short in turn signal?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WDoherty

Ok, i really need help from you guys this was weird. Tonight i put on the right trun signal and the radio came off and on and the dash lights kinda blinked. Then i put on the left turn signal and the whole car shorted for a second and even the engine power went off then right back on again. Very strange, what the hell is going on? Plus i was already trying to sell the car so this is definatley a problem i have to take care of.

ok, i did some searching on club lexus and others have had electrical ghosts from a bad ground, i think that is the problem.

Same Problem

I have a 1993 lexus sc400 and my car is doing the exact same thing as you described yours of doing. So it was just the ground on the battery? I thouight it was the alternator or something but I wasn't sure.

actually it has re-occurred recently, so i'm not sure. I am going to check the connections on the alternator when i pull the power steering hose at some time.

yea, well i found the groundwire to the battery totally loose and prblem went away for awhile, yet has returned. I guess that's why they call it an electrical "ghost".

Attachments

• HPIM0085.JPG
    HPIM0085.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 48
I checked all my fuses because my radio was not working properly in the first place. So when I pulled the radio fuse from under the hood it fixed the problem. So If your sc is still having problems like mine was I would check all fuses because it is a short circuit not an alternator problem.