My 4x4 hilux (93 model)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Guts - That is exactly what happen to me, I was climbing and wheels spinning and I wasn't going for that low range slow climb I have it hammerd and I was at the top of hill climb where it was getting almost vertical, as soon as I got to the top the front wheels came up, and I was way backwards, going, going, pop the clutch at the last second and came back down to my suprise, thought I was going for a washing machine cycle, or wicked roll.. Scary, wasn't sure if my cage would have handled a hill roll of that magnitude.

Anyway, sorry to hear about the car damage, that can happen....Bush and tree branch scratches stinks also and can ruin your paint big time.

Zuffen- The wench can not only pull you when you need her too, she can also pull everyone else...she's very talented.. Spelling correction noted "Winch".....ha ha

Here is my busted front diff centre. Looks like the bolts that hold the airlock housing together had worked loose and one had fallen out and that busted the diff. I know this lock is stuffed anyway and have a brand new one to go in in its place next week along with new gears and bearings.

Also took a pic of the engine bay for the person that asked to see it.

Guts,

It must be kill your transmission time for 4x4's.

I collapsed the clutch thrust bearing yesterday so the trans has to come out.

As my Auto is nearly ready to go in I figure I'll take out the entire powertrain and start agian with revised engine mounts in preparation for the new engine.

Yep you might as well do the auto thing now then. I just picked up my new centre complete with a brand new air locker.

Hay you don`t happen to have a spare good 1uz there you`d like to donate to the good cause of a rock crawling buggy do ya hehehehehe. I`ll even run some stickers displaying you company hehehehehe.

Don't laugh we do come across complete written off Soarers every few months.

Complete cars go for around $1500.00.

By the time you take what you want and sell the undamaged body bits you could end up making a profit and getting free mechanicals.

We've written off a Soarer a month for the last 5 months!

I've got a really tired 1UZ here that someone had in a Hilux but I'd only use it for parts.

For anybody that is interested my hilux will be in the May issue of 4x4 Australia magazine. It should hit the shelves around the end of this month as it went to print last week.

Hey Guts,
Your junk looks great!, you must be really happy to get it finished and out in the mud
veryhappy.gif
. How is your G52 handling the 1uz?, I am now the proud owner of a 1uz to do the same swap, but its hard to find R151's over here for next to nothing
sorry.gif
,so im hoping the g52 will handle it

Cheers
Jafa

Mud, I HATE mud, I try to stick to rocks and rutted hills. Only do mud when doing winch challenges. But yes I am happy to have it going again and drive it as much as I can.

So far the G52 is standing up ok. I drive it hard just not stupid. This rig only had 33000kms on it when I got it and I have allways looked after it so I know the box is in good condition. I also drop it back to 4th gear on the hills that I would have had to with the 2.8. I do this so 5th gear isn`t getting loaded up to much in an effort to try and help the box out.

Got 4x4 Australia today, hilux is in it and lextreme even gets a thank you.

Attachments

• heat-exchanger.jpg
    heat-exchanger.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 3
  • oil-cooler.jpg
    oil-cooler.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 4
  • oil-cooler-1.jpg
    oil-cooler-1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 4
Thanks Jordy.

Hilux now runs a tray mounted radiator with the twin AU Falcon thermo`s. The old setup with the standard hilux rad used to hold only 5lts. The new setup now holds approx 12lts of fluid. I`ll post some pics over the next few days.
Have also plumb in a big power steering cooler.
Finally starting to get the bugs from the motor conversion sorted out.
Just have to replace Transfer case and everything should be sweet and ready for its first comp in about 4 weeks time which I`m basicly only using as a run down for the big comp I`m hanging to do in it in October.

Took it for a big run 2 weeks ago. Was doing a big wet hill and was in 3rd low at about 6500rpm on and off all day, it loves it and wants more. I tried hitting the 7000rpm that these motors are meant to rev to but it would start breaking down at about 6600rpm. Going to put new leads on it and see if it makes a differance, I want to hit 7000rpm.

Hey Guts, Correct me if Im wrong, but a couple of those shots on page 1 are from Colo offroad track arent they? The roof shot is for sure!

Im in sympathy - Ive rolled there as well, as well as taken out some trees, err and another buggy, and that strainer post! errr... the powerline stancheon copped a hit... errr... I'll shut up now...

Top shots mate. You should talk to Randall Kilner at Dirtcomp to see if he's interested in doing a story on the conversion.

Yep the roll over pic and some of the others are from Nissan Trials 2003 where I got 3rd. It is held at the colo park. Will be there again this year on the first weekend in November.

I know Randall, seen him only this weekend at OZrock where I do the track design. Haven`t asked him yet if he wants to feature it but I guess he will.

He gets around that bloke... I (and heaps of mates) would like to see more techy articles in DC, not just about offroad but 4x4 and crawlers too.

Top job mate, looks brill.

Cant wait to get the 1uz into the racecar... :veryhappy

OK so, now how did you end up wiring up the engine-hilux because im doing the same mod, and dont know what to do, either find a dizzy with 8 plugs or once its on gas, use a carby........ i dunno and what did you use for engine mounts? i realise i have a lot of work ahead of me, but whilst im building a rover for comps, i want my hilux running like a champ, im sorry if youve answered this a million times, but yeh, its 4 in the morning i havent long finished work, and yeh... tired as all get out, any help would be muchly appreciated

My best mate is an auto leck and he did it for me. I could have worked it out if I wanted but couldn`t be bothered. There are wiring diagrams on this BB for the motor.

Engine mounts, I used the crown mounts and welded up new chassi mounts for them to bolt to.

yeh one of my mates is a wiring freak (genius) and he reckons if i can get him the hilux wiring diagram, and the lexus wiring diagram, he can do it all up no worries. But im thinking about converting it to gas and carburised, have you heard of this modification or considered it?
Bede

none taken mate, i know a bloke who will kit me up with a gas conversion reasonably cheap, and im running lower and lower on dosh, cause i do a fair few ks. See my hilux is being setup almost like a tourer, im just deciding what sort of engine to go with and because Im going to do even more ks (once its going again) I want to run it on gas to save in the long run (or extremely long run) its not going to be a comp beater, Im just assessing my options thinking about longterm stuff.

Bede