Short runner manifold

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I pm'd you. Im really interested in this. Silly Q. After bolted up, did you have to adjust your idle or tune... anything strange? Room mate discussions play with your head.

hey Justin,

haven't been on here for quite a while, been in china for a month, then changed jobs, and my girlfriend decided that it was time to do some work to the house....

anyway, just saw you said the internal diameter of the tube is the same as stock, what dod you do to get the tapper towards the intake port right? I always assumed that you'd had to fabricate this from sheet, on a three roller bench, and then weld it up allong the lentgh-wise seem...

and: any results yet???

at the end of this month an order will go out to buy a Gys 180a ac/dc Tig welder (made in france), I tried Mig alluminium on the old cebora but, results are not very nice to look at.

Grtz Thomas

It wasn't that fancy Thomas....just a quick exercise remember :) So runner dia (equiv circumferance to stock port but round) blends into the stock runner with just some porting with the dremel.

Results were very impressive bottom and mid range. We had some issues on the dyno so top end results were a bit meaningless. At the drags i picked up approx 5mph top end so plug that into a drag calc and it suggests a good power gain. Throttle response was also greatly improved.

From my end all good. It's sold now so no further testing but MKII is in the works :)

Yes bit just too much effort unfortunately. We started a CAD design but based on personal experience 'gunnas' out number 'doers' by a large margin so i'd most likely get stuck with a pile of heavy duty paper weights :)

Finally found some time to have a crack at MKII :)

I cheated a bit and have just used an off the shelf SC manifold and had my own plenum fabricated to bolt on. I was pushed for time as trying to get this sorted for the Toyota Nationals at Easter (need to defend my Top Toyota title ;-)) so i thi k there will still be a MKIII to come.

I used a Bullet SC manifold as it's already ported. Not as heavy duty as the Richwood version (which i also have) which could be a good thing as it's lighter.... but a Richjwood one might (?) be better for a high boost SC?

For turbo or N/A i doubt there's much to pick between them other than you definitely need to port the Richwood one.

Pics to come....and of course some dyno results too.

There's no 'restriction' as such....the stock ports still seem to flow up to 1000hp no probs. The issue is the 'tuned' length of the stock intake runners,, hence my short runner quest.

Anyways, lets see how MKII goes eh

Back to back testing with the Richwood manifold will be very interesting.

Very logical set up though and the proof will be in the pudding as they say.

Found a coupla free hours so all installed girls and boys:

maniinstall1.jpg

maniinstall2.jpg

maniinstall3.jpg

Initial driving impressions are promising. Boost comes on earlier and no loss of throttle response from the huge plenum (approx 8 litres). Butt dyno is of no use on the street at these hp levels so a dyno session is needed to tell the top end story...does seem to pull strongly past your normal stock roll over point.

Yeah SC has been gone for ages...25psi on a stock motor was expecting a bit much :)

New manifold and new plenum...gone is the long stock runner setup.

This new setup puts the TB in the stock position though so should be pretty much straight bolt on for you Soarer and Celsior guys

Will be very interesting to see the before and after dyno results. i thinkyou should make good numbers up top. There is no runner now, you may loose a bit down low.
Looks great when do you think you will have time to hit the dyno?

Attachments

• HPIM0094.JPG
    HPIM0094.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 48
Dunno as i'm fully booked for a while. I have a 24hr Mtn Bike race this weekend, the Toyota Nationals over Easter and then a few social engagements or holidays right out until late May. Hopefully i can book an afterhours session one weeknight and drop in on my way home from work :)

Attachments

• Before2.JPG
    Before2.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 3