1UZ parts id (dial up warning - lots of photos)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ads4095

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum, but have been reading for quite a while - geat site! Well my 1UZ for arrived today to go into my 40 series landcruiser, just trying to id a few things on the motor so i can start on sorting out this conversion. Any help or hints anyone can offer would greatly be appreicated!

Cheers, Adam.

The two plugs on the left go to the iginiters, i think - where does the other go to??
DSC01905web.jpg

3 Wires that come off the alternator - i assume these will get wired into the existing wiring of the car?
DSC01908web.jpg

for the moment i wont be running power steering - i think these hoses came off the pump? Can they be blocked off and [FONT=&quot]disregarded[/FONT]?
DSC01892web.jpg

I think these are heater hoses, can anyone confirm this and point out whats what?

DSC01895web.jpg

Is this the hydro fan pump? also the wire going into that sensor just above is damaged - does anyone know what sensor that is?
DSC01897web.jpg

Again damaged wires - does anyone know what sensor this is?
DSC01898web.jpg

A few more hoses?? - these come out under the left (looking from the rear) exhaust manifold

Hello

Photo 1 - 2 ignitor and the other is air flow meter

Photo 2 - alternator wiring - large white is main power outlet connect to battery via a 100amp fuse is best. small black yellow - switched ignition 12volt. small white sense wire gets a permanant 12 volt. brown yellow to charge light.

Photo 3 - power steer idle up switch lines. Normally bleed a little air into manifold to increase idle when powersteer is used. blank and disregard.

photo 4 - heater hoses - crossover pipe hose is the hot. the steel pipe going under the manifold is the cold return. the fitting on the rear of the intake manifold is the vaccuum for the brake booster - if running a booster remember to fit a one way valve.

Photo 5 - hydralic fan control solenold. when power is fed to the solenold it allows the fluid to flow. generally is not used although if wired and used works awesome in the mud and very reliable.

Photo 6 - thats one of the ignition coils. make the spark to ran the engine.

The hoses under the exhaust manifold are most likely the fuel lines.

Cheers

Awesome, Thanks alot gloverman! I'll have to fix up that hydro pump solenoid to get the hydro fan going - i dont trust thermos in the mud.

On the second pic those brown and yellow wires are coming from a sensor in the sump... would that be low oil warning light??

Also looks like i'll have to find a coil from somewhere :ponder:

sds

Ok, took a few covers off today and found a few other things...

heres a closer look at one of the ignitors, i can get a replacement one from repco but because the plug is broken on the loom, not sure what to do. Does anyone know where you can buy connectors that may fit up to this?
DSC01913web.jpg

The two fuel lines that come out under the left exhaust manifold go to opposite sides of the motor. I guess one is fuel from the fuel pump and the other is the return?? does anyone know which is which?
DSC01920web.jpg
DSC01921web.jpg

Found a random vaccumm line that runs to nowhere...
DSC01918web.jpg

Also a hose that comes from the thermostat housing but is cut off...
DSC01917web.jpg

Here is the wiring loom that goes to the computer... the bottom 3 plugs go into my ECU... any idea on the others?
DSC01922web.jpg

sorry about the crap quality photos... i stuffed something in photoshop :boggled: