PHOTOS 112 on 1UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Jibby,

On a simulator I made 610hp with the 112 and 8.5 pistons and Kelford cams and a W2A intercooler.

We had the 112 at 15lb. maxed out!

Fugly-

What can the M112 Eaton Charger do for the 1uz-fe motor?...Horse power speaking? Let's figure you can make 200whp on the N/A motor if your lucky, then with the charger belt drive loss what what do you expect the charger can do maxed out....I also noticed you have the dual MSD's going...What benefit do those bring and how did you get those integrated in...I use to use the MSD's on my older small block Chevy's...Didn't think they serve much benefit on the newer Xuz-fe motors of today....Nice setup and congrats....If I had 5 grand to piss away I would definetely consider the Eaton charger...Maybe the M90 from what I have read...

Oh and the whipple chargers are wicked...We used those monsters on the 454's CID's back in the day...POWER is what we got....

My original motor N/A dynoed at 214rwhp, with 112 it dynoed at 317rwhp with 9lb boost, i've detuned it a bit since then to make it safer for when i compete in burnout competitions (as i melted pistons in the first engine during a burnout comp), now dynoed at 289rwhp, with this tune i ran a 12.3@112mph at the drags in full street trim.
The MSD's are used as ignitor modules (i had them laying around & to boost the spark) 1 for each coil, i am also using a AUTRONIC SMC engine control module.

Fugly, 300whp is about what I am putting out under the juice.....It gets old and now I am wishing I had closer to 400-450whp....300whp just simply does not give me enough power for my liking after the second gear in my car...Do you feel the same?

Fugly, I am suprised you melted down the stock pistons at 300whp as I here these motors on a fine tune can handle as much as 500whp... How did that happen?...I run 300whp on my stock 1uz- motor running nos all day long and can do burnouts comps as well if I wanted too....However, I do not see my pistons melting down any time soon....Just wondering how did that happened? DId you need proper intercooling to prevent that from happening?

Zuffen - I had no idea you layed down 612whp on a simulator running at 15lbs...What did your motor dyno at without the charger approx?....In other words what does the M112 bring to the engine in the way of direct horsepower at the wheels maxed out at 15lbs of boost...?

I

I think with Zuffen results,cams played a big part with those figures..im hoping for same..with lower CR (8.5) and bigger cams lift and F1....looking good for 5-600 +HP.

The engine wasn't simulated without the 112.

I wouldn't expect it to do too much due to the 8.5:1 and cams.

I'm selling off my 112's (I have 2 of them) and manifold with W2A intercooling as I'm taking delivery of a Richwood Opcon twin screw setup in the next few days. The Opcon will start with 18lb boost and a pulley swap should see around 26lb.

I have everything I need to start building the engine, I just need to decide who I trust enough to do it.

I'm hoping for 650+ at the fly.

Zuffen, how much is a Opcon going to cost you? does it fit on the same Richwood manifold? are you still going to intercool it or is it not nessisary?

Jibbby, I am very happy with my cars performance at the moment, good quarter times in street trim, good fuel ecconomy, i can get the power i've got to the road reasonably well with the limited tyre size i can run, any more power at the moment will just make my car go slower unless it at the drags running slicks.

Which reminds me you were going to get a official time for your car, have you had a chance to race it yet?

Burnouts are very hard on engines, reving around 6000-7000 rpm for up to 3 minutes is certianly going to bring a problem to the surface, a lot different than playing around on the street or even running up on the dyno etc.

Do you guys have decent burnout comps in America these days, if you do we certainly don't hear about them in Australia.

as I'm taking delivery of a Richwood Opcon twin screw setup in the next few days. The Opcon will start with 18lb boost and a pulley swap should see around 26lb.

I have everything I need to start building the engine, I just need to decide who I trust enough to do it.

I'm hoping for 650+ at the fly.
That sounds like a killer combo. Make sure you keep us updated with the progress like Engine Build Up (III) with lots of pics....

Fugly - No burnout comps here in the US...Atleast not in my neck of the woods... As far as track times, no I haven't made it yet....Still haven't got around to it yet.....I want more power so I can really put up a respectable time...

Jibbby, you should realy run it like it is, that way you get a base line to compare your future modifications to, it will also give others on this forum an idea what there potential performance will be if they do simalar mods to there own car is.
Its all about sharing information.

Looking at a water to air intercooler, the cooler core will go in the planium directly under the blower, will have to lift the blower slightly to fit it in.

Very interesting! on thing that has put me off supercharging is a lack of charge cooling.

Do you have any pics of these types of setups?? or links, info etc???

The Opcon was part of a deal with me trading some Eatons in so I cna't give a true figure.

I would guess around $6,000-7,000 but you'd need to ask Andrew at Richwood.

Attached is a photo of an MP112 on a UZ and it has the W2A intercooler under the blower.

The intercooler is the bottom section of clean alloy under the blower.

Second photo is an Opcon on a Richwood manifold

Rod, is the 112 & W2A intercooler sitting on Richwood manifold? if not what sort of manifold? who made that W2A intercooler setup?
It doesn't look like you are going to intercool the Opcon setup, is that right?

Fugly,

I made the manifold from a Lexus lower and the Ford lightning manifold. Simply sliced the runners off the Ford and sliced the runners off the Lexus.

Had them welded together did a bit of die grinding and hey presto one manifold.

All that took 4 months! I made a frame to hold the Ford manifold central and parallel in all planes before welding.

The intercooler unit is the standard Lightning Garrett 9 row set up.

At this stage I'm looking at water/meth injection on the Opcon (partly for weight reasons) and lean toward a Snow Performance Stage II system but haven't given up on the concept of a variation on standard fuel injection techniques. I need to find a fuel injector that can live with the water/meth mix to do this.

I could look at going back and using the W2A system I have.

An Eaton on the Richwood or Jordy's manifold is pretty well the same overall height as the stock inlet system.

Attachments

• P4080006.jpg
    P4080006.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 3
  • P4080007.jpg
    P4080007.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1710.jpg
    IMG_1710.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1700.jpg
    IMG_1700.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1708.jpg
    IMG_1708.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1706.jpg
    IMG_1706.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1
  • P4080013.jpg
    P4080013.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 2
  • P4080008.jpg
    P4080008.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 1
The plenium area of the 112 on my 1UZ is actually slightly lower than the original plenium.
The drive pulley is actually the highest part of my setup

Rod, do you really need to intercool a screw compressor, i thought that that was the advantage it had over a roots style blower.

If you cool a twin screw you can wind in more advance and hence power.

Whilst not strictly needed the cooling will give a bit of safety margin plus the power.