My 4x4 hilux (93 model)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Got the same model hilux with the 2.8 ,spring over ,parabolics ,33s etc that got turboed about 6 months ago and since then has destroyed both clutch and gearbox, and as it only really gets used on the weekends im contemplating doin this same conversion here in NZ.

Im just wondering how you got on with the engine mounts? im looking at buying them as then i know the motor is in the right place.

Im also going to the R series box as the hilux wasnt turbo when brought so im just wondering what your machine is running?

And is there any important things that need to be considered?

cheers

mark

well this was only on sunday, so far all is ok. But give it time and bearings and crap will start failing and this is why I normaly stay out of this sort of mud.

I washed it over monday arvo and tuesday, everything got a good hoseing out, yes even the alt got some nice clean water threw it.

Yeah there are pics from 3 different peoples cameras in that lot.

Bit of an update.
Hilux is sitting in back yard as it is in the bad books.
Needs,
new clutch
new rear diff
new front tail shaft
something with batteries/alt isn`t write.
its just plain shitting me lol

After xmas both front and rear diffs will be pulled from under it and 80 series ones will be getting put back in in their place. The front will be coiled, as for the rear I haven`t decided yet if it will be colied now or later.

It`ll be back up and going soon. Now that it has some power I love driving it and hate it when its not write, hence why its in the bad books atm. Just got to do the family thing over xmas/new year, then go to summernats then earn some money again for a few weeks before I can afford to start fixing it.

Yeah I hear that. Drivetrain work is always a few hundred dollars out the window no matter which part it is. And now ain't the time of year to be sneaking money out into our projects :scratchchin:. What did you have in mind for the rear suspension in the near future? You had a 4 link/coils in mind maybe? Check out this article... it's right down your alley.

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techarticles/suspension/131_0307_four_link_suspension_part_2/index.html

That looks perfect for your type of trail work. I'm sure you would do a better job though.

I guess I'll have to register with that forum to see that link. I have a feeling there is a lot of other stuff I'll be interested in as well. I would leave the rear alone if it's working well for what you're doing. 4-link will cost some bucks. Proper bump stops end up costing near $500 US. A lot of people don't even fathom how much it costs to run the welders for all that work!! It's not cheap!

Some new pics and yes we drove threw from where the flex pics were taken.
All went good on Saturday but Sunday was different. Smashed the low range gears to bits so had to get another t case as high range wouldn't cut it for the huge ruts and hill we needed to drive to get out and there wasno way I was going to winch. Finished fitting the new t case about 11pm and then drove it home. Huge thanks to my brother and all the 3rd rock boyes for helping out.

Image007.jpg
Image008.jpg
Image009.jpg
Image012.jpg
Image016.jpg