My 4x4 hilux (93 model)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Added some fully sick hardcore mods to the hilux a few weeks ago.
I added factory cup/can holders.

Image084.jpg

Also got the factory taco working with the 1uz. Since the 1uz has 2 coil packs it only needs a 4cyl taco. So I got a cluster out of an sr5 petrol hilux. Only problem with this was that my dash has an electric speedo and most hiluxs have a cable speedo. To over come this problem I opened both cluster panels and removed the taco from the sr5 one and placed it in my planel, added the volts and oil pressour guages while I was at it. I was hoping to just swap the speedos over but as you can see the circuit boards are different. Also had to swap the face panels so the 2 other guages could be seen aswell.
Very happy with the outcome as the petrol tacos go to 8 thousand where as the old 2.8 one only went to 6. Now since my 1uz sees 6,500 rpm and 7,000rpm often a 6 rand taco just wasn't going to cut it.

Image078.jpg

Image076.jpg

Image080.jpg

Finally got a power steering system that I think will be reliable in all driving types.

When I first put the 1uz in the hilux I didn't run a power steering cooler at all. First trip out I cooked the fluid and killed a pump.

I then installed this cylinder type cooler, it worked better then no cooler but if I was doing slow moving driving that had high amounts of steering involved it would still cook the fluid and kill pumps.
oldcooler.jpg

So after yet another power steering pump I finally got a good cooler and fitted it up. Was easy to install since I run my radiator on the tray. I just made some brackets up that bolt in to the standard radiator bolt holes. I then tapped some threads into those brackets and bolted the cooler on. Next weekend I will move the radiator pipes back closer to the motor and bolt a small 9inch thermo fan to the back side of the cooler. This fan will then be wired in with the radiator thermo fans via an over ride switch. This will stop my cooking of power steering fluid issues once and for all.
As you will see in the pics I have aloud room and allready tapped the holes to bolt a 2nd cooler the same size on the other side. This 2nd cooler will be for the auto that I plan on putting in the hilux next year. For those that might be interested I plan on using an auto out of an 80 series cruiser complete with the 80 series transfer case. Also going 80 diffs next year.
Yes the brackets have been painted white since taking the pics.
newcooler1.jpg
newcooler.jpg

Nice work Guts.

I have a transmission cooler that I am about to fit on my power steering setup as well.

How did you wire the tach up, from the ignitor or coil back to which factory loom wire?

Cheers
Matt.

HAHAHA.... I think you should have tryed a little harder...:439: It didn't quite sound like a chainsaw ...:la: Hope mine sounds like that when i git her goin..LOL

u need a 4 cyl hilux dash
then u need a tacho booster

i sell the boosters for 50 bucks

otherwise buy an aftermarket tacho

no diesel tachos are a waste of money

they will read 4 times less rpm than a 4 cyl tacho
cause diesel tchos work on alternator or injection pump or ecu

normal 4 cyl tachos sometimes need a signal booster

i have to run one on my hilux

original 4 cyl tacho worked off neg side of coil new tacho signal comes from ignitor

the signal from ignitor is not a strong signal

so if u hook tacho up and it doesnt work then u might need a tacho

very common on toyotas when doin conversions

on my hilux i run 2 in series cause tacho sometimes is slow or has a very small hickup sometimes

but u need a 4cyl tacho

i can get diesel tachos to work accurately but most people are tight and wont spend the 200 bucks for a signal converter

just ring marks 4 by 4 conversions and buy **** of them
they are more expensive heheheheheheh

Doh!!!!!!!!!!!

Owell rebuild time again.
It'll sit till after xmas then I'll start rebuilding it again.

Oh and it rolled all the way over to its wheels again and then on to the drivers side where it came to rest. But just before this happened we drove a hole that only 1 other car drove. Took some driving too, 6500rpm almost constant for about 5mins.
So Zuffen you think I've been putting that motor to good use LMAO

DSCF2037.jpg

DSCF2038.jpg

DSCF2039.jpg

DSCF2040.jpg

DSCF2041.jpg

DSCF2042.jpg

Nice. Gettin a new cab? If so... same or different?

A few weeks back my coworker, Suzie was wheelin with her husband and some friends. She said to him 'Leif, dont do anything crazy while I'm in this thing.' Within 10 minutes he rolled on his side lol. She was hanging from the harnesses very pissed off haha.

Sweet 80 series too.