmission..
How quick is the gear change on TKO ?? Mine could be alot better...

I'm just upgrading the CVs now from the stock GT4 ones which snap like pencils with sticky rubber to Supra ones which (touch wood) are near bullet proof.

Shift in mine is great, lightening quick. Gotta use a Dexron III tranny fluid.

I have a guy doing some CAD design for me for a 'production' version but don't hold your breath as both he and i are swamped with other work at present.

I'm still keen to go with the VVTi setup so mixed enthusiasm to take this much further.
Justen, I do mechanical CAD work all day long. If you get me the info I need to draw it up I would love to help this get into production.

No dyno yet....test dyno is moving so tossing up whether to wait or just use another dyno i know reads about the same.....the risk using another dyno that nay sayers will call foul? anyways,, trap speed improvement indicates good gains...could be as high as 70kw and that was with less boost.

Anyone waiting on emails will have to be patient as our dept is moving offices so i have lost email until at least next Mon.

That's a very general rule of thumb....so many factors come into it that you can easily gain torque across the whole rev range by going with shorter runners...just depends what else you have optimised as well.

only the HARMONICS of the pipes changes with length.

shorter pipe, higher freq harmonic, and the HARMONIC itself is suited to higher rpm

the shorter pipe, however, also has a different x-sectional velocity profile, and for a given dia of pipe, may or may not have issues with the boundary layer choking the flow

if youre intake is sonically choked, then a shorter runner manifold will increase tourque at low and high rpm due to better flow velocity profile.

whether or not the harmonic of the pipe comes into play is an entirely differnt consideration (and one where the long/low short/high internet simplifcation stems from)

Yea generally on same engine size .. The sedan version is shorter than similar engine in truck.. The F series 5.0 / 5.8 for example had heaps longer, higher inlets to gain low rpm torque, than there car version..
Same with Toyota's V6 engines when comparing similar engines ..

Hey guys,

Do any of you know if the lower intake out of an early 2uz would fit the 1uz heads and the 1uz upper intake?

The runners are a bit longer than Justen's design but are not cross flow so I figure a swap might be beneficial.

I know the 2uz's in the first couple of years of Tundra are cast two piece units. The newer 2uz Tundra's are one piece plastic.

Thanks for any thoughts.

KC

great idea kc, I plan on making my on 'copy" short runner starting next month but a pure swap would be even better.

anyone have pics of lower plenum 2uz?? I have mine out right now so a comparison would do wonders...

No chance KC....everything is different...studs, port angle, etc etc not to mention the variable length intake. One of the 1st things i looked into :)

SPF replied to your last queries. Currently off work again on doctors orders so no email access....back on thurs

No chance KC....everything is different...studs, port angle, etc etc not to mention the variable length intake. One of the 1st things i looked into :)

SPF replied to your last queries. Currently off work again on doctors orders so no email access....back on thurs

Dang! Well it was worth an ask. Also good to here an answer from someone who has already looked into it.

Are you planning on selling these units? I have no welding or fab skills.

KC

Attachments

• coil.JPG
    coil.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 34