Photos Needed For Magazine Article

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Ewen

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to find good photos of supercharger conversions to illustrate an article on supercharging in the UK's Practical Performance Car magazine.

What we need is good, large-size detail shots of completed installs, mounting / pulley bracketry, manifolds, intercooler solutions etc. Centrifugal, roots, twin-screw or whatever - we need to represent the cross-section of what people are doing.

It can be V8, in-line or whatever as well. There are lots of good photos that folk have posted of ideal projects, but we need permission to use anything, hence this post. There's no money on offer for photos used alas, but there is the bragging right of having your work in one of the UK's most popular tuning magazines.

Lextreme / Phil Bradshaw / Joel Alexander have already been invaluable in my own project so far (M90 supercharged 1UZ-FE engined Nissan Sil80) and I hope you guys can help out again now!

As always, there's quite a tight deadline - I could do with things by about 3rd / 4th Jan. Any input much appreciated. Please and thank you in advance!

All the best,
Ewen
[email protected]

I can supply some detail photos of M112 (modified) and the Centrifugal adaptor plate. I am sure others can contribute too. When is your "Real" deadline. I can get them the end of this week.

Hi,

That'd be great thanks. The end of this week would be fine if that fits into your schedule OK.

I need to check with the magazine as to when the drop-dead deadline is. Thu 3rd / Fri 4th is the one they gave me. It might be that they'll stretch to early next week (w/c 7th Jan), but I don't know for sure!

Again, input very much appreciated.

Thanks and have a great New Year!

Hi folks,

Thanks for coming back to me. Apologies for my delay in replying - just back late last night. Not one of my better pieces of self-organisation!

Scotturnot - The article's the second in a two part run. The first dealt with the theory of supercharging and the different types of blower etc. This one deals with the practicalities of actually doing a supercharger conversion yourself. As such we're really needing photos of home done installs - whether roots, twin screw, centrifugal or whatever. Detail shots of bracketry, intercoolers, oil take offs where relevant etc would all be great to have too.
The magazine is indeed on sale in the UK. Here's their current website:
http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

pwd - High res shots of your whipple install would be great please! Looks like a nice set up and one which I have in mind for a stage II of my own project - currently an M90 going onto a stock 1UZ. However, a Whipple or Richwood onto a suitably 'built' 1UZ is what I'd love to replace it with once funds allow.

Thanks again!

Any questions etc, please give me a shout. Either pm or email. Going by my options, you should be able to do both via the forum.

Thanks,

I'll grab some of those photos and pass them along to the editor. If they're too small for the printers to use, would you be able to lay hands on the originals / larger versions at all?

It could be there would be time to get a photo of the zinc-coated 'fish', but I'll forward the current uncoated ones in the meantime.

Thanks again - All help greatly appreciated!

Ewen

Hi,

Thanks for this. Sorry for the delay again - I was unable to get Lextreme.com for a couple of days. Hi-Res images of some / all of the following would be great if you have them please:

post 112 - super.jpg
post 139 - image ending 5.jpg
post 140 - 7
post 144 - 14
post 155 - 20
post 171 - 27
post 174 - 31
post 310 - 161

Thanks again!
Ewen