New conversion Photos ;) exciting

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Heres a reverse look :) Note the long intake pipe, 1uzfes like a longer tuned intake pipe to the filter rather than the short pipes or pod filter direct onto the thottle body like alot of people do

So drifty is that car of yours fast? It's small but if I remember those beamers weighed in at a bit... How's the ride, are you pleased? How does it perform overall?

That's a nice little tight fit, good work....

So drifty is that car of yours fast? It's small but if I remember those beamers weighed in at a bit... How's the ride, are you pleased? How does it perform overall?

That's a nice little tight fit, good work....

Still not finished yet mate, its going in for the link ecu next week ;) cant wait! It will be safe to say it wont be slow lol it only weights about 1240kgs so will 300hp ish it should fly. It handled very before, and this setup is lighter so it should be awesome!

Cheers

Drifty, sounds like that is going to be one fun little ride of yours...

Curious, what exhaust did you create after the swap? Did you crossover? Headers?

300hp is asking alot out of that engine N/A unless you went all out on the exhaust and tuning...I see you're Mapped and no MAF, so you will get the most out of your tune job... Sweet... Remember these motors came stock NEW rated at around 250hp on the early model Soarer/SC400.. 50+ more hp I guess is doable with exhaust mods and a fine ECU tune job...

Manual tranny?

Drifty, sounds like that is going to be one fun little ride of yours...

Curious, what exhaust did you create after the swap? Did you crossover? Headers?

300hp is asking alot out of that engine N/A unless you went all out on the exhaust and tuning...I see you're Mapped and no MAF, so you will get the most out of your tune job... Sweet... Remember these motors came stock NEW rated at around 250hp on the early model Soarer/SC400.. 50+ more hp I guess is doable with exhaust mods and a fine ECU tune job...

Manual tranny?

Hi Jibby,

Im running full extractors (not log manifolds) twin 2 1/4inch off the extractors into a proper merged single 2.5inch mandrel bent pipe with 1 resonator and 1 performance muffler

Yes running a full aftermarket ecu so ive deleted alot of the power robbing stuff and the conservative factory tune.

This is a late 1997 1uzfe with high comp and factory uprated cams so i think 300hp or near it at the fly is possible :)

NICE!!!! 300hp it is... That should move for you, and you have a manual tranny too... That's a nice little sportscar you're gonna have there...

Should be fun too drive... You may just be able to keep up with a new M3 BMW..

NICE!!!! 300hp it is... That should move for you, and you have a manual tranny too... That's a nice little sportscar you're gonna have there...

Should be fun too drive... You may just be able to keep up with a new M3 BMW..

Well im hoping for 300hp, i think its quite possible with my setup.

Should be very interesting with the 4puck clutch lol no slip there just on and off! I be a very happy man to keep up with a new m3, they are a beast. Somehow i doubt i will tho :)

I think if you get 300hp from a 1uz in an e30 you could keep up with or maybe even walk away from an E46 M3 your car has a magor weight advantage. also now that the motor is in, what do you think the possability of the ix front diff fitting in next to the motor?

I think if you get 300hp from a 1uz in an e30 you could keep up with or maybe even walk away from an E46 M3 your car has a magor weight advantage. also now that the motor is in, what do you think the possability of the ix front diff fitting in next to the motor?

Oh i totally think ill at least keep up with an e46 m3, but the new e92 m3 v8 is what im talking about.They have some seroius go!

Not possible to fit the ix diffs, there is no room lol and it would snap the weak ix diffs in no time!

I though about it tho lol but rwd is much more fun

M3's are quick...I have raced two newer M3's in last few years and edged them both out...The M6's are a different story, they have an extra gear or something...

I think you will be able to keep up with an M3 if your tranny is up to the task...Is that the R154 tranny you got? I had an 87 325e BMW for a few years and it was small and solid, but the stock straight six banger was kinda gutless but very reliable.. I put 200,000 miles on the car before I unloaded it. It still ran solid with no rattles just like my SC400.......

Drifty, Which weighed more your original straight six motor or this 1uz-fe? If the car is lighter then stock I venture to guess you be smoking those rears and motoring very well...

M3's are quick...I have raced two newer M3's in last few years and edged them both out...The M6's are a different story, they have an extra gear or something...

I think you will be able to keep up with an M3 if your tranny is up to the task...Is that the R154 tranny you got? I had an 87 325e BMW for a few years and it was small and solid, but the stock straight six banger was kinda gutless but very reliable.. I put 200,000 miles on the car before I unloaded it. It still ran solid with no rattles just like my SC400.......

Drifty, Which weighed more your original straight six motor or this 1uz-fe? If the car is lighter then stock I venture to guess you be smoking those rears and motoring very well...

Im using a w55 box so its plenty strong enough.

The 325e you had is a low compression model designed for low fuel consuption and yes they are veryu slow lol.Mine was a 325is and they make around 60hp more than yours did so they go alot better.Not good enough for me tho hence the 1uzfe ;)

The original engine was iron (heavy lol) in the end we think the weight will be quite similar with a slight advantage to the 1uzfe :) and it sits much further back in the engine bay.

She will be smoking all lol

Cheers

Riley

Nice project.
I'm soon starting on a 318is myself. But that will be with r154 box and twin t3 turbos.

How was the gearbox tunnel sized compared to that gearbox?

Nice project.
I'm soon starting on a 318is myself. But that will be with r154 box and twin t3 turbos.

How was the gearbox tunnel sized compared to that gearbox?

Cheers mate

Nice i would of used an r154 but are quite expensive and overkill for my build. Yum twin t3s would be nice, not alot of room for them tho ;)

Plenty of room really, we had to shave a little sound detening off the drivers side footwell but not much.

r154 is a bit bigger tho